Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunters Licence

you can order a hunters licence with both games of course. and you can use the same HL-data for both together.

so if you have ep1-2 use the same numbers like in that game. if ep3 is the first pso game on cube for you, just use the data you get with the game to initialize a new HL.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

If you have an existing HL are you all set to go? Or do you have to pay additional money on top of your previous HL to play Ep3?

If you have a HL as of right now, you are good to go.

Zaneatron:

Actually, here in Europe PSOX is on a monthly subscription. And why would they need to share servers? As long as the payment from my credit card goes to the same place, there is no technical reason why they couldn't link my account to two different games, even if they're on different platforms.

So no, my question wasn't silly.

Now, it is of course possible that payments are not made to the same company, but for instance Microsoft in one case and Nintendo in the other. If so, a cross-platform license seems unlikely. I just don't know if that's the case here.

Through the Fire and Flames

well if they shared servers, as in GC and Xbox users played on the same servers i could see it happening, and that is the reason. Sega run the GC servers, whereas Microsoft run the Xbox servers. seeing your playing on 2 seperate sets of servers you have to play 2 fees, seeing they both need maintenance. if GC and Xbox operated on the same servers, the current fee is likely to be larger, due to more people on them. another problem is that you cant play with people in the US or Japen, where as we can. which im sure would make such a task a sharing the servers very difficult indeed.

On 2004-02-26 04:51, rena-ko wrote:
    you can order a hunters licence with both games of course. and you can use the same HL-data for both together.

so if you have ep1-2 use the same numbers like in that game. if ep3 is the first pso game on cube for you, just use the data you get with the game to initialize a new HL.
    so for clarity (for slow people like me), u don't get the free month for PSO3, correct??

Twilight's Assassin

You do (if there is one) if you sign up for a new HL using the Serial key and access code(ugh serial code and access key? I cant remember the order) from your Episode III book.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2004-03-02 22:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2004-03-02 22:34 ]</font>

On 2004-03-02 22:31, Zolpner wrote:
    You do (if there is one) if you sign up for a new HL using the Serial key and access code(ugh serial code and access key? I cant remember the order) from your Episode III box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2004-03-02 22:33 ]</font>
    oh, but i already have an existing ep 1 n 2 HL

Twilight's Assassin

yea, you could always cancel it and resign up using the Epi III one (if you want.. its still compatible with EPi 1&2 I believe)

On 2004-03-02 22:36, Zolpner wrote:
    yea, you could always cancel it and resign up using the Epi III one (if you want.. its still compatible with EPi 1&2 I believe)
    hrm...but i don't think u can save more than one serial #/access code to a memory card...tho i could be wrong...but if that's the case, then current PSO players who want to use eps 1,2, n 3 on the same card can't use the free month for ep 3