i was thinking that maybe a "good" time would be around a half an hour.

the best i've gotten so far was with a freind of mine who's a TA vet and two random jp players (who didn't know the map at all). it was either 52 or 54 mins.

what's your expert opinion and best time?

Personal best is 00'54'01. I've seen others with around 49 minutes. Barba Ray took a bit long, could have been 2 minutes faster easily from boss alone; I think around 50 minutes would be a good average time, perhaps 5-10 minutes faster with a good, experienced team. Time Attack? Yes probably around 30 minutes but I'm no TA expert

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2003-12-17 15:03 ]</font>

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

I'll be around soon maybe. See you jen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a decent, average time is around 50-55 minutes, and a decent TA time is around 40-45 minutes. These estimates may eventually change, but not by much. Barba Ray takes a rediculous amount of time to kill since you can't find any swords or partisans. Sabers, daggers, handguns, and rifles are NOT good weapons against him, but they're all you get. Forces also suck so far in e2c1. The enemies have higher resistances and HP, the stage is far too long, and FOs have far too few fluids. Not to mention that the enemies are preset, so there's no getting a lucky enemy-spawn map. Only a lucky fluid map. The lilies are also quite annoying, and droids are a much better choice in the long run. So far I'd say the best team would be either 3HU 1RA or 2HU 2RA (all droids), as long as you spread out. The stage itself was rather easy. The only real troublemaker is the fire traps and capture traps, which do a bit too much damage. Other than that, the team I played in had plenty of mates (I only used 1 Monomate up until the fight with Barba Ray). Surviving isn't the issue. Speed is the issue. And the only real thing to help with speed is better weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-12-17 21:37 ]</font>

The best time I have seen so far is 42 mins.
    Why did they have to make this the longest challenge yet! >.<

Best time would be when you find some Dim Handguns near the start. Byebye Hildebears
    Or at least a Shock Handgun - great against Belra's. Don't know about FO's... the only teams I've been in that cleared the stage had no FO in them. They always died to traps; but I'm sure this will go better once people know the map well.
    Best team would probably be 3 HUcast and 1 HUcaseal. RAcast/caseal if you want to play safe; you do need a handgun in some places; a HUcast can't use it until level 7. They do drop fairly often though so you can usually take that risk.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

On 2003-12-17 18:09, Mosaik wrote:
    I'll be around soon maybe. See you jen.
    ooooh, you should come back! it's been far too long. the fixed waves are sorta lame yea, but i'm still having a blast with eII cmode. you gotta at LEAST try it d!

Barba Ray takes a rediculous amount of time to kill since you can't find any swords or partisans. Sabers, daggers, handguns, and rifles are NOT good weapons against him, but they're all you get.
    actually, i don't think he's too bad. barba ray =/= de rol le. his head armour seems a LOT weaker than de's. i'd noticed this before in main game too while soloing. it was faster to kill him by kicking his head's ass than by kicking his body's ass. everyone always thought i was nuts. ::shrug::

So far I'd say the best team would be either 3HU 1RA or 2HU 2RA (all droids), as long as you spread out.
    agreed. i think that 3 HUcasel and 1 RAcast would probably be the best team. possibly 4 HUcl. but probably a RA to utilize things like dim and shock should they drop. HUct doesn't seem so important here, since ata seems to be the deciding factor on how fast things die in terms of HUcl v. HUct. and newmans and humans are a burden, period. imo, anyway. FOs might be useful in the later stages as support, but shifta 3 doesn't seem to make big of enough of a diff to neccesitate them now. what with the nerfed tech dmg and all.

The stage itself was rather easy. The only real troublemaker is the fire traps and capture traps, which do a bit too much damage.
    agreed, very easy once you get the basics down. the traps too become a non issue once you learn their locations.

i still haven't gotten a team who all know the map together yet. i do really think that 40 mins is totally doable since it seems like there's always a lot of time wasted in the area with the 4 color barries. that would probably go the fastest with 4 people who know the route. possibly even lower than that depending on wep quality.