Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remember in EVERY other Phantasy Star game when you tried to give a Monomate or Dimate or Trimate to an android it wouldnt work?

Why does it work now? Huh? Huh?!

(I have nothing better to do today than to dis androids )

The old bearded master says : "My Earth techniques are better than your pitiful Algolian ones! My medicine is so great, anything will benefit from its use! Now, grasshopper, take the meseta out of my hands!"

(OK, probably a better reason is because the FOcasts and FOcaseals were cut from the game. So, no android could perform any Skills to help their fellow bot. That means no Spark Skill to recharge. Plus, dividing the abilities would probably cause the androids to stop hanging with the organisms which goes against the cooperative teamplay PSO is about. So, viola!)

The old bearded master says : "Hush up, young Skee! And don't forget to paint my fence!! No left, right! Use up stroke, then down stroke!"

(H-hai, bearded-sama!)

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Skee on 2001-02-20 00:18 ]</font>

I'm sure medical technology in the PS universe has improved over the last thousand years. Also, I am all for androids who can't do techniques. Techniques are just spells plain and simple, and require certain psychic influences I'm sure the machine-made brain can't do.

-SSZ

Androids can use -mates now not because a medical break through, but a technological one. They have special tools that convert -mates to hull iron. Cool huh?

(And my friends ask me what I do at midnight: I post dumb replys ;-P )

Veteran Fighter

on a semi-related note, does anyone think that SEGA should have included Repair Kits as an additional android-only healing item to help balance the technique thing?

I think it would be cool if mono, di, and tri-mates WOULD NOT work on androids, and there were special android only repair kits. That way, you would have to carry healing items for both kinds of players.

I think that would show some serious fore-thought, from a team based perspective. You know your teammates are really looking out for you when they take the time to stock specialty items to help you.

• Well, the android in 4, his techniques seemed to be all technological, so androids could have had techs that were mechanical based. I rather dislike the fact that the ranger, the two hunters, and the forces all share the same techs. I'd rather they gave the hunters and ranger diff techs specific to them.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: TheGreatOni on 2001-02-20 01:43 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: TheGreatOni on 2001-02-20 01:44 ]</font>

Veteran Fighter

Well, it's an obvious comparison, but I'm betting they'll follow in step with Diablo 2. Diablo 1 had the class system that was VERY similar to PSOs (READ: non-existant). In Diablo 2 every class had very unique skills.

I still say Repair Kits should have been included. And TheGreatOni...that was my favorite character in every PS game...his name was Wren.

I really hope PSO2 will be like D2 in the skills/techniques way and I REALLY hope that Repair Kits will be included.

Biological creatures are so inefficient.

It does suck that the androids have no skills at all. In PS4 they at least had special weapons. I also think the HUcast should have had a slow self-repair (like HP/Restorate) without having to equip anything. He may have some great attributes, but those trimates sure run out quickly.