Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guardian of Light - Jesus Freak

Ok. I gotta admit I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of people reviewing this. This has been my first fic in over about 8 months or so. And I have NO CLUE what I was thinking at the time I wrote this, so some of the parts may sound weird. I think I wrote this during exams... That'd explain why it is so short.

Chapter 3: Growl, From the Depths of the Earth
    Planet Ragol: Forest: Inside the Central Dome

Danielle slammed her fist against the door hopelessly. She was trapped with no way to get back to the Pioneer 2 or even contact them. Something was jamming her BEE system, making contact with anyone outside the Dome impossible. The Ranger turned to her Mag and shook her head.

"We're trapped buddy, and I think that not even you can get us out of this mess." She cursed herself for not learning Ryuker, the technique that could open a teleport gate, or telepipe, back to Pioneer 2. Danielle walked over to the ventilation shaft and removed the steel mesh covering it. If she was lucky, she could probably find some survivors or a telepipe. Heck, she could probably find a Ryuker disk. The trip down the shaft went well, until her hand touched a section of steel that was heated up and she lost her grip. Apsaras had a very hard time trying to keep up with her, since it couldn't fit in the shaft to begin with. The Ranger hit the steel mesh covering the other end of the ventilation shaft, broke through it, and landed hard on her back, knocking the wind out of her and making her black out.

Planet Ragol: Forest: Beneath the Central Dome

A gentle nudging against her face woke Danielle up. She shook her head and opened her eyes. She was in a large cave with a security door built into the wall. The Ranger stumbled to her feet and started for the door. That was when she heard a crash and a low, menacing roar. Danielle had never been one to believe in the myths about dragons, that is, until now. The creature was humongous, breathing fire with every roar. If Mags could have a face to make expressions with, then Apsaras and Danielle's expressions would be exactly the same.

The Dragon started toward Danielle, moving at a slow but steady pace. She drew her Bravace and pulled the trigger as fast as possible. Ten bullets slammed into the creature's face, and it barely even flinched. The Dragon sent a jet of flame flying at her, which barely missed her. Danielle checked her inventory and took out a Difluid, a liquid that restored a person's technique power, and drank it. Immediately she used Zonde and zapped the Dragon in the head. It roared and flew into the air, eyeing the Ranger angrily. It sent a fireball flying at Danielle, who jumped out of the way to avoid it. Clearly irritated by the human, the Dragon dove into the ground, splashing lava onto the rock.

"Great, now I have to worry about stepping in the lava along with fighting the Dragon." Something tunneled her way and slammed into her. The Ranger was sent flying by the sudden attack. As the Dragon prepared to ram her again, she leaped out of the way of its tunneling form. The Dragon burst out of the rock and landed on the ground. Apsaras alerted Danielle that its photon blast was ready for use, the team's trump card.

"Go, Apsaras! Photon Blast Golla!" A large creature that resembled a stag with much longer antlers appeared above them. Energy built up along its antlers and shot out at the Dragon. Golla vanished and the Dragon roared in pain. It collapsed to the ground, severely injured, but not dead. Its breathing was low and ragged, but it was eager to continue the fight. Danielle gulped and ran for the security door. It was locked, but there was an item box by it. Keeping her eye on the Dragon, she picked it up and opened it. To her luck, there was a telepipe inside. The RAmarl pressed the activation button and dropped it. She quickly stepped into it and disappeared.

Pioneer 2: Shopping District

Danielle stumbled out of the telepipe, adrenaline still pumping through her veins. She had just gotten very lucky. That photon blast did much more damage than what it normally did, which was very rare. If the blast were at normal strength, then she would still be fighting the Dragon. The RAmarl put away her weapons and Mag and headed for Principal Tyrell's office to speak with him. Even though she had sent all the data she learned to him earlier, he still wished to see her when she returned. Danielle showed her ID to the guards and entered the teleporter.

Principal Tyrell looked relieved to see the Ranger relatively uninjured. She told him about the Dragon beneath the Central Dome and how the doors to the Central Dome had suddenly closed while she was in it. The Principal shook his head, confused by what had happened.

"Pioneer 1 had never mentioned a dragon in their report to us. I wonder exactly how much they kept hidden? Anyway, we have discovered some caves beneath the Dome. It is possible that there are survivors there, so we need for you to continue searching." It looked like there was something else he wanted to say, but he didn't say it. Danielle mentally shrugged and headed for the Shopping District. She needed a new Laser and some more Photon charges for her weapons. The Arms Shop owner took her order and went to get the weapon and ammo.

The shop owner tapped the RAmarl on the shoulder and handed her the things she had ordered. Danielle handed him the Meseta and walked out of the Shopping District, and to the surface teleporter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stormsworder on 2004-04-11 06:09 ]</font>

Its not short, just right for its writer ^_~

Cool, dragon must die

As from the other forums, you have the tendacy to repeat words over again. Look at the last paragraph to see what I mean.

Ok. I know this chapter is REALLY long, but I had to introduce two of my friends' characters. Draslushee belongs to Draslushee, and Jaden belongs to Kitsune86. Also, I won't be back until Friday, so you'll have to wait until then for the new part.

Chapter 4: The Kink in the Wind and the Way
    Planet Ragol: Caves: Volcanic Area

The caves were smoldering hot, and it was quite difficult to breathe. It was in the first room that she discovered the inhabitants of this molten wasteland. They resembled sharks, but they were bipedal with razor sharp scythes for arms and four eyes. Three of the "Evil Sharks", as Rico called them, attacked Danielle. She pointed a Vulcan at two of the Altered Beasts and opened fire. The bullets went into the first's open mouth and killed it instantly, while the second's legs were torn to pieces. The RAmarl had no time to shoot the third, so she merely used Zonde on it. The Evil Shark fell over, its mouth frozen in a silent scream. Two Poison Lilies, oversized flowers that could poison a human, decided to take on Danielle next. The poisonous blobs that they launched barely missed her as she ran forward to cut them down. Agito in hand, the RAmarl sliced through the plants' stems in one swift stroke. There was a capsule by the large door in the room, which meant Rico had been through here.

"Wow... this cave is a treasure trove of discoveries. Creatures that have never been seen by people. Completely unknown animals. They look like mutant forms of the native animals... Perhaps the government has kept this a secret...? It's possible... but for what purpose."

A purple Pal Shark snuck up behind Danielle while she was listening to the message. She noticed its shadow and rolled out of the way of the incoming arm. The RAmarl spun around and blasted the shark with the Bravace. Its green blood made her grimace as it landed on her uncovered skin. Man, that's gross, she thought. Deeper into the caves, she encountered more ferocious creatures, such as the Nano Dragon, which grew stronger as it killed others, and the Grass Assassin, a large creature with bladed arms and an adhesive webbing.

If there was one thing that Danielle learned in the first few rooms, it was to never let a Nano Dragon finish off the other mutants for you. She had let one take out five Evil Sharks, and the thing became almost as big as a Grass Assassin. Its power had increased dramatically, as she had soon learned when the Nano Dragon fired a beam and disintegrated an Evil Shark. The RAmarl dashed forward and pulled the Vulcans' triggers at point blank range. The Nano Dragon shrieked in pain as the bullets tore into its mutated flesh. Danielle took a deep breath and sat back against one of the room's walls. She had been fighting nonstop, and it was taking its toll. Suddenly, she heard the sound of voices coming from a nearby hallway.

"Please, Jaden, if you just let me talk to it, then maybe I can make it stop."

"How stupid are you, Draslushee? This thing is a monster! A mutated freak! It won't listen to you!"

The all too familiar sound of a Nano Dragon's beam was heard, and the girl muttered a curse. A rifle fired three shots, and the Nano Dragon roared in pain. Danielle got to her feet and looked around the corner and saw a RAmarl with violet hair and white fatigues holding a Justy 23ST. A HUmar with jet-black hair cut short and white armor was holding a Musashi, a pair of double swords. There was a frown on his face as he looked at the Nano Dragon's corpse.

"Really, Jaden. I could have talked to the dragon and convinced him to stop."

The RAmarl shook her head, an annoyed look on her face.

"How many times do I have to tell you? It is not possible to talk to a dragon, let alone a mutated one. I think you are out of your mind."

She must have noticed Danielle looking around the corner, for she readied her Justy.

"Whoever you are, come out slowly with your hands where I can see them."

Danielle did as the Ranger told, not sure who the two hunters were. Jaeden, the RAmarl, lowered her rifle when she saw the other Ranger. Draslushee adjusted his glasses to make sure he wasn't seeing things. He had heard of this RAmarl before. She was supposedly the best Ranger at the military academy that both Jaden and he had attended. There were rumors that Danielle rivaled Rico Tyrell herself.

"Danielle? What are you doing here?" Draslushee asked. Her eyes widened as she remembered her fellow classmates.

"I should be asking that question. I'm exploring the caves by the orders of Principal Tyrell."

Jaden nodded. "Same here. Why don't we work together? It will be easier for all of us." Since Jaden was the older RAmarl, Danielle assumed she would take the lead. That was not to be, as Jaden asked what to do.

"Well, I found capsules from Rico, so there is evidence that at least someone survived. I'm not sure how long these caves are, but there is a good chance that we can catch up with Rico if we hurry. It's possible that there may be others hiding here, too."

The newly formed team continued deeper into the caves. Danielle learned that Draslushee was obsessed with dragons, and he refused to harm them. It seemed that he and Jaden were constantly arguing, and their constant bickering was annoying Danielle. It was a relief when they finally found the teleporter. The RAmarl turned to her friends.

"Dras, would you please stop talking about dragons for once?" she asked. He crossed his arms and pouted.

"But I like them! If you just let me try and talk to them…" Jaden hit him in the head and whispered something in his ear. Dras nodded, a fearful look in his eye.

"We're ready to go, Danielle," the RAmarl said. Their leader nodded and stepped into the teleporter.

Planet Ragol: Caves: Water Area

The group was amazed by the change in scenery. One minute they were in a lava filled cave, the next they were in a beautiful paradise, complete with waterfalls and trees. Things were going well, until Draslushee began to complain about killing the dragons again. Lucky for Danielle, there was a capsule in the small room, and she walked over to it.

"I know that Pioneer 1 had some strange aspects to it. In the data I procured, the consumption rate was much higher than the population… Perhaps there were a lot of non-registered citizens aboard. Why? What was their purpose?"

Jaden and Dras walked over to Danielle, and she noticed a red mark on the HUmar's cheek. Maybe now he will shut up, the RAmarl thought. Deeper still, the team went, and they found no human beings.

They were in a room with multiple waterfalls, far more powerful versions of the Evil Shark attacked. Danielle faced off against one of the Guil Sharks in close range combat. Its bladed arm sank into her flesh, and she cried out in pain. The other RAmarl spun around and pulled the trigger on her Justy. Her partner was busy cutting through the Lilies with a sword that could somehow change its shape at will. One second it was a saber, the next it was a partisan. Dras swiftly dodged the incoming toxic spit and cut the Lily at its stem.

"Hey girls! I found another capsule!" Draslushee yelled from near the now unlocked door. The leader gave Jaden her thanks and walked over to Dras. Danielle activated her recording device and played the message.

"Come to think of it, there was something very strange about Pioneer 1. Pioneer 1 was designed to be used as material to build the Central Dome. But we discovered that the Dome was 12% smaller than it should have been. We wondered about the 12% that was missing… We might be able to figure out more if we continue investigating."

Draslushee scratched the back of his head, and asked what was so important about this information.

"Right now, I'm not too sure. Maybe we'll find out later. And I have a question, Dras. What is that sword you are using? I have never seen anything like it before."

The HUmar chuckled and spun the blade around. "This is the Kameko Blade. Legends say that it was created by dragons back on Coral. It can change its shape at my command."

Jaeden shook her head. "How many times must I tell you, Dras? The only dragons that are alive live here on Ragol. It was just a myth on Coral."

Instead of arguing, the Hunter walked away and through the room's door. The two Rangers looked at each other with confused looks on their faces, and then followed their friend. The next room had a tree growing in a pool of water and yet another waterfall. The pool seemed to be a couple of feet deep, but it was hard to tell. A Poison Lily and a Grass Assassin attacked first, and were easily defeated. The Evil Sharks and Guil Sharks appeared, and that was when the trouble started.

Danielle happened to be on the very edge of the pool of water when one of the Sharks knocked her in. She grabbed the edge as quickly as she could and struggled to get back up. With the weight of her armor, she wouldn't be able to get herself out. The Ranger struggled to get some air, and was surprised when someone grabbed her arm. Jaeden tried to pull out her friend, and didn't see the Nano Dragon behind her.

"Jaeden! Behind you!" The RAmarl glanced over her shoulder, her eyes going wide with fear. The Nano Dragon was about to launch its beam, when Draslushee charged forward and impaled the Kameko Blade into its neck. Dras had a look of pity on his face as he withdrew the sword and jogged over to the girls. He grabbed Danielle's arm and helped pull her up. The younger RAmarl shook her head, ashamed of making such an error.

"Thanks, Dras. I owe you, big time."

"Yeah. Same here," Jaden said.

Dras smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "It's nothing. You don't owe me anything," he said quietly. Danielle wondered what was bugging him as she walked toward the door to her left. There was a pillar in there, like the one in the forest. The leader walked up to the pillar and placed a hand on it. Like the one in the forest, this monument began to glow, and the symbols that she had seen in her dreams appeared. Rico had left a message capsule on the ground, and Danielle played the message recorded on it.

"My first question about Ragol was, 'Why didn't any sentient life exist here?' But… look at this monument! This is identical to the one I saw in the forest! It's NOT ours though… Was there an ancient civilization on Ragol? But these monuments are the only evidence I see… It'd be strange if there was a civilization, indeed… Can I decipher these characters with my simple tools?"

Draslushee stepped forward and took a look at the characters himself. "I think this must be some sort of ancient dragon dialect. Fascinating…" he muttered. Jaden smacked him over the back of the head and glared at him. The HUmar rubbed his head, an apologetic look on his face.

"Come on you two, let's go," Danielle said. They found another capsule right before the teleporter to the next caves area. Hoping for some more info on the monument, the group played the message and listened.

"Ah, the characters on the monument… I don't have any idea how to proceed. I need more samples."

The only guy in the group frowned, very disappointed by the lack of info. "Wow. Such important information," he said sarcastically. This time, it was Danielle who hit him on the back of the head before stepping into the teleporter. Jaden chuckled and followed her fellow Ranger. "Why does everyone have to hit me?" Draslushee whined.

Planet Ragol: Caves: Third Area

A Pan Arms, a creature that could split into two, turned to the intruders entering its room. As the hunters flanked the beast, it split into Hidoom and Migium, and each part went after the Rangers. That was when a HUmar ran in from behind, his blade transforming into its sword form. The Altered Beasts barely had time to turn around before the sword cut through them. A Pofuilly Slime appeared and tried to swipe at the hunters with its tail. The liquid creature could move its razor sharp tail anywhere, since its body was like water.

A scratch appeared on Dras's leg as the tail cut into his armor. The HUmar silently cursed and charged down the slime. The Kameko Blade shifted into a partisan, and was impaled through the Pofuilly Slime's head. The creature exploded, spraying the walls with water. Draslushee turned to his partners, who were taking on a large group of Evil Sharks. Despite not being so good at close-range combat, the girls were taking out the Altered Beasts with ease. Jaden had a Double Saber in hand and was covering Danielle. The younger RAmarl was hosing the sharks with bullets, keeping a close eye on her Photon gauge. As soon as it ran dry, she drew her Agito and backed up to Jaden.

"Hey, Dras! A little help over here?" Danielle called over her shoulder. An Evil Shark's arm came down, and the Ranger used her barrier to hold it back. Her arm shook as she struggled to stop the shark's blade. The mutant was stronger than she had though, and there was another one coming at her. Danielle stabbed the first shark in the gut, and sent a kick at the second's face. Draslushee ran up to her side, taking out a Poison Lily that had appeared. With the last of the enemies dead, the room's gate unlocked. The three hunters had been traveling in the new area for quiet some time, and there had been no sign of survivors, just like the last two areas. There was another capsule by the unlocked gate, and the group went to listen to it.

"I've got such mixed emotions… I'm scared, but excited, inspired even! Should I act as a scientist now? Or should I act as a hunter who is facing unknown enemies? I feel like someone's herding me somewhere… but where? To the underground… I feel like I'm being invited."

These words made Danielle's blood run cold. So she wasn't imagining things. Rico felt the same thing she did. There was something that wanted her to go deeper into the caves, but Danielle had thought it was just her imagination running wild. The RAmarl called up her area map and looked to see where they hadn't been yet. Most of the caves had been explored, except for one section northeast of their position. Danielle sighed and turned to the others.

"The only place that we haven't checked out yet is the docks near the underground channel. It is a long walk from here to there." Dras grinned.

"Doesn't matter. Let's just hurry up and go." He jogged off, following his own map. Jaden shook her head and followed her friend. The hunters passed through many rooms they had cleared out during the last hour. When this is over, Danielle thought tiredly, I am so going to go to take the rest of the day off. The door to the docks was locked by three switches, which each of the hunters had to step on at the same time. As soon as the door was unlocked, another capsule turned on.

"I saw it with my own eyes. An animal metamorphosed when it was pierced by a tentacle from that giant worm. Were the monsters I saw in the cave all changed by that giant worm?"

Draslushee gulped and looked through the door. The docks looked empty, with nothing more than the corpse of an Evil Shark that looked like it wasn't through mutating. "I'm not really too sure about this, girls," he said quietly. Danielle stepped past him and walked into the docks. Jaden followed, along with a reluctant Draslushee.

Beneath the waves, a creature stirred.

Ooo...

Suspenful ending on this one

Cant wait to see what happens next,even though I have to wait till friday

Wielder of Divine Might

This is a very well written, interesting fanfic so far. I'm looking foward to when you finish this, I'm going to copy every chapter into MS Word and read the rest of it all in one go.

This fiction most definitely deserves one of these:

Get those chapters rolling.

Don't ask me where I got my ideas for this. I think it was in first period and I was still half asleep. (Um... I just know we were learning the Pathagorean Theorem, that's all.)

Chapter 5: From Seeing the Rough Wave
    Planet Ragol: Caves: Underground Channel

The raft the three hunters were standing on suddenly activated, startling them. There was a giant splash from behind, and the friends turned in unison. A gigantic worm swam up beside the raft, its tentacles waving in the air behind it.

"I think we found that monster Rico was talking about," Jaden said weakly. De Rol Le jumped out of the water, sending purple spheres of energy at the hunters. The spheres impacted against the hunters' shields, but did not harm them. Danielle took out her Bravace, Jaden drew her Justy 23ST, and Dras quickly went through his inventory, searching for his Custom Ray ver. 00.

"I can't find my pistol!" he cried. Danielle was busy with De Rol Le, so Jaden turned to her friend. She drew a Custom Ray and tossed it to him.

"Next time, remember to get your weapons from me," she told him as she turned back to the giant worm. It fell back behind the raft, then leaped into the air and landed on it. Dras was knocked off balance, and he fell to the floor. The raft tilted, and water spilled aboard. De Rol Le's armored carapace protected it from their attacks, but the armor weakened with every blow. That was when one of the tentacles shot out and nearly pierced Draslushee.

"Ah! I don't want to know what would have happened if that hit me!" he yelled as he scrambled to his feet. Another tentacle came down, this time aimed at Danielle. She dodged the first one by backing up, then deflected the second one with her shield. Jaden was already moving by the time the fourth tentacle struck. De Rol Le, frustrated by its failed attempt to pierce them, released the raft and sank back into the water.

The lights blinked off and on, until they went out, plunging the hunters into darkness. They could hear De Rol Le's splashing sounds, but could not see it. The worm leaped out of the water, sending the energy spheres at the humans again. Once more, they were deflected by the shields. De Rol Le swam behind the raft, then lifted itself out of the water. The hunters could see its silhouette, and decided to keep moving in case of any attack. A large, purple energy beam shot out from the mutant's mouth and very nearly hit Jaden. Another beam shot out, this time aimed at Dras. He cursed and rolled to the left, bringing up his Custom Ray and firing. The mask covering De Rol Le's face shattered, but it was too dark to see anything. Instead of firing another beam, the monster dove back into the water. The lights flickered, and then came back on.

The hunters raised their weapons and opened fire on De Rol Le's uncovered head. The bullets impacted the flesh, and the mutant screeched in pain. It latched onto the raft again, and the hunters got a look at its true face. It had one large eye, and many smaller eyes running in a line on the side of its head. Its mouth was nothing more than a hole with teeth inside. Draslushee took out his Kameko Blade and charged forward. The blade changed into a partisan, and he impaled it through De Rol Le's eye. The mutant released the raft, and sank into the water. When it reared up behind the raft, the hunters braced for an attack. De Rol Le screamed in pain before falling into the water.

"Do you think it's dead?" Danielle asked, eyeing the water wearily. Her fellow Ranger shrugged and turned toward the front of the raft. It went through a gate and began to slow down. They pulled up to a smaller dock, and stopped completely. The hunters got off and walked over to the dock's door. It was locked with a keypad, and they didn't know the code. Dras sighed.

"We have no way to get through, unless someone happens to be a computer expert." To his surprise, Danielle smiled.

"Allow me." She walked up to the keypad, and took off the cover. Her friends watched with interest as she hacked into the system and unlocked the door. They went through and entered a human-made area.

"Let's get back to Pioneer 2," the younger RAmarl suggested. "We should rest before continuing on. I don't know about you, but I am dead tired." Dras and Jaden nodded in agreement, and the HUmar dropped a Telepipe. They stepped into it and returned home.

Pioneer 2: Yellowboze Sector

Draslushee and Jaden talked with Danielle all the way to her house, catching up on what had happened since graduation. Jaden and Dras had begun to date just this year, and things were going well. When Danielle was asked if she had a boyfriend, she laughed and shook her head.

"Not yet. I doubt I will any time soon, either." At the door to her house, she said good-bye to her friends and watched them walk out of sight. The RAmarl opened her door, and gasped when she saw Amanda's body on the floor. Danielle dropped to her knees and felt for her friend's pulse. She turned Amanda over, and saw the timer to a bomb slowly tick down the last five seconds.

"Oh, shoot," she muttered.

Dras and Jaden were walking down the street when they were thrown to the ground by a sudden wave of heat and pressure. They looked back, and saw smoke coming from the direction of Danielle's house. Sirens sounded throughout the air as the police came to investigate. The two hunters got to their feet and ran to the burning house, calling their friend's name. Pieces of debris scattered the area, but there was no sign of their friend.

A purple and white HUcast, holding the Soul Eater, was standing over someone. Dras immediately recognized the form on the ground as Danielle. The HUmar took out his Custom Ray and shot the android, who was about to bring down his scythe. The bullets slammed into his armor, and he muttered a curse. The HUcast took a step back, then turned around and ran away. Jaden ran over to Danielle and checked on her, while Dras chased the android. But the android had managed to get away, and there was no way to find out who he was. Draslushee ran over to his girlfriend and Danielle.

"Is she okay?" Jaden nodded, but she still had a worried look on her face.

"I can heal her with Resta, but she will still have a few scars." The RAmarl concentrated on using the technique she had learned, and healed the injuries. Firefighters had arrived on the scene, and were struggling to put out the blaze. Danielle moaned, and opened her eyes.

"What just happened?" she mumbled.

"Somebody tried to take you out," Dras said. "I think it may have been Black Paper." Black Paper was a criminal organization that was feared by all. They traded stolen weapons, parts, and even humans on the black market. Danielle sat up, wincing at the pain in her body. She stared at the burning remains of her house, remembering her friend and mentor that had been murdered.

"Amanda…" she whispered. Jaden and Dras helped her to her feet, and they walked away.

Pioneer 2: Principal Tyrell's Office

Principal Tyrell sat at his desk, massaging his temple tiredly. He was going over the latest data received from Danielle and her team, when he got in a report that there was an explosion in the Yellowboze sector. He read the address at which the explosion occurred, and his blood ran cold. Danielle's house had been destroyed by an explosion, and there was no sign of the Ranger. While the ones responsible for this were unknown, Tyrell knew that it was Black Paper. After all, Danielle's father had arrested the most members of Black Paper, and had foiled just about every one of their plans. He had decided to go aboard Pioneer 1, leaving his daughter and son with his wife. Max Sterling was a great hunter, and a good friend of the Tyrells. The day before Pioneer 1's launch, Max had spoken with Tyrell in private.

"If anything happens to my wife, please watch after Danielle and Alex for me."

Then, the year before Pioneer 2 was slated to launch, Max's wife was killed, along with his son. Since Tyrell was going to be on Pioneer 2, he arranged to have Danielle aboard the ship and attending a school. It was on that day that they had discovered the mysterious virus in her body. If anything had happened to her now, when they were so close to actually developing a cure, he would never forgive himself.

A few hours later, someone entered his office. It was Danielle. Tyrell was relieved to see her alive, and a smile spread across his face. The RAmarl walked up to his desk, a worried look on her own face.

"Principal Tyrell, sir. I am going to go to the mines we discovered now. If Draslushee and Jaden ask you where I am, don't tell them." The Principal was surprised.

"Do you mind telling me why you want to do this? It is going to be dangerous, you know. We have no clue as to what is in those mines, and you may need help."

"I have a bad feeling about this. Something is calling me to the underground, I can feel it. I don't want to put my friends in danger. Please, try to understand."

Tyrell thought for a moment. "I will not tell them. But please, come back alive." Danielle nodded and turned away. The Principal watched her go and sighed. It would be hard to lie to his most trusted hunters, but it had to be done. He looked at the picture on his desk. It was he and Rico at a picnic. His heart ached at the thought of his daughter, lost somewhere on the planet.

"Be safe, Rico. I don't know what I would do if I lost you…"

Now all I have to do is write a review on Left Behind: The Movie and I can join the school's newspaper staff... Next chapter will be tomorrow.

Chapter 6: Empty Space Out of Control
    Planet Ragol: Mines: Razorback Mines Level 1

Danielle looked around, Vulcans in hand. She was in a small room with a computer, which she walked over to. Being an expert hacker, she could easily enter even a military computer and call up whatever information she desired. In a few seconds, she had a map of the entire mine, both levels. She uploaded it to her BEE system and exited the room. She walked into the next room and headed for the door. There was a capsule near it, and the RAmarl played the message.

"Is this… Is this where the missing material from Pioneer 1 was used…? Why did they dig a tunnel all the way down here? And why didn't they say anything about it to the citizens…"

Danielle looked at her map, trying to find the shortest route to the next level. If memory served correct, there should be an AI or two somewhere in the mines. If she could find one of them, then she would be able to find out what had happened here. The Ranger walked into the next room and encountered the first enemy of the mines.

It was a robot originally used for mining. But weapons had been added to them, such as energy cannons. The Gillchic class robots that attacked were armed with the cannons, making it dangerous to attack them at any range. A purple beam flew past her head while she was shooting at one of the Gillchics. Shaken up by the near miss, the RAmarl turned around and sent a Foie blast at the robot. The metal was melted, and the circuits ignited. The Gillchic became a burning wreck, as another took its place.

"Really, this is already getting aggravating," Danielle muttered. Four more Gillchics arrived, but they were demolished by the hail of bullets. The room's door unlocked, and a capsule activated. Interested in what Rico had discovered, the Ranger jogged over to it and played the message.

"I'm attacked by robots this time… What are they?! They were customized robots originally for industrial use. …Who did this? I can understand animals being metamorphosed by a crustacean into mutants, but… These are robots. Somebody modified them. Was it done by someone from Pioneer 1?"

Someone was watching Danielle, but every time she would turn around, no one would be there. "Probably another hunter from Pioneer 2 playing little games with me," she mumbled. She pressed on deeper into the Razorback Mines, searching for the control room. Canadines, small robots that floated in the air and could attack with bolts of electricity, would occasionally appear in formations, led by a Canune. The red versions of the Canadine were more powerful, and they controlled the actions of the Canadines in formation around it. Once, when she had destroyed a Canune, the Canadines did a suicide run. They spun around, alarms blaring, and tried to catch Danielle in their self-destruct explosions.

By far the most powerful of all the machines were the Sinow Beat and Sinow Gold class robots. They would drop from the ceiling, landing silently on the floor, and leap at the RAmarl with their Photon blades extended. When a Sinow Beat had not been able to hit Danielle, it leapt backwards and split into six different machines. Only one of them had the red lights on its shoulder like a Sinow Beat did, so the Ranger suspected that particular machine was the real one. A bullet from the Laser penetrated its neck and cut the main power wires. The Sinow Beat toppled over, and the other clones disappeared.

Keeping her rifle held at ready, Danielle walked past the fallen machine to another capsule. With the luck she was having, an enemy would probably end up attacking her while she was listening to the message. "Don't jinx yourself," she whispered. Taking another look around, the Ranger played the message.

"I heard a rumor that the government was building a secret underground factory. Were the robots manufactured in that secret factory? Or was that factory a decoy? The government was developing another project behind it… Information is always controlled by the government. We don't know the truth at all. We hunters are always used by the government. We're just tools to them."

As much as Danielle hated to admit it, Rico was right. Hunters were just tools. Always being sent on quests, never being told the details. It made the RAmarl wonder what was really going on. Fighting monsters to solve a mystery was one thing. But government conspiracies? That was something she would rather not deal with. She didn't want to become the government's enemy, along with Black Paper's. The thought of that organization's name made her blood boil. They were responsible for the death of her mother, and had almost killed her. If she ever got her hands on one of those monsters, she would make them pay dearly.

The sound of something metallic landing on the floor made Danielle spin around. A Sinow Gold, a more powerful variant of the Sinow Beat, was charging forward, its blade extended. Instincts kicked in, and the Ranger ducked under its blade. Mad at herself for committing such an error as not paying attention to her surroundings, the Ranger drew the Agito and impaled it through the Sinow Gold's lower back. Oil spilled from the hole onto Danielle's hands. Still functional, the Sinow Gold backhanded Danielle and sent her flying backwards. The machine crossed its arms, and the damage was instantly repaired.

"No way! That thing can use Resta?" The machine charged forward again, pouncing on the downed Ranger. Its blade nearly touched her throat, and it would have, unless Danielle had been struggling to hold back its arm. She stared into its red eyes, remembering her training. The metal on the Sinow Gold's arm heated up, and the Sinow looked at its arm with interest. Wincing in pain from the heated metal, Danielle focused her power on melting her enemy's arm. By the time the Sinow Gold found out what she was doing, it was too late. Its arm was immobile, and there was no way to repair it. Danielle took out her Vulcans and blasted the machine with a trio of bullets into the face. She took a deep breath, and walked through the door. Before her was a teleporter to the next level of the mines.

Unbeknownst to the Ranger, a figure was watching her from the shadows, impressed by her fight with the Sinow Gold. "So this is the child Black Paper is so afraid of… Now I see what they are worried about. She will surely disrupt our plans." The figure waited a few minutes after Danielle had stepped into the teleporter before following himself.

Planet Ragol: Mines: Razorback Mines Level 2

A large machine covered in green armor rolled forward, looking for the intruder Vol Opt had warned it about. The Pioneer 1 forces badge painted on its armor, a white claymore against a blue background, was still gleaming under the dim lights. Suddenly, a young girl walked into the room, and the Garanz's targeting computer tracked her. Even if she weren't the target the machine was assigned to eliminate, it would still kill her. All intruders in the mines were to be eliminated. Two of the missile rack doors popped open, and four missiles headed for the girl. She saw them closing in, and shot them out of the air. Annoyed by the human's actions, the Garanz prepared to launch another salvo of missiles. The Ranger charged forward, took out the Agito, and cut through the many layers of armor. Unfortunately, all the attack did was reveal more missile tubes. Over a dozen missiles launched from their tubes and tracked the RAmarl. She ran behind the Garanz, and cringed as the missiles impacted on the armor and sent pieces of metal flying all over the place. The room's door unlocked, and the Ranger breathed a sigh of relief.

Things hadn't been looking so good in the second level of the mines. There was much heavier opposition than before, and the military's Baranz class robots were everywhere. The machines were loaded with heat-seeking missiles, but they could be used against the behemoths. Just run behind a Garanz, and the missiles would hit the machine instead. Danielle sat back against a wall and rubbed her eyes. Normally, she would just drop a telepipe and go back to the city for a little sleep. But something wasn't allowing her to return. Every Telepipe she dropped wouldn't open, meaning she had to continue on deeper. Danielle's eyes began to close, when she heard a strange sound. At first, it was barely audible. But then she was able to hear her name being said. She looked up, eyes searching the room. No one was there but her. The Ranger got to her feet and headed for the unlocked door. She had a feeling that whatever was calling her to the underground was close. When Danielle opened the door, she found another monument with a capsule by it. She walked over and played the message.

"Here, I found the third one. Will it fit together when all the parts are combined? 'Light, darkness, pair, exist, unlimited, rule, seal…' I can make out each word, but I still don't understand the meaning of the whole thing."

Danielle glanced up at the monument, touching it with her hand. It began to glow, activating a computer that was near it. Interested in finding out what the government had discovered about the monument, the RAmarl walked over to the computer. When she entered a command, the screen went blank. An error message appeared, saying that all information on the monument had been destroyed by a virus. Shaking her head, Danielle turned for the second door. The virus had only targeted the files on the monument. Everything else was still intact. She bet that someone had purposely destroyed the files to stop anyone from finding them.

In the next room, a large group of Dubchics appeared. These robots, which resembled Gillchics, could piece themselves back together after taking heavy damage. Unsure if it was possible to defeat the machines, Danielle spotted a small service station floating around some distance behind her. She aimed one of her Vulcans at it and opened fire. The station exploded, and the Dubchics self -destructed. Surprised at how simple it was to kill them, the RAmarl didn't notice the approaching Sinow Beat. She ducked under its massive arms as it tried to slice her in half. Danielle aimed her Vulcans at the Sinow Beat's head and pulled the trigger. Bullets slammed into the machine's head, and it toppled over backwards.

The Ranger looked at her map again. The monitor room shouldn't be too far away now. Vol Opt, one of the military artificial intelligences in the mines, was supposed to reside there. If she could find Vol Opt and question it, then she could find out what happened. Every time she checked a computer, the search would bring up nothing explaining the disappearance of all the people. Danielle smiled when she saw that the entrance to the monitor room wasn't too far away. She walked up to an unlocked door, went through, and sidled up against the wall. Someone was following her, and she wanted to know who. As soon as her follower drew near, Danielle jumped around the corner and aimed her Vulcans at the person. It was a HUmar with white hair, white armor, and a scarred face. He carried a Heat Saber, and had a Kama as a Mag.

"Who are you?" Danielle asked. The HUmar smiled.

"My name is Zechs. I am a hunter exploring these mines."

"If you are exploring, then why are you following me?"

Zechs looked surprised. "I wasn't following you. I was just trying to find my way to the monitor room here."

Even though she still wasn't too sure about this Hunter, Danielle lowered her weapons. "My name is Danielle. I am looking for the monitor room, too."

"Really?" Zechs asked, looking interested. "Why don't we work together? It will be easier for both of us." Danielle took one look at the HUmar's injuries and guessed that he had a lot of trouble fighting the machines.

"Okay, that would be fine. I could always use some company," the RAmarl replied. Zechs grinned, obviously relieved. Great, now I got to baby-sit this newbie, along with trying to find Rico, Danielle though angrily. This just isn't my day. Lucky for Danielle, the entrance to the monitor room was just through the next door. There was a palm scanner next to the security door, and neither of the hunters had clearance for it. The Ranger knelt next to the scanner and got to work. Zechs watched with interest as she managed to make the door open. The hunters stepped through into the monitor room. The door slammed shut behind them, and the lights went out.

"This can't be good," Danielle muttered.