Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think we should make all the members take a quiz and if they don't apss then they are banned from the forum. Either that or shut down AOL, that will solve the problem too.

just start warning the dirty bastards and say they are harassing you.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

I'm up for bombing AOL/Time Warner HQ... Got some home-made napalm here, and I should be able to get the structural plans if someone wants to make up some Clorox bombs...

And whoever said reading doesn't teach you anything?

Jeez Lolli, and I thought I got bombarded with stupid posts/messages...

"I got an S Rank after battle, but no S rank card? Why not?"

"I got a DEl Rapy from a blue pack online after a B rank, it's not an E rank card"

Morons.

On 2004-05-03 14:28, Ness wrote:
    I think we should make all the members take a quiz and if they don't apss then they are banned from the forum. Either that or shut down AOL, that will solve the problem too.
    Don't be too hasty there, Pilgrim. Not all AOL members are braindead.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Using AOL does not make you braindead. However (here comes the generalization) most AOL users ARE already braindead, don't know any better, and therefore use AOL as internet access.

Most of us don't want to admit it, but just about all of us here used AOL at some point...

On 2004-05-03 15:02, Arislan wrote:
    Using AOL does not make you braindead. However (here comes the generalization) most AOL users ARE already braindead, don't know any better, and therefore use AOL as internet access.

Most of us don't want to admit it, but just about all of us here used AOL at some point...
    I use AOL to this day. Albeit, it's not my primary internet access anymore, but I do still use it. I think the thing that most people don't realize is that it's not really an ISP-- rather than being an Internet Service Provider, it's a Web Service. The difference being that an ISP provides you with access to the internet, and maybe a handful of useful things, such as an e-mail address or two and perhaps a few megabytes worth of webspace.

A Web Service, on the other hand, is a network all its own, often providing e-mail, webspace, various chat services, forums, news, weather, entertainment, games, other services, and generally forming a community all its own; while at the same time, it may or may not also function to provide access to the internet.

Quite frankly, I like the service for what it is, and I can stand by this statement with confidence because I also rather like AOL for certain features that result in rather convenient exploitations of this service, that I'd probably get in trouble for talking about at length, on this particular site. If you'd recieved the benefit of some of the things I've used AOL for in the past, you'd rather like AOL, as well.

On 2004-05-03 14:46, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Here's someone else throwing down the "generalization" card. I would expect that from some of the younger kids here, but not someone like you, who can understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value.

On 2004-05-03 15:23, Ness wrote:
    On 2004-05-03 14:46, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Here's someone else throwing down the "generalization" card. I would expect that from some of the younger kids here, but not someone like you, who can understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value.
    I can, indeed, understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value, but I'm personally a big fan of "Imposing Authority" for comedic value, as well.

On 2004-05-03 15:36, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

I can, indeed, understand the use of overexaggeration for comedic value, but I'm personally a big fan of "Imposing Authority" for comedic value, as well.
    Imposing authority? I didn't see you imposing any authority.

okay, the topic was about news submissions.

or did you guys also not understand what news means?