Ok...i know i'm going to get the Japanese version of pso v2 in late May no matter what cause i'm not going to wait over the summer to get the American version!

So..i just need to get things clear about Pso v2:
    1) I know i can't import my characters from US PSOv1, so IT IS possible to start an entirely new character on version 2, even though that means you have to start at lvl 1 and build all the way up to lvl 200, right?
    2) PSO V2 isn't just an add-on..but everything PSO v1 had plus more?
    3) when i play online, will i be able to still play wit my PSO v1 friends?
    4) i can change the language setting for version 2 just like version 1, right?

if everything i asked here is true, then i'm gonna definitely get the japanese version of psov2 cause i'm not gonna freekin wait for it till Fall, when i can play it over the summer!
    and if anyone knows a good place to preorder/buy import dreamcast games... please give me some..i know some places already but i want to check around. And peeps!!! get the japanese pso v2, i dont' want to be one of the few americans to be playin it over the summer!!!

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

1. Yeah, but you can't do ultimate mode untill level you get to 100. Think as PSO Version 2 as two games. One of them is exactly the same as Version 1. The other, ultimate mode has the new features. So essentailly, it would just be like playing version 1 (with fixed bugs and stuff) untill you got to level 100.
    2. Yes'm
    3. Yeah, but you will be stuck playing the orginal Version 1 mode. You might also be forced to use old weapons and mags.
    4.Yes'm

I think it will come out in May if they go for a worldwide release, but June is most probable.

hey thanx glider..thanx for the info..now i'm gonna definitely get it...
    well, ofcourse..yeah..the release date is going to be delayed, like always... but at least i can get it in the summer so i can play it then...you know...if i get the American version..then i would probably have to wait till winter probably to get it..and i don't really have much time to play pso while i'm at school..hehehe

thanx man

hmm , isnt PSO v2 an append disc, or sort of an expansion pack, doesnt PSOv2 require PSO v1 to play?

No, that would be impossible since Dreamcast doesn't have a hard drive. They could make it so you would have to put Version 1 in to boot it up, but that would just be stupid to make someone buy two of the same game.

hey...got some more questions!!!
    1) what's this thing called the HUNTER's LICENSE?? do you need it to play import dreamcast games online??

2) would psov2 have a new serial number you can use or do you have to use the psov1 serial number?? would the japanese psov2 still be compatible with my dreamcast if i have a american pso serial number???

thanx for your help, thanx to watashiwa, i found a place to pre-order version 2.
    thanx for your help

You *need* the Hunter's license to play the import version of PSO (Either v1 or v2) online. There's no getting around it. It costs $10.00 for 90 days of hunting. You pay every 90 days or so.

As for the serial number, PSO v2 will have it's own serial number . . Regardless of if you have v1 or not. When you attempt to load your v1 characters created with a v1 serial number, it will possibly prompt you for the original number to convert their serials to the new number. When you're online PSO v2 will successfully perform the transaction from old serial number to new serial number on the server side. This is my theory and the only real logical one I came up with. I'm also quite certain that your American serial will not be compatible with any verison of the import . . PSOv1 or PSOv2 . . So, you're just gunna have to bite the bullet and make a new character.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

hey thanx man...yeah..i'm not looking forward to playing wit my old psov1 anymore anyways...now that i'm gonna get my psov2 soon. as for my old characters...whatever... i'm kind of tired of them by now anyways.. oh yeah...do they have new characters to pick from in psov2?? or just different characteristics of the same character??

No, there arn't any new costumes.

Glider, are you sure about that? I read elsewhere that there will be new costumes, just not new classes. There will certainly be new costumes, I believe.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.