Uncontested remover of mattress tags!

There is a program called PSUL that allows you to trick the gamecube and ep.1&2 into thinking your PC is a PSO server so that you can upload unsigned code to the GC. I am curious if this could be used for good and not evil, to make a private server so you and a couple friends could connect to a buddies PC and play your own game without any of the worries associated with online play. Most of the other MMORPGs out there have some way of doing this, even EQ on PS2.

I really don't think this is a cheat per se, but I posted here just to be safe

I don't think we are allowed to talk about private server stuff here unfortunately.

%s on weps are for wimps

I here that if it's a private server open to the 'public' you can discuss it, like, a server dedicated to PSOW members only.

On 2004-05-16 19:46, Robo47 wrote:
    I here that if it's a private server open to the 'public' you can discuss it, like, a server dedicated to PSOW members only.
    maybe..
    key word is discussion & not giving out ways of how!
    be careful not crossing the line.. for the line here is very very thin!
    again, this can be locked at a drop of a dime =)
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

On the subject of PSUL, or PSOload. No, you could not use this to run a private server. You don't have any of the server side files or instructions needed to run one. The program tricks the cube into believing it has connected to a server, not that the Cube is one. A bit different than what would be required to run a private server.

And besides, running a GC private server couldn't be anything BUT evil. You're stealing money from ST's pockets by doing so. Not good.

%s on weps are for wimps

On 2004-05-16 23:56, Arislan wrote:
    On the subject of PSUL, or PSOload. No, you could not use this to run a private server. You don't have any of the server side files or instructions needed to run one. The program tricks the cube into believing it has connected to a server, not that the Cube is one. A bit different than what would be required to run a private server.

And besides, running a GC private server couldn't be anything BUT evil. You're stealing money from ST's pockets by doing so. Not good.
    Motivation for them to do something about Ant8 and Vega.

Uncontested remover of mattress tags!

On 2004-05-16 23:56, Arislan wrote:

Hmm, I was thinking server-side data would be the issue...ah well, I was curious.

You see, I bought PSO for GC the day it came out and I had a subscription to it, I cancled the subscription and tottally forgot the username and pass I used. Then I got a new ISP and I can't request my U/P becuase my old email account is shut down. I have called Sega and they say they can do nothing about, it really doesn't bother me too much because I really don't play that often anymore. But a couple weeks ago my friend decided that he was going to pick the game up, now, the game has been discontinued so he had to brea k down and buy a used copy. When he got it home the code was already in use so he couldn't make his own account. Now, as I said, I don't play the game much anymore, but I would like to get into a game with him and putz around once in a while.

And that is why I ask, sorry, felt I had to explain myself... I mean, I want to give Sega my money, really I do, and so does my friend...they just won't take it.

EDIT: Thank you for not flaming me, btw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jace_100 on 2004-05-19 04:22 ]</font>

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

On your account info, I would re-call up Sega and ask. You have other verification information, like CC # used to pay for the account, so the User-name thing should be a non-issue and solvable. Your friends account isn't really solvable though, 'tis the price you pay for buying a used copy of the game.