View Poll Results: Feel free to discuss how long you've been a victim... er, player of PSO. What you've enjoyed about

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I quit a long time ago!

1 1.79%
  • I just barely started?! O.o

2 3.57%
  • 6+ months!

8 14.29%
  • 1+ year!

7 12.50%
  • 1 1/2+ years!

6 10.71%
  • 2+ years!

2 3.57%
  • 2 1/2+ years!

4 7.14%
  • 3+ years!

18 32.14%
  • 3+ years and Episode 3!

8 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Feel free to discuss how long you've been a victim... er, player of PSO. What you've enjoyed about it. What you've hated about it. Et cetera.

I didn't want this to go in the topic post, since that's for the poll.

Today is an anniversary of sorts. It's been three years to the day since I started playing PSO. I remember buying my very first copy of PSO for the DC. I didn't know what to expect. I only bought the game just so I could have something to play online with a handful of friends. Who knew I would become instantly hooked, that it would become the game I play the most. And I still play it, though not as heavily as I once did. I recall when the addiction was at its worst. A short timeframe two years ago, about halfway through ver.2, when I'd spend so much time playing that I would literally fall asleep online. It's been a long time since that's happened. Ah, the good ol' days...

I know... Pretty sad huh? All in all it's been mostly a huge waste of my time, but it sure beats being bored out of my mind. And I owe it to PSO for introducing me to a lot of different people. I've met many strange and fascinating people both playing the game and discussing it here on PSOW. And in the game itself I have accomplished much in three years, but still have barely scratched the surface. In the end, I don't regret being addicted to PSO (much). It's kept me entertained in many ways and offered an outlet where I can both plug in and unplug. So there ya go. Hope everyone keeps the fun alive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-02-01 09:37 ]</font>

well includin dc i have been playing mor than 3 years but i dnt have ep3

I have had PSO for the Game Cube for atleast 2 or 3 years now. Sometimes I would stop playing for a period, but always I came back. This game definatly hits my all time favorites list.

When I got the game I was offline only... Now... I am still offline only. Atleast I have had some of my good friends get the game, and now a few o us have actualy made it to Ultimate without giving up and starting new characters or having corrupt data(Which is still very much a scary thought). I have been lucky enough to avoid such things, and becuase of this, and my free time of playing this game, I now have the best character between us.

I remember when I first got the game. I am using a different character then when I started, but it is still a great game. Not quite the same feeling of all the brand new and shiney stuff. Atleast I do get the occasional surprise, such as when I faught very hard Olga Flow yesterday with my friends. Low and behold, I was Flowen for a period of time. Even if we did not kill him, it was still fun to hang with friends and fight the forces of... Um, Gene corruptedness.

Well, there is that and when I remeber striking down my first booma... Or did the first booma strike me down? I think I was playing the game with my sister right from the start and ended up getting killed because I had never played before, and chose to play Multi-player. A very inexcperianced Force, and then me as a Hunter... Ahhh, those were the days.

Then there was my first Seceret Weapon, now there was a day to remember. It was me and my friends, we were in the caves. I am pretty sure it was that big room with the fire pit thing in the middle. Yes, it was there, inside of a box I think that we found our first DB Saber. Which I got to keep, and I think I may have it to this day... I wonder, doubt I could tell though.

over 3 years, I bought v1 when it was out in France and v2 when it was out in Japan, and v3 when it was out in France

and a total of approximately 5400 hours

Eeep. Only since March 03, and a total of 300 hours I think.
    Luke

Although I usually give a sarcastic comment in alot of threads, I have to say that its pretty cool to hear about everyone's first expereince with this game. Not to change the subject, but its similiar to my first D2 experience, which was the reason I didn't get into PSO the first time around. But now that I've been introduced to PSO, I really, really wish I would have started back on the DC. Sometimes I feel kinda outta place here because I didn't get to experience alot of the things that the veterans did (I better hit preview before the autorefresh kills my post lol)

Anyway, I really like this thread and I hope alot of people post in here (especially the true vets that played from the get go.) I am always quick to point out to people that this is just a game and that they shouldn't get so wrapped up in it, which is hypocritical considering my addiction to D2 years ago lol. Anyway, it will be great to hear about all the past expereinces that I missd out on.

BTW, I started playing March of last year.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-01 10:56 ]</font>

i've been playing off and on for a year or so... and think i get bored so easily is because i don't have anything worth while to hunt for because i'm a bluefull and i don't want to make another character and go through leveling him up again... anyways have to train for tennis season.

5400 hours... wow i wish i spent that much time playing tennis.

Offline Only Veteran

9 Months or so. April '03

hm, time flies! how many years have i been a victim to pso?
    i remember playing v1 half-heartedly offline & left it shortly for not understanding much..
    then my flames revived when v2 came out with improvements
    spent hundred of hours in offline only, but managed to get all 3 chars to beat ult falz
    i was very excited when ep2 came out, but curses to the neighborhood game stores, they didn't have any pso ep1+2
    took a couple of months, but i finally got my copy & the rest is in my sig
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?