Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

I would go for one i played with that called himself Wait. Can you get more stupid.

I would go for one i played with that called himself Wait. Can you get more stupid.

guess I haven't played in a while, because I've never seen a "trunks" anywhere. But I was wondering were all these "vegeta's" were coming from! (I don't know DBZ at all, so I didn't know what that one was all about!)

I think anything from recent pop-culture is fairly unoriginal. I like to make names that are just interesting phonetically, or have some historical signifigance.

then again, I named my one and only character "Krunk" because his big racast ass looked about as smart as a bag of hammers. it seemed to fit, like sound effect.

[quote]
    On 2001-04-16 19:30, Draekkan wrote:
    Here's y list of names I've seen overplayed or overused:
    <IL>
    <LI>SSJ Trunks or Trunks
    <LI>SSJ Vegeta or Vegeta
    <LI>SSJ Goku or Goku
    <LI>Sephiroth
    <LI>Cloud
    <LI>Outlaw Star
    <LI>Neo
    <LI>Morpheus
    <LI>Seifer
    </IL>

Just to add to the list:
    Magus/Maximus/Magnus
    Omega
    Nei

BTW Watashiwa, my Humar spots a black costume and has black hair. Why is that lame? FYI 1. Im Asian(thus the Black/Greyish hair) 2. I like Black(rest of the colors are too geeky to be taken seriously, especially when Martial Arts/actual fighting are concerned IMHO) 3. Hes supposed to be the "serious type" of Samurai(Himura Kenshin/Heishirou Mitsurugi mix, thus the Orochi Agito and the numerous shortcuts I have for each and every slash/move in Kanji eg./including PB) 4. Im way over 400 hrs at least(not counting my other chars and those that got fried by nexus), so most probably the Black Humars you've seen with the Whitish/Greyish Bushido hair are kids that just got so impressed by my Samurai they just have to be something similar(j/k)

On 2001-04-16 19:07, AxemPunanny wrote:
    Somebody (I forget who) made post (I forget what on what page), saying something like using a name from other rpgs is unoriginal or bland. While I can understand this whole Sephiroth/Cloud business being unoriginal, I have a couple chars that are named from another rpg, Laguna:Lock and Heavenlyfire. Both names are actually from special moves not from characters from the game (Shining Force III). In fact these special moves are from 2 special items, which are not necessarily common, but aren't too rare. Although I wasn't 100% original on my part in naming my chars, I would say I am original with the choices I made.

I have nothing against using special moves as names for charaters, it's just the part about naming a character after a famous RPG character. I happen to love The Legend of Zelda for Nintendo, but if someone had shown up named Link or Zelda or whatever, I'd take my shoe off and beat them over the head with it.

__Does anyone know if there is a character named Freza in DBZ? Thats the name of my new character, and several people made comments about it being related to DBZ.__

One of the evil people is named Frieza... or Freeza... or something like that. It... it looks a bit like you were aiming for his name and misspelled it. Of course, everyone here knows better, right?

i think the dumbest name I've seen on PSO is Rapscallion.

wait a second...

I think the two most anoying name would have to be Core and Lmnopia....their everywhere...hahahah

I don't have any problem with people that use names from other sources. It just bugs me when it has no bearing on how they play their character. If you're going to name your character after someone, play like them. I could walk arounf in real life, calling myself George Bush, but unless I talk and look like him, people will think I'm just stupid. Actually now that I think about it, they'll think I'm stupid regardless, but for different reasons.

On 2001-04-18 11:31, Drake wrote:
    __Does anyone know if there is a character named Freza in DBZ? Thats the name of my new character, and several people made comments about it being related to DBZ.__

One of the evil people is named Frieza... or Freeza... or something like that. It... it looks a bit like you were aiming for his name and misspelled it. Of course, everyone here knows better, right?
    Hey thanks for the info Drake. After I put up my post, I did a search and I found out that there is a character named Freza in DBZ, only it is spelled Freeza. Damn . And I though I was being original. Haha. Its kind of a nickname in real life, but oh well. Anyways, I suicided that char and made a new one, with a totally original name.