Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    The Original Bullet Magnet

On 2004-02-26 12:16, mr_rubbish wrote:
    The problem with a space pirate story is that the hunters would never even get to fight any of them unless they were pilots.
    Can you imagine pirates even DARING to dock with P2 considering its population of weapon wielding nutjobs?
    who is to say that the aliens aren't crazy bastards?

The "aliens pirates" are the people who put Falz in the ship and sent him to Ragol. (read RRR's recordings & crystal thingies in the ruins) While they are stealing, harassing, and raiding from the Pioneer population, they are really just trying to get the humans away from the planet by scaring them off. But soon the reason is forgotten, and it's all out wAR BABY chica,chica,chica!!! And in the end, I dunno, you could have the aliens obliberate the people of Pioneer 2, or they could make peace, or the people of Pioneer 2 could obliberate the aliens, then wind up getting themselves by the immortal spirit of Falz.
    i gotta say thats kinda a good idea. to deal with rubbish's point that it would be hard to fight off the aliens unless everyone were pilots, you could have an alien captial ship turn up and start bombarding pioneer. then you could have a crack team of hunters boarding the alien vessel and trying to blow it up. or something like that.

PEACE!!!

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

or we could just do it like halo...

On 2004-02-26 14:16, BOC wrote:
    i gotta say thats kinda a good idea. to deal with rubbish's point that it would be hard to fight off the aliens unless everyone were pilots, you could have an alien captial ship turn up and start bombarding pioneer. then you could have a crack team of hunters boarding the alien vessel and trying to blow it up. or something like that.

PEACE!!!
    about that point, wouldn't Pioneer 2 have people on the ship already trained for that? I mean, it's a ship, and people are going to know how to fly it in order to be able to, well, fly it! I mean, if they were to almost hit a merteor, what are they gonna do, make a bunch of hunters hack it to peices? NO! They are going to blast it to smithreens using some Sci-Fi type laser cannon! Also, with the technology they have, we could put it in the story that the pilots use game controllers to work their ships, thus even a hunter could figure it out easily. Don't foget simulations either, the army uses those too, you can learn extremely quick with one of those. Another thing, they are going on a nearly uncharted planet, they're going to need something incase some civilization is there! I mean, don't you find it ironic that this world could support an advanced civilization, but there is none? I think the civilization idea has been tried already though. Though my point is, the Pioneer people probably suspected some sort of civilization, so just in case, it would make sense to put weapons on the ship with trained pilots. One last thing, I doubt hunters were needed until Ragol showed up, so most hunters are probably just people who quit there jobs anyways, so a ton of hunters could actually be pilots.

Creator Of Worlds

Yeah but can this sort of this be worked into a story with a start, middle and end?

mr_rubbish, you would be surprised the things that can be twisted to form a very nice beginning, middle, and end.

Creator Of Worlds

What i'm trying to say (but not doing a good job) is that there needs to be a structured story where people have ideas of goals.
    Otherwise it will overrun, end too quickly or lose direction.
    There has to be a series of fights events so that people will always have something to do or go to.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2004-02-26 14:20, KaFKa wrote:
    or we could just do it like halo...
    Instead of blowing up P2, by destroying Falz, Ragol explodes!

"Nothing but dust and echoes..."

And the Coralians become disilusioned, blah blah, fight scenes, blah blah, and they find a new planet!

Called.... Laroc!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-02-26 16:01 ]</font>

On 2004-02-26 15:12, mr_rubbish wrote:
    What i'm trying to say (but not doing a good job) is that there needs to be a structured story where people have ideas of goals.
    Otherwise it will overrun, end too quickly or lose direction.
    There has to be a series of fights events so that people will always have something to do or go to.
    okay, I'll put it similar to what you did:

Prologue: Captain introduces the whole "People quit jobs and become hunter"
    Beginning: Character intro and alien attack
    Middle: The war rages on (specific battles)
    End: one side wins, peace, all die
    Epilogue: ending on a larger scale, also done by Captain

Wielder of Divine Might

When this starts, I have a feeling I'll be doing an expanded universe addition to my fiction series.

Something you guys might want to think about. Angelus Manor is completely avaliable for use if you guys feel like you need somewhere to call a base of operations or a really cool hang out. It's quite defensible, large, and if I'm not going to being doing this officially connected to my fiction I can have it do all sorts of cool things that I was thinking about doing.

It could be on Ragol, somewhere near the mountains, and it would be on a shaft leading down into a segment of the mines, but not the mines you explore in Ep1. They would be a separe It would also be large enough to house a garrison of maybe 40 armed soldiers. This place was designed to be an emergency HQ for the Pioneer Project if anything happened so it's pretty much got everything you'd want.

Besides the house itself there would be several expansion pieces that were in storage on P2 that would make it more of a military base. Of course, the Angelus family isn't so highly thought of by the government at this juncture, so they'd be locked down. There could be something the heros do to get into the storage facility and activate the teleporters to beam the pieces down to the surface.

Of course, if this happens at the period where the Manor is still on P2, we could think of something else. I'm pretty big on the conspiracy of the government/military, and I have a few ideas you guys might like. If any of you guys have heard of the Excelsior Project, you know what I mean.

That could be something that happens during the main plot. I'd have to think about the stage Davion would be in at this time. What's the timeline we're looking at? How long after the central dome explosion?

This discussion could go on forever...

Actually, when you think about it, PSO's plot isn't too different from Halo's.

1: Big ship full of people running away from something
    Halo: Running from Covenant
    PSO: Running from armageddon
    2: Land on a completely new planet/ringworld
    Halo: Shot down by Covenant armada
    PSO: Colony destroyed on arrival
    3: While searching for something, they uncover something much worse than they imagined
    Halo: The flood
    PSO: Dark Falz + the D-factor

Maybe a Halo-PSO cross? The covenant wouldn't be vastly out of place in PSO, and a huge ship-wide battle would be very interesting and challenging to write about. Maybe Ragol WASN'T P2's intended destination? I think it would be a fun idea.