Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nintendo announced the release dates for their consoles for the first months of 2004 and PSO Episode 3 is stated for Q2.

I think is a bit disappointing with those rumours of february/march but somehow I doubted that could happen.
    Going off topic, Sonic Battle GBA, Sonic Heroes and Puyo Pop fever will come in 1st quarter. I'm happy they release Puyo Pop Fever. That saga haven't got a PAL release in many time.

bah, i knew it... the usual delay for no apparent reason...

thanks for the update anyway ^-^

EU gets the shaft again >_<

Thanks for the update anyhow.

Very lateeee.....
    Stupid sega only on DC ver 1 they made a fast relase on all country.

Apparently while there is some english done, I've learned from someone who has looked at the code of the game that no other languages have been translated yet. That explains the delay.

This is the trouble. It really sucks that we have to share with EU. I don't want to sound nasty, but Americans get the game first, then EU players 6 months later because it takes them that long to translate it. First of all it should not take that long - if a fan translator on the web can do the entirety of a text heavy RPG in 2 weeks flat, why can't the pros? Secondly, why no language support on the US versions (I know there will be on this one, but this is often not the case). It comes out in English only in the US, and we often have to wait for them to translate the fricking MANUAL to 6 EU languages. First of all, give players in the UK the American version ported over! No need to translate the manual. Secondly, why don't the Americans get say, spanish, Italian etc anyway? THERE ARE FAR MORE SPANISH AND ITALIANS IN THE US THAN THE UK! If they are going to be mean, and put games in English only why not give UK players the game first, release a seperate version in the other countries? How about a totally seperate version? It's frigging lazy that we have to have a blanket version with cut down manual to fit all the text in. It's totally cheap.
    Hve one ver for UK, one for Spain, one for Italy etc. Or give Americans the multinational version too! Make us all wait. Also I don't really think it's worth making us wait for say, a strategy heavy wargame or RPG to translate the fricking manual into a bazillion languages and still leave the actual game in English! Give every country a seperate version, and don't be so damn mean! Oh and while they are at it, why was the Spanish version (it did exist) of Pokemon incompatible with the English ver? How utterly dumb, so the massive Spanish/Mexican community in the US now are not allowed to trade with English speakers?

- Shimarisu

1. because the pros arent paid for sheets but per hour. they'd be dumb to do it quick.
    you cant count quality in - just look at the german version of v3. if there really would have been quality checks, someone would have seen that its completely messed up due to ascii/ansi issues.
    even the very first message you get when you dial in is messy.

2. the translation is NOW a factor to count in. but there was really no reason for them to delay v3 that much as they did other than publisher issues.

you have one point there. back in the NES times, even up to SNES, games were english by default. also here in germany. the first and only NES game that got translated was Maniac Mansion and costed 40% than normal btw.
    i still dont think there is real need for any version besides english.
    and for europe getting left out...
    remember animal crossing? they dont even released an UK variant. they just had to take around 1 week of work in account to change the holidays and voila. funny thing is, there is an australian version (correct me if i'm wrong) that is also in PAL, with australian holidays (which reminds me... i'll have to continue my search for an importer some day).

meh, i think i should have imported after all. but now its too late, like heck i will start new.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-12-18 02:49 ]</font>

Mercenary for Hire

I see your point Shimarisu, but releasing a seperate version for every language setting in the EU would cost too much. Even releasing the USA version converted to PAL for the UK would cost too much.
    There is however one solution for this. Drop all those goddamn languages and make English the European language, most of the EU people know that language anyway. And if they don't, LEARN IT!

We have the Euro so we can pay everywhere, now lets set a language, so we can talk everywhere.
    And English is the best option for that.
    And my god, would game releases come fast when that happens

On 2003-12-18 02:47, AppieDPC wrote:
    Drop all those goddamn languages and make English the European language, most of the EU people know that language anyway. And if they don't, LEARN IT!

We have the Euro so we can pay everywhere, now lets set a language, so we can talk everywhere.
    And English is the best option for that.
    And my god, would game releases come fast when that happens
    after that, drop the PAL/SECAM system. its nice and stuff, but come on, it didnt succeed. let it die already.
    but they'll never do that due to stupid things like pride and markets segretation (having DVD region code in mind).

On 2003-12-18 02:47, AppieDPC wrote :
    We have the Euro so we can pay everywhere
    You sure ? I'm French and live in the UK, and have to use two currencies, anyway... stupid English

And English is the best option for that
    Why wouldn't German or French be ?

And, yes what takes time to translate is the NTSC to PAL not the texts -- especially since the JP version of PSO is already multi-language (excludes Ep3).

I agree with Rena, and the French translation is awful, too >_< you'll never see me as "F"

And to put it in a simple way : releasing a game in a country before the other is against EU laws (yes, there are laws on video-games), although there can be issues not to release a game in a certain language (Italian, Greek) or in a certain country (some games reach Germany, for instance, and never reach France, for some odd reason).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-12-18 03:10 ]</font>