Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Looks pretty cool to me. I still haven't played the original Phantasy Star games... however, I'm always tempted to get the PS Collection on GBA for $20...

The Navinator is Banned

Same here, what games are on it? PS 1-3?

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

On the GBA version of the "Phantasy Star Collection" there are three games. Phantasy Star I, II, & III. The new Sega Ages remakes will cover games I, II, and IV. I don't know why they're skipping over III, since it probably needs the most re-work out of the entire series. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it misses the potential to be a GREAT game in compairison to the rest of the series.

As for the fanboyism... get over it. It was bound to happen sometime. Just like it happened with the Atari and Colecovision before them. Everyone has their favorite game maker.. but that doesn't mean you can't, or shouldn't, enjoy other games on other consoles. I own all of them.. DC, PS2, NGC, and Xbox.. and honestly, I like them all. They all have games on them that I love to play and am glad I didn't miss out on. Dreamcast is still my favorite.. but I'm not going to ignore what Sony or Microsoft are offering just because I like Sega.

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2004-03-27 19:25, Cheep wrote:
    I thought gameboy had the best sales. Or does it count as a console? I'm still confused. Why would they make a 2d game for the ps2?! Will your sword still be one giant pixel?
    Gameboy is counted as a Handheld Games Console, so is in a different genre from all the other consoles. And there not exactly making a new 2D for the PS2, the just upgrading an old 2D game to the PS2. Its basically the same as how Nintendo keep porting shinier versions of old games to the GBA.

Huh, so they're making a Sega Ages version of PS IV? Well, then... I might just go pick up the PS Collection and hope that they release PS IV on PS2 in America.

On 2004-03-27 15:59, Creinus_Man wrote:
    Alright, alright. So Gamespot (Online site that loves PS2 just like EA loves it) Says that a Remake of the original Phantasy Star will come out for the Play Station 2. I find this hard to belive.
    1. Yuji Naka said Gamecube is easy to devolope for.
    2. Naka says he hates developing for PS2.
    3. Phantasy Star Online has most of it's fanbase on Gamecube.
    4. Most of the Sega Fanbase is on GCN and XBOX.
    5. PS2 Killed Dreamcast.
    6. Gamespot reported this

I have no reason to believe a Phantasy Star Remake is actually in the works. Mabey a post of all those games in the link will be released with their currnt graphics. But I really find it hard to believe that ST would want to release another game on PS2 after seeing Sonic Hero's numbers on that system.
    It's been mentioned already that Yuji Naka has nothing to do with the development of the Phantasy Star remakes. In fact, the development house of the remakes technically isn't even part of Sega. Sega licensed the titles to another company, which formed a division titled, "3D AGES" to develop the titles.

Next, the first batch of the AGES collection has already been released in Japan for the PS2. There are several people on the Phantasy Star Discussion Board that already have the Japanese version of Phantasy Star Generation 1. The port to the United States is furthermore, not being handled by Sega at all, but by Conspiracy Games.

And again, this game is not a sequel to PSO. It's a makeover of the classic original Phantasy Star, which was released in Japan in 1988, then in the United States in 1989-- it was the first console RPG released in the United States (though in Japan it was pre-dated by Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy).

For the record, the SEGA AGES collection line-up includes Phantasy Star, Phantasy Star II and Phantasy Star IV, among many of Sega's other classic games. This collection is being released for the PlayStation 2, and there is no indication that they will ever be released for any other console. As far as why Phantasy Star 3 is not included in this line-up... Heck if I know. I suppose it just wasn't quite popular enough.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016