Hey all. I've just been working on some images because I'm slowly trying to learn how to use Paintshop Pro to color images. Heh, of course, they were all sketches I did on looseleaf or notebook paper, and probably the dumbest ones to color because of this, but I did them anyway.

On-topic, would it be alright if I post the before and after images just so I could get some comments and tips from you guys? Since neither image has to do with PSO, I could post in the Off-Topic forum if you want.

On 2004-01-26 21:46, Outrider wrote:
    Hey all. I've just been working on some images because I'm slowly trying to learn how to use Paintshop Pro to color images. Heh, of course, they were all sketches I did on looseleaf or notebook paper, and probably the dumbest ones to color because of this, but I did them anyway.

On-topic, would it be alright if I post the before and after images just so I could get some comments and tips from you guys? Since neither image has to do with PSO, I could post in the Off-Topic forum if you want.
    You are aloud to post them here, they'll just never end up in the fan art galleries of PSOW. Although to get pictures in there, i think you have to send it to the mods anyways.

It's funny you mention that, because I've tried my hardest, yet still haven't gotten my PSO fan art up on the site. Meh. Oh well.

Yeah, and I haven't asked at all and most of mine IS in the gallery...

On topic, I think it would be fine to post fanart for other things here, since you can post writings about other things here.

Ok, here are my images.

Pencils

Color Image

Pencils

Color Image

Just wondering what you guys think. Any tips on how to work on my coloring? I personally wanna go over the Samus picture again, and tone down the color (and definitely the lens flare. Ugh.) The images are .txt, so go to the link if you can't see txt files as images.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-01-27 12:35 ]</font>

You need to do a bit more work on your shading, but on the whole, those are nice.

those are some big swords, something looks off in that one.

Samus, not much to say on that one, though like you pointed out, the colors are a bit intense

Well, the first picture if a character for one of my comics. The swords are supposed to be ridiculously big... Also, with him I was going for the two-tone shading, instead of a steady blend.

With Samus, I started off thinking of doing the two-tone shading, but instead tried using the "burn" function. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a tool in Painshop Pro that can blend colors along a distance like Photopshop has. The problem with that image (if you look at the pencils) is I did a lot of cross-hatching and whatnot to try and make the pencil sketch look shaded. In other words, when I tried to clean it up to work with it on the computer, I had to get rid of pretty much everything but the basic lines and shapes.

Anymore comments?

nice you get a cookie for each