Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

cheating. in... cmode?! WHAT?! WHY?! it just confounds me. WHY would you do that? what kind of a sucktastic crappy player would you have to be to need to be level 200 in cmode? what kind of "fun" could possibly be derrived from cmode when it is stripped of all CHALLENGE? THAT'S THE POINT! it's not called god mode or easy mode. it's fucking C.H.A.L.L.E.N.G.E. mode.

the point of it is to work together as a team, really learn the maps, and to refine your fighting skills to the point where you're not dying all the damn time. this is almost completely defeated by some jackass that waltzes in, kills a rappy, hits level 200 and proceeds to decimate everything before anyone else can touch it.

i played in an e2 c1 game last night with a HUmar (go figure) named Goldfinger. i was aware that he was going to be using the 200 cheat (he'd been doing it on a6 all day long), so my freind and i made new chars and joined the game with the intention of dying to highlight that cmode is a goddamn team endevor. i had a lot of fun roleplaying as a newb/n00b heh. saying, "!!!L0Lz!!!" after i died each time and suchlike. eventually, my freind beat me to the tombstone, and we got back to p2. we told him what was going on and that if he really wanted to cheat in cmode to stay the hell off a6 and do it in vega, or at the very least to lable his games as "lv. 200 "cmode"". from talking to him a bit, it's obvious that this dude is just an attention starved little kid, and i feel of two minds posting this information. on the one hand, it's feeding his purile shrivled little ego if it gets back to him. but, on the other, i think it's best that people know so that you can actively avoid him.

this is just shitty. now people who want an actual challenge in cmode are going to have to make games called, "e1 c1 LEGIT" which could send the wrong message. i'm at the point where i don't really care too much about what people do in main game in terms of cheating. and i don't mind playing cmode with people who cheat in main game as long as they're good cmode players or genuinely trying to learn. for instance, astropanties is a cheater in main game who's a lot better at cmode than i am.

but level 200 in cmode? give me a fucking break.

Word, bordering. Word.

Ada, the Elite.

Word indeed. I wonder what cheats are next...

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 200 cheat only work on Mothvist? Unless they've refined it since I last cared, there are only a couple Challenges in the whole game it would work on.

yea, you're wrong. i know for sure he was doing it earlier in c8 too (a freind of mine was in game with him). i didn't actually see what he killed to hit level 200, but it was in the first or second room. BEFORE any mothvisits.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

Ah. I guess some nerds came in and changed the code in the last month or so. They just weren't happy being able to get to 200 on Mothvist, they wanted to stink up Challenge with their filth.

*snickers*

And to think, at one time I had faith in the human race.

On 2003-12-22 11:29, Zarana wrote:
    Ah. I guess some nerds came in and changed the code in the last month or so. They just weren't happy being able to get to 200 on Mothvist, they wanted to stink up Challenge with their filth.

*snickers*

And to think, at one time I had faith in the human race.
    There are actually quite a few new level codes. Level 200 has at least 4 or 5 variations and there are many other codes that will yield varying levels (not 200.) The newer level 200 codes will level you after killing anything in F1. That said, it is incredibly lame to use in C-mode. My only thought is that people want quick and easy S-ranks, but whats the point of getting an S-rank yourself if you aren't willing to earn it? If you simply wanted an s-rank, you could just ask some duper for one. Why go through the trouble of doing c-mode?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-22 12:28 ]</font>

I like Fuego!!!

I completely agreed that cheating in cmode epitomizes lame. I just hope that no one ever figures out how to do it on the Xbox. If they have already, I hope I do do not run into them.

ya, i watched him level in c2 first room and in ep2 c1 first room. bord, i'm sorry i beat you to dying. hehe. i was trying to burn through mates and not having any armor mag or shield equipped made it easier. see lvl 200 code wont work if the other people arent willing to go along with it.

he seemed like a kid- on the one hand i felt bad about messing with him. on the other hand- i am overjoyed that i had a chance to frustrate him. just watch- hes gonna come back and pk ck us all!!!

its lame- and it was lame to see anyone go along with it.

"you would have had fast times" he says. i know how hard it is to get great times in cmode- it would cheapen the experience- im not the best at cmode- not by a long shot- but i still enjoy it immensely.

in my c8 game today, someone killed a c sorc and hit 200. pathetic

the even sadder thing is they didnt use resta (it was a fo), didnt know the map, and was just plain stupid.

noobs piss me off.