Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've heard varying things about the Baranz Launcher.
    A) It only shoots four bullets
    B) The bullets are extremely slow
    C) The bullets have a very limited homing ability

Can someone verify these for me?

Second of all, I would like to know from people who have it and have used it if you consider it to be worthwhile in general, or if I would be better off with a non-rare Charge-special high hit% Shotgun-type.

Most people seem to like it, but I heard from someone whose opinion I value rather highly that it's really not worth it.

Comments, anyone?

I'm a Follower, I'm 0wned.

On 2003-12-18 18:16, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
    I've heard varying things about the Baranz Launcher.
    A) It only shoots four bullets
    B) The bullets are extremely slow
    C) The bullets have a very limited homing ability

Can someone verify these for me?

Second of all, I would like to know from people who have it and have used it if you consider it to be worthwhile in general, or if I would be better off with a non-rare Charge-special high hit% Shotgun-type.

Most people seem to like it, but I heard from someone whose opinion I value rather highly that it's really not worth it.

Comments, anyone?
    I honestly think its not worth it. Unless you have some extra cash you need to burn

I have found it (was long !) and I enjoyed it at first... Cash is not an issue to me, only on VJAYA

The three points you mention are absolutely accurate. Although the 4-target is compensated byt its tremendous power (do not underestimate Charge), but the lack of "homing" results in a high number of misses, and this weapon cannot have hit%. I soon went back to my S-RANK SHOT or even my METEOR SMASH (FINAL IMPACT is ugly on Terra, plus METEOR SMASH's special is better for her) which have similar ATA but hardly miss -- you could always add Berserk or Spirit to your S-RANK one.

On 2003-12-18 18:52, Kefka wrote:
    I have found it (was long !) and I enjoyed it at first... Cash is not an issue to me, only on VJAYA

The three points you mention are absolutely accurate. Although the 4-target is compensated byt its tremendous power (do not underestimate Charge), but the lack of "homing" results in a high number of misses, and this weapon cannot have hit%. I soon went back to my S-RANK SHOT or even my METEOR SMASH (FINAL IMPACT is ugly on Terra, plus METEOR SMASH's special is better for her) which have similar ATA but hardly miss -- you could always add Berserk or Spirit to your S-RANK one.
    Yeah, if I had online, which I don't.

My only viridia character is a L:35 RAcaseal, so I'm not expecting to find high hit% Impacts/Smashes anytime soon. 40 ATA isn't TOO bad, and I could hunt S-Red's Arms and either Luminous Field or Heaven Punisher at the same time, or I could do Greennill for B-Parts, Yas 3000R, NUG, and "moola".

So it's not like it would be the only good thing I could possibly get during the hunt. (btw this is first room soul of steel runs I'm referring to in the above paragraph)

Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire

I know i don't like it.
    Then again I wasn't even looking for part's of baranz when I found it. So I can't exactly say if looking for it is worth it.

Other than that its an ok launcher but not anywhere near the best.

all 3 of those 'varying things' are true, and the weapon, is indeed a piece of crap.

The bullets are in fact so slow, that many enemies can and will just outWALK them or even dodge.

the gun is bad. final impact is better, as are arms with hit%

Ok, thanks everyone, I'm not gonna waste my time on the Baranz Launcher. Guess I'll just stick with hunting Spread Needle.

Anything that goes BOOM is worth getting. Who cares if it's strong... it goes BOOM for goodness sakes !!!

Cosmetic benefits - definitely yes.

Gameplay benefits - definitely no. As you suggest, a high % hit charge arms is infinitely better.

charge arms with hit percent is defintly better, as you can go simple attack followed by 2 specials and hit easily. however, baranz launcher is defintly high caliber bling, and is something that is cool to show off.