Since episode 3 is less spontaneous than episodes 1&2, (as it is controlled movement, rather than real-time) does the dial-up modem adapter work well with this game?

Nintendo says that the speed difference of the broadband and modem adapters is not noticeable because of the GCN's processing power.

I've missed out of a lot of PSO 1&2 and I'm not missing the online action in 3! It's just, I have AOL broadband, but with a free ISP and the modem adapter, I could suffice I think. Unless of course, someone has figured out how to get online with AOL by now. ^-^

Special Agent

in PSO I & II connection speed hardly mattered; i have Broadband(Cable) and when i joined the games created by people with really really slow connection the only difference it made was that it took a bit longer to join, and there was a delay for picking up items.

in PSO3 you shouldn't notice any difference except it might take longer to connect, and online quests/downloadable quest might take a bit longer. for regular play there shouldn't be any difference.

AOL is something completely different, tho.

as for free ISPs, i don't know much about them, but i've heard some people had problems connecting with them, but don't rely on me for info on free ISPs.

On 2004-03-02 14:53, Mr_Special wrote:

AOL is something completely different, tho.
    I know, they use a different way to log in. Something called a "unique IP" It changes each time you long in.

Special Agent

its more than just that.

AOL is on its own plane of existance. but not a good plane, more like a man-made ISP hell.

Help me, I'm stuck in AOHell lol

Dial up and EpIII, I know the game was hardly affected with it. I didnt use it mind you, but I know ppl who had it entered the game just as fast as the BB user, and they said it worked fine (better then EpI&II)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Linkooseven on 2004-03-02 17:56 ]</font>

Twilight's Assassin

The only real (it would seem) difference is that the Modem adaptor only works in the places listed on the back of the PSO box, and not in.. New Zealand for instance...

That's not actually true. As long as you have the proper dial-up username, password and phone number information, you should be able to get online.

Twilight's Assassin

not according to the PSO box. But it would probably be pretty hard to moniter, as if they block the dial up IPs (NZ are like 202.ect.ect.ect) you would also be blocking the aDSL ones, oh well im on aDSL now anyway .

Will PSO3 use the same network info file as ep1&2?
    PC/PS2: Lisa
    5th best MAG1 Time Attack party - No:1 Female Beast

(I'm just to proud of my self for that. x_x)