Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formal Dress

Mag Farmer

I'm going to a very formal party in about 4 weeks, mid march, and toward the beginning of the week was very worried about find a dress for this party. I already owned a few dress, but my father, who im attending the party with, insisted i buy a new dress. After spending just about all this week searching for a dress, i finally found a dress that would work for such an occasion.

What i'll essentially end up doing is doing a cosplay of a FOmarl. I have a friend of mine who is a dress designer and she has told me that if given a week or two, she could recreate a FOmarl costume to fit me for this occasion.

Interestingly enough, i've been to this formal event several times in the past, and sometimes it's not really simple, if thats the best way to say it. Usually people get very dressed up, and so just going in a simple evening gown like i have for the past 12 years is dull. Going in a FOmarl dress was kinda a spur of the moment sorta thing, since when trying to find a dress, that was over 300 dollars was just stupid. My doesn't know or care about it, as long as i look beautiful, and according to my friend who's making this dress, she says im going to do just that.

This event is for European hotel owners, its more of a ball instead of a party i guess. My dad and I own a large hotel, 2000+ rooms, 2 resturants, 5 ball rooms. Imagine a really nice Hilton Hotel in the states, is the best way i can describe it. We only own the one hotel since, but were invited every year because out of tradition. Were not like other people who own several hotels or chains of them, but were welcomed each time. It's usually a very rich kinda snobby group of people who come, and they always dress overly fancy. It's scary to a teen, well 20 year old, like myself, who's used to low key kinda formals. This ball it's self is very popular and since it's only once a year, people want to really show off their worth, so it's a night when if your lucky, you won't get blinded by the reflection of other women's jewelry hitting the lights. Me dressing of as a FOmarl probably won't see out of the norm. Also not im not going to use the Shinny fabric, my friend is using stuff that isn't shiny and quality materials for this costume, she's got a nack for bring out all the details in stuff, she's done some cosplay costume before.

i've got really short dirty blond hair, and I'm pretty slim and athletically built. I have a picture of me on my Yahoo Profile which you can get to from the PSOW profile. I'm not really much of a girly girl, I'm sorta like a tomboy, that just not phyiscal. I wear dresses, blouses, and skirts too, don't get me wrong, but im not in to heavy make up, getting my hair done, or reading the latest magazine about dating or such. Which is probably why I play PSO, cause if you think about it, not a lot of girls play online games.

I'd like to know what you think of going as a FOmarl to this party?

Actually, 60% of people who play online games are female.

If you want to dress as a FOmarl, go ahead, though, cosplay does seem a tad informal for such an occasion. Also, if you do decide to go in the costume, some people here would probably want pictures of you wearing it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Well, if it's really FOrmal I think you shouldn't dress yourself up as a FOmarl, as cute as that may look.

I mean, imagine myself going to an college dinner, with everybody using tuxedos, napkins on their chest pocket and hairgel.

And then I show up as a HUmar in the yellow suit.

But on the other hand, if you say that it's a fashion ball, then it's your choice. I was never a fan of an extreme fashion meeting, so you'll do better than I would, whatever you choose to wear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2004-02-26 03:24 ]</font>

Through the Fire and Flames

heh heh, fomarl would be cool, are you going to wear a hat as well though? that would be quite extreme, in some cases (there be weird hats), or not so extreme in others (some not so weird hats).

just dont go in a bright, bright costume, otherwise people might get weirded out, it all depends really. go with your heart, though, as they say. it should make you feel happy to wear.

btw, where is thie being held?

a mag farmer eh? i could have some work for you

On 2004-02-26 03:20, New Ultimate wrote:

I mean, imagine myself going to an college dinner, with everybody using tuxedos, napkins on their chest pocket and hairgel.

And then I show up as a HUmar in the yellow suit.

OMFG YOU R TEH FUNNY GUY ON PSOW! Meh~!

Mag Farmer

im gonna go for the First blue color, it's prehaps a little detailed, but blue matchs well in a setting. TRUST ME, going dressed like FOmarl, won't stand out. And i dont plan on wearing the hat either, since, they do look wierd.

That sounds pretty cool. Let us know how it ends up.

And New Ultimate, about wearing a HUmar costume to a party... is that a challenge?

I'd rather wear a FOmar's robe (preferrably like the one my character has, and that headband is cool, too ) than a HUmar's suit.

But if I were to do that, I'd probably have SorceressOfTime chasing me around.

>_>
    <_<

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

On 2004-02-26 11:24, Outrider wrote:
    And New Ultimate, about wearing a HUmar costume to a party... is that a challenge?
    I dare ask you to do that. And to take a shot and show it on PSOW's RL PIC section.

Honestly.

OMFG YOU R TEH FUNNY GUY ON PSOW! Meh~!
    I wasn't even trying, but thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2004-02-26 15:33 ]</font>

So happily unsatisfied

I think that idea is really original. Very creative, and it's actually pretty formal because the dress they wear are pretty formal (considering they are out there fighting monsters). It should be very interesting to go there. Take a picture of you there in the dress, because I kind of want to see what one of those rich people parties look like. Oh and I also want to see what the dress ends up looking like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-02-26 18:12 ]</font>