Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay. I don't know who's the bastard behind all this, but everytime Sega is ready to launch the next best thing, the entire game enters a controversy. Voice acting in Sonic Adventure, bad sales in MDK2, and now the latest: being bored after 400 hours of PSO. Now censorship or not, I have only one thing to declare in response to these 'bored' threads.

DO I GIVE A FUCK?

Yes! Exactly! Do I give a fuck about people coming on that forum for the sole purpose of saying "PSO is boring", "PSO is dead"? Try to remember the old days. Wayyyy back when you still had that Coleco on one side and that Nintendo on the other. Did a lot of games get you to play more than 400 hours cumulative? Not as far as I know. You'll end up changing game because at the end, they are really too short. There's no way to save on these. The only thing you can use are passwords, or codes. Frankly, no game has ever caught my mind for more than 200 hours, 250 tops.

And now you come in saying that PSO gets boring after 400.

Get real. It WILL get boring after 400 hours. The only difference is that you fry these hours in just as many days as you used to fry the 200 on your Genesis system. I am sick of people making a speech stating that PSO is boring, that PSO no longer has their interest. Just think about it. Most of us have spent more time on that than any other game. My Dead or Alive 2 game has but 35 hours into its memory. PSO has over 200, and I still play. You do the math.

If you consider the other games you have played, it's not hard to realize that PSO has probably been your most addicting game ever.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Amen to that. I've got over 500 hours on my characters and am still playing obsessively (though that would pale in comparison to Watashiwa, LOL!). This is probably the most I have EVER played one game before.

THANK YOU SEGA!

Oh gawd I just remembered, version 2 then PSO 2. *Sigh* will I ever play another game BUT PSO?

Please stop wearing Resist/Saints

I agree... PSO is the ONLY game i have spent this much time on. The closest ive spent to this much time was on FF tactics DAMN THAT DEEP DUNGEON!!!!
    Anyways i have 280 hrs on My first char 30 on my second and 20 on my third. O=)

Veteran Fighter

YEAH!! SCREW PS2 CUBE AND that other one...

Agreed i bought a dreamcast just play PSO!

Veteran Fighter

Woah there kiddies, back off on the console bashing there.

Yes PSO is a great game, and i do get a bit tired of people saying it is boring, and played out, and needs to be better. But i haven't seen any of these people make a MMRPG that is better than PSO, so until they do, i think they need to be a little less critical of PSO.

Messenger of Light, Destroyer of Darkness.

$5 says the people who are saying that PSO is boring are the people with GameSharks who've hacked the snot outta their characters, got every item, got banned from going online, and now don't know what to do with their wasted investment. Me, however, I've almost 400 hours logged between my 6 chars, and Akillies just as much time spent (after several remakes of several characters). And as far as I'm concerned, I don't think it's boring yet (I've been gone 'cuz I'm making a web page on PSO <Evil Grin>). Besides, only a few games have held my interest just as long, if not longer, those being Champions of Krynn, Wasteland (still playing this one even now after getting it when it first came out for the PC <Grin>), DaggerFall, and Fallout 1.

A game I can beat in a day, yet play over and over infinately, to me is a worth while game. A game that takes me several months to beat, but will never pick up again, is worthless.

This game has held my interest since February, and long after I have held every rare item in at least one character's hand, I will continue to play PSO.

Sure, it will get boring. But only if you let it. But isn't that true of any game?

Words of wisdom for today...
    Silence is golden... Complainers, make yourselves rich.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: DarkWolf on 2001-04-23 15:53 ]</font>

I personally, could care less about the pursuit of rare items.So many people seem hung up on that these days.It's not why I play PSO.I play games for a living...Some games I like....and some games I dont....but I'm paid to play them all.PSO is the game I choose to play at the end of the day when it's time for ME.I'm constantly coming up with better ways to play a force character.I'm always meeting new people...some I like...and some I dont...but oh well.I would NEVER go so far as to say this game is boring.In fact it's one of the few games out there that keeps me coming back.Every time you hook up with someone new the game changes.Hell,why not try something new and join Mechdans weaponless games??? You might just find something new!!!It's only as stale as you allow it to be.

I often like to take 4-5 weapons with me and just change as we go along. This is how I came to love some of the most uncommon weapons ever *cough*Varista*cough*.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

On 2001-04-23 13:53, Lmnopia wrote:
    YEAH!! SCREW PS2 CUBE AND that other one...
    Yes, yes. Screw Cube. You got it.