Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate

Dark Falz Cultist

I hate PETA with a deep passion. Like others have said, I'm all for humane treatment, but those guys are just being ridiculous and giving vegetarians, animal rights activists, etc. a bad name.

Pitching a fit and screaming about how anyone who isn't vegetarian is evil will not accomplish anything. We are not a society willing to give up animal products. What they really should be doing is promoting companies that sell organic, free-range animal products. Laura's Lean, Horizon Organic Dairy, etc. Better treatment for the animals, healthier for us because it isn't pumped full of chemicals, and most of the time it simply tastes better.

I know for a fact that chickens would be extinct if we weren't eating them.

I agree. Peta goes too far and propaganda is simply not the way to go. And then there are people who claim to love and believe in Peta, endorsing them, without knowing what it's all about. How can you claim to love all animals and then want all pittbulls banned and eradicated?

But people do need to be more educated on the treatment of animals and responsibility of having pets. That would help a lot more than throwing paint at people. I'm getting sick of seeing what people do to animals. And yes, the society isn't ready to give up animal products and we can't and shouldn't force everyone to. But it's sad that people will label you treehugger just for trying to do something you believe in.

Rotis, know of Niman Ranch products?

Ness, how do you know for a fact? Because it happened somewhere?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-05-27 08:39 ]</font>

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2004-05-27 08:04, LollipopLolita wrote:
    well not really armok, because there are still wild and feral pigs out there in jungles that will do just fine and are excellent hunters and have better genes. pigs do not exist solely in farms.

and we can't exactly eat up every species to prevent them from going extinct. and for certain species, the demand for them as food is what is making them in danger of being extinct. extinction is more complex and has to do with enviromental factors, shrinking size of habitat and biological support, industrialization and humans progress, lack of conservation and genetics. well and a lot more than that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-05-27 08:06 ]</font>
    We can't say that such and such would be extinct b/c we aren't eating it.

Who knows? The Chicken race may have the potential to be the most dangerous species on the planet.

I believe this is ONE thing we can all agree on (Beside the fact that we all enjoy; breathing, eating, and sleeping...maybe sleeping).

Its one thing to believe in something and live it to the best of your ability. But when "you" (Nobody in particular) start frothing at the mouth and spouting propaganda in the face of every passer-by, well...you know. On that note; Please don't judge the rest of the vegan and vegetarian people by that actions of these "self-absorbed" quacks (Not that all PETA members are bad or anything, in fact some are generally against the "self-righteous", "preachy" attitude of this group...SOME).

Here's an article I did on PETA. It reveals some of the shortcomings in their philosophy.

http://www.nessitopia.com/nuke/html/...howpage&pid=14

PETA's organization, like many other organizations in the USA recently, have been hijacked by the insane. It is a portent of things to come...

(waits in a bunker awaiting the Whore of Babylon and the Rise of the Beast...)
    "Do you still think I'm scrumptious?" -- Rimururu, Samurai Showdown 4

Thank you Lolita, this is the most intelligent thing Ive read in a good while. I'm going to show this to my mom.

Peta is for bitches.