Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers

On 2004-05-23 18:35, doubletake123 wrote:
    listen to eihwaz he's smart.
    Aaaw, thanks!

Even though I believe RAmarls to be much greater than RAmars...it is possible to make a fairly cool looking RAmar. I've done it. Sorta.

I would say more, but I'm too tired to argue about RAnger stuff.

Well, if a Ramar has access to S-rank Weapon and zalure, you’re statement would reveal that Ramar>RAmarl in that situation.

As for the whole Ramar/Ramarl debate, their worth IMO is nullified online with a Force (a team player Fo) and since Ramar will have higher everything with a Fo’s lvl 30 S/D, J/Z capabilites, it’s quite stupid of me to say that Ramarls would be better, they are only useful in teams where a Fo isn’t available, but otherwise they are probably only there for the Resta for bots/Fo’s too lazy to cast it.

As for offline, the mode is way too easy for me, so I could careless if Ramarl>RAmar in a mode where difficulty is substantially lower than Online/Multimode, once you hit the high 150's, lvl or techs really doesn’t matter because you are already strong enough to pass every area by yourself.Well, if a Ramar has access to S-rank Weapon and zalure, you’re statement would reveal that Ramar>RAmarl in that situation.

As for the whole Ramar/Ramarl debate, their worth IMO is nullified online with a Force (a team player Fo) and since Ramar will have higher everything with a Fo’s lvl 30 S/D, J/Z capabilites, it’s quite stupid of me to say that Ramarls would be better, they are only useful in teams where a Fo isn’t available, but otherwise they are probably only there for the Resta for bots/Fo’s too lazy to cast it.

As for offline, the mode is way too easy for me, so I could careless if Ramarl>RAmar in a mode where difficulty is substantially lower than Online/Multimode, once you hit the high 150's, lvl or techs really doesn’t matter because you are already strong enough to pass every area by yourself.

I dotn care i somethign is better woohoo that doesnt mean anythign really a Ramar doing about 800 points of damage comepared to a hunter doing 1000 something damage who realyl cares if your that anal about 200 damage you need to stop playing lol that 800 damage will kill mostly everythign in two or three hits so what the big differnce i still cant belive people care that much about stats to say since he has the lowest stats he just plain sucks. people need to get over it.

teh ninja'd

I only used PSOW's damage calculator, so um, stop telling me I play too much.
    In fact, since my MAC Address hasn't been registered yet, I haven't played PSO at all for the last...
    Hmm, 7 weeks maybe.

Besides, RAmars will be murdered in EP2 without their Frozen Shooter.
    RAmarl will probably be too, however, I know RAmarl will last alot longer than a RAmar would there, since she also has Jellen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-05-27 11:41 ]</font>

On 2004-05-27 06:43, kazuma56 wrote:
    Well, if a Ramar has access to S-rank Weapon and zalure, you?re statement would reveal that Ramar>RAmarl in that situation.

As for the whole Ramar/Ramarl debate, their worth IMO is nullified online with a Force (a team player Fo) and since Ramar will have higher everything with a Fo?s lvl 30 S/D, J/Z capabilites, it?s quite stupid of me to say that Ramarls would be better, they are only useful in teams where a Fo isn?t available, but otherwise they are probably only there for the Resta for bots/Fo?s too lazy to cast it.
    First of all, competent support forces are about the rarest of all character type online. I mean a ratio of about 1 support fo to every 600 other players. everyone is only concerned with rafoie spamming, even if they do zero damage. Ramarls are always a welcome additon to a team, outside of Cmode. Ramars are not. Ramarls can do tons of good without a force, ramars cannot.

As for offline, the mode is way too easy for me, so I could careless if Ramarl>RAmar in a mode where difficulty is substantially lower than Online/Multimode, once you hit the high 150's, lvl or techs really doesn?t matter because you are already strong enough to pass every area by yourself.Well, if a Ramar has access to S-rank Weapon and zalure, you?re statement would reveal that Ramar>RAmarl in that situation.
    as for offline, ramars need to be level 150+ for everything to be easy. Ramarls reach that point at about level 130, millions of experince points sooner.
    And even where a ramar can do more damage with the help of a s-rank weapon, the ramarl could still use that weapon just as easily, doing still more damage than ramars. and they would still have tons of defensive advantages.

There is no good side to ramars, except for their hp.

Purple Racast

First of all, competent support forces are about the rarest of all character type online. I mean a ratio of about 1 support fo to every 600 other players. everyone is only concerned with rafoie spamming, even if they do zero damage. Ramarls are always a welcome additon to a team, outside of Cmode. Ramars are not. Ramarls can do tons of good without a force, ramars cannot.

Ever hear of weapon specials? a Ranger (not only RAmar) can be using wep specials to prove their worth on a team, the only time J/Z is atucally needed would be in Seabed, ruins is easily dealt with, with a Spread Needle and FS.

as for offline, ramars need to be level 150+ for everything to be easy. Ramarls reach that point at about level 130, millions of experince points sooner.
    And even where a ramar can do more damage with the help of a s-rank weapon, the ramarl could still use that weapon just as easily, doing still more damage than ramars. and they would still have tons of defensive advantages.

There is no good side to ramars, except for their hp.

Well I didn't say that MY RAMAR needed to be lvl 150+ to own offline, I said that because it's the general lvl where classes are basically at their peak (for offline anyway), by lvl 110+, my Ramar had already killed both Falz and Olga and it would have been done maybe by 105, but the search for a FS and SN gave me some extra lvls, Fact is, if you need J/Z for offline you=sucks (bar melee Fo's) because offline is not HARD in anyway.... now offline for DC V.2 was hard, enemies couldn't be touched without V.2 weps and thus you would trek forest over and over searching for X Red weapon before you could actually to decent damage.

Also, I guess you can say that Andriods are pointless online because traps are only used in 2 areas (ruins/seabed) thus they are also "not welcome" online.

BTW, I rather play a class where I can at least be challenged (somewhat) offline instead of spamming S/D, J/Z in every room just to survive, If everyone chose a class just because they clear rooms fast offline, why doesn't everyone just play as a Fonewman?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2004-05-27 17:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2004-05-27 17:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2004-05-27 17:22 ]</font>

You obviously have no idea about the difficulty of online compared to offline. Onilne, it is close to impossible to solo ruins, even when playing as a ramarl. Traps are useful everywhere, droids are welcome, just not when there is not competent fo/ramarl/hunewearl

Ramarls do not need J/Z to stay alive offline, but there is no fucking reason not to use what is given to you. even without J/Z, Ramarls will have better dfp and about the same atp.

and as for your comparison, I beat olga at level 98 with my ramarl.

Your Lord and Master

Of the Ranger class i like the RaCast the best. Accurancy and power and the ability to see traps is very helpful. I also like the RaCaseasl. I agree more people should use them.

Every character is great if you use them right..........................thats all im trying to say stop bashing oen character cause they have lower stats than any other they still can own anything. My level 116 RAmar can solo ruins just fine not online cause i cant play online but still whatever if i was i could prolyl solo it even though i may shot a few time and go back through the door lol i can still do it.