Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mome dies when you get to the worm and talks and just lies on the boat.
    After the battle he stands up talks and dissapears.
    In the english version you actually have to fight with mome alive so if your stuck change the language to jap and have it easy.

XBL Gamertag: Conjurer

Even though Mome is incredibly weak, With him there it actually challenges me to de rol le. He is extremely easy otherwise.

It's not me. I'm not here.

Japanese gamers prefer their games easier than western gamers. That's why they don't have to keep Mome alive in that bit.

If anything, it's the other way around. Remember Final Fantasy II/IV?... In Japan, two separate versions were released - an easy one and a hard one. Guess which one they translated for us.

If that's not enough proof, I submit for your consideration the last game in the Super Mario All-Stars collection - The Lost Levels. Original title: Super Mario Brothers 2. US/Europe release was delayed for a decade solely because the game was considered too difficult for the Western public.

...It's rather embarrassing, really. We have an international reputation as sissies. (Bah! Just wait until the first international tournament! We'll show them--! ...If the rest of America will turn off their Game Sharks long enough to compete.

Monkeys are really Chimps in disguise.

Yup, japenese like their games easier. In Resident Evil, they get a easy difficulty while we only have normal and hard.

Same thing with Dino Crisis, less ammo and health packs for us.

well in RE:CV they also have an infin ammo. code

Veteran Fighter

In the games mentioned, it's not that 'japanese like it easier'. You forget the games are released there first, people have time to test them and such. By the time they're released in america, they know 'oh, this is too easy' or 'hey, this could use some more modes' and it gets some additions before being released.
    In fact, when games are changed a lot, if it's a game they like, many Japanese players import american games! Another example is FF7. When it had an extra scene and some new bosses added in the american version, it was RE-RELEASED in Japan as 'FF7 International' or something.

i must dissagree with you all, why? well as you can see, other than the fact that some games have not been seen here because of there utter cuteyness, some games have not come here because of their difficulty, some games like, alien solder... i forgot the rest but i saw it in an article online. but dosent it bother you alittle when you think that one of the reasons why we may not see a game in usa or the uk, because the testers, or who ever says that some game is too difficult for you?

people imprisoned by destiny

I must disagree with the statement that Japanese gamers like their games easier. Remember the original Resident Evil? A lot of gamers video taped themselves beating it in under three hours on normal mode with just the knife. I'd like to see an American do that sans cheating .

[addsig]"http://www.pojo.com/dragonball/gilder.jpg" alt="C'mon... dance for me.">

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Gilder on 2001-04-22 02:32 ]</font>