Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2004/022404c.html
    I guess this might mean no more Phantasy Star games!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DolmolmKing on 2004-02-25 04:51 ]</font>

this means nothing.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Stupid RPGamer >.< Making huge assumptions again.

Not to mention they don't even know the release date of Episode 3 in North America, which is about a week away now?

Yeah, the real problem is that they're saying Sonic Team won't make any more Phantasy Star titles. There are two flaws in this statement:

1. Yojira Ogawa said they have no plans for more Phantasy Star games, which does not indicate a close for the series, only a hiatus.

2. Sonic Team does not own the franchise, so it doesn't matter even if Senor Ogawa DID say that Sonic Team would never make another Phantasy Star game again-- If a true RPG-style Phantasy Star game were made, Sega would be far more likely to go with whichever team Overworks merged with, as Overworks was the team that developed Phantasy Star 4, and also largely consisted of the staff that worked on the original Phantasy Star, as well as Phantasy Star 2. It's (gasp) the major RPG-producing team within Sega.

Urg.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

And I thought Yuji Naka was the owner of the franchise... I thought I was hitting it off!

Hmmm ok what exactly is this suppose to say again to me all it says is that we have no plans to make another game. I could have sworn i heard the same thing after metal Gear 2 Sons Of Liberty,007 Golden Eye and they said that wind waker was going to be the last Zelda game for this console generation,but now they are already working on another one *before someone ask where did i hear this check inside of the previous GMR .

On 2004-02-25 11:39, eXo wrote:
    Hmmm ok what exactly is this suppose to say again to me all it says is that we have no plans to make another game. I could have sworn i heard the same thing after ... 007 Golden Eye ...
    They probably should've STOPPED there...

Heh, sorry... 007 propeganda just doesn't ooze my personal favorite sort of cheesiness...

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Look at tomb rader, mega man and crash bandicoot. If anyone says a game is burned out, it just means they will only make about 12 more in the series (for better or [more likely] worse).

exactly you both understand what im saying and yes after 007 goldeneye it really was all downhill from there

No matter what people are saying, there most likely will be another PSO. Sega probably makes bucketloads of money off of it, so they would be stupid not to do another sequel to it.

Only if a series sells crappily will it meet its doom. Shenmues final installment may not ever be released and that is a pity since Shenmue is one of the best series I have ever played... and Shenmue II's ending was one hell of a cliffhanger.