Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Illuminated

I feel like a lot of people on these forums have lost sight of the true history and meaning behind pso. In the past on the dc version there was hacking.. there was dupes.. Yet there was the opportunity to play legitly too.. So we have learned that there are two ways to play pso... whether you agree with it or not playing as a legit or dupe user is in the past, present and future of pso.. So why not play both?

I feel like I have the best of both worlds.. Not only do i play with dupes, some hacks, etc.. I also have totally legit chars..

I find something intriguing about both styles of play.. because of course they are 2 way different styles.. Sometimes im in the mood to KILL (so i use duped best weapons)... Sometimes im in the mood to hunt and character build (so i use my legit chars)..

This topic was not started to cause another ranting raving upheaval here on psoworld forums... This topic was started to give insight in to how fun it can be to play both ways..

So tell us.. what do you think is the best about each world? Once again plz no arguing.. Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one!.. keeping that in mind no arguing.. everyone is entitled to their opinion!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ILLI on 2003-12-17 10:59 ]</font>

Excellent Support Force
    Grove City College or the Suburbs of Pittsburgh

I have two-way play as well. While I have dupes, I don't use them online unless everyone else on the team is and I ask permission first. But most of the time I play legit. If I want to have a little fun I'll use some of my sick (non-hack but duped) weapons and staffs. I only do it if I am really bored. But my character's standard equipment is set up to be legit. I do know that my Prophets of Motav is duped, as well as my Sigh of a God. Other than that, the only dupes are mechguns. I can have fun either way. The dupes are mainly for offline when I'm trying to blitz levels for meseta recovery due to FSOD.

imho...
    dupes are artificial to the game. they weaken/changing the planned worth of the individual item. they're not intended to be in there.

for me usage of dupes show weakness, arrogance and ignorance towards the game.

i'm not ok with dupes. i'm ok with people who use them as long as they arent bothering me with it in any kind.
    you can be the best person in the world, i still gonna go and leave you to look for a normal game (normal like in the way this game was intended to be played).

peace.

Cursed J-Sword hunter

On 2003-12-17 10:54, ILLI wrote:
    I feel like a lot of people on these forums have lost sight of the true history and meaning behind pso. In the past on the dc version there was hacking.. there was dupes.. Yet there was the opportunity to play legitly too.. So we have learned that there are two ways to play pso... whether you agree with it or not playing as a legit or dupe user is in the past, present and future of pso.. So why not play both?

I feel like I have the best of both worlds.. Not only do i play with dupes, some hacks, etc.. I also have totally legit chars..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ILLI on 2003-12-17 10:59 ]</font>
    You're either all or none. If you say you're "partially legit" I know I would not accpet you as a legit player. Be a man and make a decision, even if it's the wrong decision its better than having no balls and trying to please everyone.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

The best part of the cheating world: You don't have to look for all those annoying Materials on every new character. That's a pain and a half, especially when you have as many characters as I do.

The best part of the legit world: Probably everything else.

On 2003-12-17 11:38, rena-ko wrote:
    imho...
    dupes are artificial to the game. they weaken/changing the planned worth of the individual item. they're not intended to be in there.

i'm not ok with dupes. i'm ok with people who use them as long as they arent bothering me with it in any kind.
    you can be the best person in the world, i still gonna go and leave you to look for a normal game (normal like in the way this game was intended to be played).

peace.
    can i get an amen!!!!!
    hallelujah rena!!!!
    the spud of knowledge has served you well. this post should be stickied

Mercenary for Hire

On 2003-12-17 13:19, ADE wrote:

You're either all or none. If you say you're "partially legit" I know I would not accpet you as a legit player. Be a man and make a decision, even if it's the wrong decision its better than having no balls and trying to please everyone.
    Hmmm making a choice on "fun"?
    It is like choosing between two different yet delicious meals. In the end you take a bit of both
    I play PSO both ways. And if mates want to play some legit. NP, let me grab one of my legit chars and off we go. All fun to me. I know you can't see that 50-50 picture ADE, because you like one side so much and totally hate the other one. NP just think of me as a cheater then

Could be yes, but we are not talking about n00b cheaters here. We are talking about people who play both ways. In other words people who have the skill of a legit player and the bank of duper. That makes an excellent player, because it is a player who knows how to use its dupes to their full potential.
    And won't die so often, supports the team etc.
    If you don't believe me, you should have see my HUnewearl in action back in the days

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-12-17 15:20 ]</font>

Illuminated

ou're either all or none. If you say you're "partially legit" I know I would not accpet you as a legit player. Be a man and make a decision, even if it's the wrong decision its better than having no balls and trying to please everyone.
    LOL.. ADE.. all i have to say is I am more a man then you are because i have the ability to see both sides.. your one sided thinking shows immaturity and a brain that hasn't developed fully emotionally... A MAN would have the ability to see both sides and understand..

your the last person im trying to please by the way.. i don't give two backs of sheeps azz whether you think im legit or not..

All i know is there are many people out there like me who play both ways.. The people who play both ways realize how fun this game can be playing either way..

I wanst really asking for you opinion ADE.. I was asking for what you think is the best thing about being legit.. so whats the best thing ADE?

You can't have the best of something that isn't good. Cheating may look good, smell good and sound good. But in the end it turns bad.
    Duping already totaly screwed over the trade system.
    ST has shown in the past (right DC veterans?) that they will ban or not release items because of duping/hacking. This means legit players will never be able to get the full load of what's there.
    I want no part whatsoever in ruining the game like that. So as far as I am concerned there is NO good in cheats, and you can't have 'the best of both worlds', as it isn't there.

On 2003-12-18 08:13, ILLI wrote:
    LOL.. ADE.. all i have to say is I am more a man then you are because i have the ability to see both sides.. your one sided thinking shows immaturity and a brain that hasn't developed fully emotionally... A MAN would have the ability to see both sides and understand..
    So you think ADE doesn't see the other side. I have no reason to think that. I also see both side, and have found only cheap thrills on the other side. Add to that the game ruining factor, and the conclusion is the same as his. Nothing immature about that.
    I have to admit ADE has quite a passionate way of saying it, that gives the impression of short sightedness. But to accuse him of emotional underdevelopment is a sign of similar intelectual underdevelopment.
    And what will the women around here think now? Being a MAN? What a poor choice of words. I wouldn't know what word to use, but ofcourse, I wouldn't have made a statement like ADEs in the first place.

Oops. Now I did get into an argument. But hey, it's not me that started responding to others opinions...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-12-18 08:43 ]</font>

no need to be on the other side to see it.

and for your interest, i used some hacks / common dupes on v2. i for my part know what i'm talking about.

i have the slight idea youre just trying to rectify it for yourself.

and for the thing about noob or not. read it like i wrote it: "you can be the best player in the world, i still will leave you and look for normal game". its my opinion. this thread is about opinions, not about flaming eachother.
    peace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-12-18 08:50 ]</font>