Before I start, let me say that I am a Purplenum Fomar, so this limits certain things here. About Agito: You may know that every Agito but the real version can be equiped to a FOmar, so right now I am hunting for the slightly weaker 1991 Agito in Seabed on Vhard. But in the future I can find the 1983 Agito from Zol Gibbon on Ultimate. According to the stats, the 1983 Version is the most powerful of the Agitos, second only to the real version. But, I noticed it says "200-500." Does this mean that, when I equip a 1983 Agito, its ATP can range anywhere between those, and only has the potential to boost 500 ATP? If so, than I should use another character to the find the 1977 Version, which says "460-470," and will guaruntee me a high ATP rating. Is my assessment correct, or does the 200-500 ATP mean something different? Thanks for any assisstance, happy hunting!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2004-03-22 18:13 ]</font>

The 200-500 does mean that the weapon adds a very random amount of ATP to your attacks.

Example:
    Attack 1: Weapon adds 436 ATP
    Attack 2: Weapon adds 200 ATP
    Attack 3: Weapon adds 500 ATP

The xxx-xxx is a variable, meaning that some weapons do consistant damage (like the Demo Comet) {note that consistant isn't always the same number, it can still vary by a few points}.

Okay, thanks. So, since it only fluxuates when I attack, not when it's equipped, should I still hunt for a 1983 or find the more consistent 1977 version? I'm still considering both, for the grind is very high on 1983 and the 1977... I'm starting to sway towards 1977 though, for its consistency, although I need to find it with another character.

Or maybe the 1983... I like the variety, it could add a fun touch to melee fighting with my FOmar... And the grind, for which I own enough grinders, makes it 290-590, which is a better ratio... Compared, then again, to 550-560... hmm... Both are exceptional - yeah, i'm thinking aloud again ^_^ (well... in type at least)

Hmm... Yeah, I think i'll go 1983. Like I said, it adds some variety to melee fighting, and since I can use my FOmar to find it for my FOmar, it will be my own legitimate blade, instead of having one of my hunters of different section IDs find it and hand it to my FOmar. Oh well, still thinking aloud, hehe. Any comments are still welcome ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2004-03-22 18:17 ]</font>

i think you are misunderstanding. It isn't like every attack it chooses a random amount from 200-500. It is when you find it, there is a random choice from 200-500 and it always adds that once you have found it.

The 200-500 does mean that the weapon adds a very random amount of ATP to your attacks.

Example:
    Attack 1: Weapon adds 436 ATP
    Attack 2: Weapon adds 200 ATP
    Attack 3: Weapon adds 500 ATP

The xxx-xxx is a variable, meaning that some weapons do consistant damage (like the Demo Comet) {note that consistant isn't always the same number, it can still vary by a few points}.
    That contradicts what you just posted... Which one is it?

I am fairly sure I am right but it is possible I'm wrong.

On 2004-03-22 17:31, magicmage119 wrote:
    i think you are misunderstanding. It isn't like every attack it chooses a random amount from 200-500. It is when you find it, there is a random choice from 200-500 and it always adds that once you have found it.
    No, all of the same weapon are the same (given they have the same grind). Each attack adds a different value in that range.

If it did work how you said it, why wouldn't each say its exact ATP value? Also, how would you explain the serious range of damage with certain weapons verse a consistant damage from items that have no range (such as say a Double Saber has a much higher range of damage than a Demo Comet)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-03-22 18:01 ]</font>