Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Since it's that time for high school seniors to start receiving college acceptance responses, I was wondering what colleges some of you may have gotten accepted to attend.

My girlfriend just received accepted enrollment from UCLA, UCD, and UC Irvine.

She is awaiting responses from UCSD, UCB, and UCSB.

out of 49,000 applying freshman, she was one of 3,900 that got accepted for the fall 2004 semester at UCLA. She was very ecstatic, and I'm extremely proud of her. I love her so much.

I only plan on applying to 2.

Alvernia and Penn State Schuylkill.

Should get in to both, not sure what one I am gonna go to.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

I'll probably apply early to about 10 colleges. I plan on applying to MIT, Caltech, UTD, UT, Texas A & M, Berkeley, and probably some other ones.

So happily unsatisfied

When I applied back a couple years ago, I pretty much went all out and applyed to A LOT of places.

ACCEPTED
    Rice University (Where I ended up going)
    University of Texas at Austin
    Texas A&M University at College Station
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Georgia Tech
    Carnegie Mellon University
    Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
    Purdue University
    University of California at Berkeley
    Rochester Institute of Technology
    University of Texas - Pan American (PoS school, but our school required everyone to apply here since it was local)

WAITLISTED
    California Institute of Technology (Wow, I was expecting to get smacked hard by CalTech)
    University of Michigan at Ann Arbor (WTF...can you say racial quota?)

REJECTED
    MIT (Eh...was expected)
    Stanford (Read above)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-03-16 19:01 ]</font>

Master of the Free World

screw college im going to sixth form where i will study history, maths, chemistry and biology

Through the Fire and Flames

College is what they call University in the US, goku, and College in the UK is high school in the US.

and college is much better anyway, you dont have to put up with little fucktards always questioning your authority, and what your "beef" is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-03-16 12:39 ]</font>

At first, I only applied to two state schools. I was gonna go apply to other schools, but then I got into the SUNYs. So I just went "meh" to the entire thing and picked one of them.

Yeah, I uh... didn't really do my best at trying to find the right college for me.

I sometimes hate my school... why the &$@^# is it snowing!?

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Me being incredibly optimistic, I applied for one college. I did early acceptance to UF (university of florida) and got in.

I probably could've gotten into a diff. school but, hey, UF is the best public university in florida.

HAHAHAHHA!

Eh. I'm just going to the local community college. I didn't bother to apply anywhere, what the hell is the point? California kept me in shitty alternative schools from 5th grade to Senior year that I only got out of because we moved out of state. Got mostly Bs and Cs and a few Ds. Didn't give a shit. You can only read the same 10-year out of date textbook so many times before you come to the conclusion that school is an utter bullshit waste of time. I only got a 1380 on the SAT anyway, so feh. Miserable 620 on math and only 760 on verbal. Grr. And I got a B in chorus senior year to contrast the rest of the As I got that year because my teacher hated me. -_-; Yeah, fuck that. Who gives a shit anyway?

And you're just as likely to have teachers stupider than you anyhow. I got stuck in two classes this semester that aren't in any way related to my major because I didn't declare it until after they gave them to me. One of them the teacher is an absolute moron. She has to look at the book to answer questions and she's just plain nasty. I'm gonna fail the class unless I drop it because 1: I don't give a flying fuck about Microsoft Access, and am thus horribly behind. and 2: Since I don't care, I don't bother to waste the brainpower to figure out what the hell the poorly-written textbook wants me to do. I don't bother asking questions, because the teacher is an idiot and also as I mentioned, nasty and rude. So screw it. The utterly sad thing is that if I actually CARED, I could probably learn more about this in a week than she knows and run rings around her. But I don't. So hell on it.

Can you tell I'm a bit jaded on the education system? Just a little.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I got accepted at the only place my mom actually sent the application I spent hours filling out to: the Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg. I'll be going there in October, and majoring in Video Game Art and Design.