Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Heh... I'm at level 78, but I'll handicap myself so the game will be more equal. Heh... ^_^;; How to do so... set tech rules for myself, I guess. Just don't remind me I'm a HUmar when I'm there tomorrow. ^_^;;

Wanna limit yourself? Then join the PSONC!
    No mags, no weapons, no armor, no units. . .
    ALL GUTS, baby.
    Let it all hang out!

Heh heh I can just imagine if Sam Kinison was talking in the Lobbies. Its be nothing but Filters. heheh
    Gamertag: Vilanx

PSO Tease =O.o=;;

WOW, that's so cool...I prolly never woulda thought of playing the game as a family affair. Geez, I may want to borrow your brain if/when I have kids so I can get used to that sort of 'out of the box' thinking. ^_^

As an old history teacher told me oh so long ago, I swear like a truck driver. If I knew someone's whole family or, indeed, just a single 7- or 8-year old with decent ideals was watching and didn't appreciate my creative methods of getting around the filters, I would stop talking like that (by getting around the filters, I mean typing 'fuq' and 'shiit' and the like.) There is, I believe, a time and a place for swearing. Little children shouldn't be around at those times. I can still speak eloquently enough-I just choose to keep those words in my toolkit for when I might need them. Of course, that also means I'll need to think about what I'm gonna do about that when I eventually HAVE kids...

Online, though, with the swearing, the cheating, the 'gangbang the character just 'cause it LOOKS like a girl,' it's all a load of immature stupidity. If you bothered to go buy a GAMING system, and you bought a GAME to play on it, WTF you doing going on and acting like you're head of the local branch of the Crips!?!?!? All this behaviour, along with the 'R U A Girl?' detailed in another topic, just kinda turns you off to trying to find people in the lobbies; this defeats the purpose of the lobbies in the first place...

I haven't checked out the PSO World server much, but I probably will in the future. The unofficial Penny Arcade server used to be Miranda 1&2, but I've never found Gabe or Tycho on there, and there have just been more and more in the way of grandstanding baka attacking from every side. I've also noticed that if you go further and further up the server list, the number of people behaving like this goes down, and the number of people you can find who just wanna play and have fun goes up, albeit at a much lower ratio.

Again, WOW. That's a cool family activity. I wouldn't mind playing with the 'PSO Mommy' sometime myself...just, if you could, let people know your kids are watching and give them a chance to realize that for the moment at least life is 'G' rated. I'm sure people will understand, and will either try and find a better word to use, or perhaps you can find some people and go to a different lobby so you won't have to expose them to that for a little longer.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: opalexian on 2001-04-14 02:57 ]</font>

Hopefully Sega will just change the filter to change incoming messages instead of outgoing ones, and make it optional. Also an ignore feature woudn't hurt. That's something I can see myself using.

Well there is no rule on PSO about language so people do what they want when they what. You can say the same thing about the people who steal your stuff but does sega do anything...nope. I didn't know about the gameshark but some people space their words out and vulgarity gets through. I understand about the cussing and all but when you got PSO you should have had some idea what you were getting into. Personally I have no idea what the point is talking like that on a video game and that's why I don't bother talking much when I go. If they want to make comments like that, go ahead. And if they use a gameshark, well it just takes away value from their game. Sure they will still play it but it won't be as cool as if you were playing normal.