After I did not get a single God/Mind from 9 Nar Lilies (87.5%), I began to think that the Hacked Mags can affect drop rates (Note, I said drop rates. I know you can find rares with it).

How much are these rates affected? So far, I've been testing with my FOnewearl with FiY runs, searching for Al Rappies. So far, I found 1, (Elysion with an 87.5% drop), but it didn't drop the rare. I'll do more testing, but does anyone have anything to add. If so, when does the game detect a hacked mag? Are the drop rates affects if it is in your bank or is it only affecting your game if it's in your invitory. The world must know...

(Although I COULD live with a lv. 200 Mag on my FOnewearl, however...)

Old Man

Hey Zinger - read my earlier thread - I've been testing the same thing for a few weeks now. In legit games, the drops are pretty regular for me and in games where there is hacked stuff, almost nothing is dropping. Maybe it is an xbox thing, I'm not sure. But I'm going to start running a damn meter on enemies killed and drops for both types of games and if a few others do the same, we'll have potentially some good info. to contribute. So far, no one has given me a link to a source that convinces me these hacked mags aren't messing with the drop rate. Everything is anecdotal and doesn't jive with what I've been seeing. If I'm running solo, 100% legit, or with teammates that I KNOW are 100% legit, we're getting drops. But when I see 2,000+ damage per hit happening, we all just groan because now were relegated to picking up discs, grinders, mats and a little exp. There's a crap-load of flaming going on in the game right now between the legit players and the non-legit players and IMHO, it's turning this game into a bad experience. Like you, I want to know once and for all what the truth is so I can live with my brother & sister PSO players in peace.

I hate to say it, Stika, but normal drops are too rare to happen. The 87.5% drops should happen almost all the time, which is why i am testing those specific drops.

(After I'm done testing with hacked items, I'll use a 15/0/0/185 Panzer's Tail mag and a Summit Moon to see how much hacked items we could have.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-05-28 15:08 ]</font>

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Well, the only 100% assured time a hacked mag will affect the game is on PSO Plus. Outside of that (although definitely possible XBox has the same rules, given updatability), 1.1 shouldn't have any rare drop effect. A few JP boards I've read have come up with the theory that it simply places the decimal over one more spot, IE that 87.5% now has an 8.75% chance.

Old Man

Now Arislan, that theory (decimal moved over one spot) makes a lot of sense. Let's say that Microsoft updated their service to make some type of patch/fix that would automatically adjust the drop rate that way when specific items were in play. I'm no computer geek, but it makes sense to me. That would go along with what I'm hearing online from a lot of folks who seem to me to be very knowing about both this game and computer coding and such. That would explain why every once in a while, some guy writes how he had a hacked mag on and got a Yas 9000 drop, and yet everyone we're playing with isn't seeing a damn thing after hours of playing if hacked items are in use. From what I'm hearing, some folks are even suggesting hacked items in the bank are affecting the drop rate. I hope this is true as that would force the folks searching for rares to clean out their banks and come clean. If its true, we should see more games labeled "legit only," even more so than now. Unfortunately, it will also lead to some fairly aggressive flaming inside the games which isn't good for anyone. I hope someone out there who is much smarter than I can shed additional information on this subject. I think answering this question is very important to those of us playing on xbox. Simple solution, of course, is to only play legit and only play with other legits, but I have friends that do not play legit, I enjoy playing with them, I would like to continue to play with them despite our choices of playing style and this question may affect that choice - both for them and for me. So, once again, thank you for advancing that potential explanation.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Well, in the case of Plus, the only time it affects the game is when the group leader is using Plus and someone in the group has a 1304 equipped. The moment the 1304 is unequipped, the rare rates pop back to normal. This would also apply to Offline, of course, since the player is naturally the group leader. If XBox works the same way, then it will only affect rates if someone has one equipped, rather than banked or in inventory. Now, whether Sega has it set the same way as Plus, or has placed even more strenous checks (affected by banked 1304s) or not, I'm not sure, that may be worth testing.

hey that's 1308's and if i ever see any legit only games on psox i'm gonna run in there with all my hacked stuff equiped.

On 2004-06-15 16:28, XboxJared wrote:
    hey that's 1308's and if i ever see any legit only games on psox i'm gonna run in there with all my hacked stuff equiped.
    1304 for GC, 1308 for Xbox. Don't ask why.

And, from anecdotal evidence and Arislan's theory, You wouldn]t do anything besides annoy the legits.

Old Man

XboxJared.

Why would you intentionally piss off a lot of us on this board?

If you come into my game, I will report you to ST.

Sitka :

I can proove that having a hack mag does affect drop rate dramaticly. If you have read my other thread you will agree with me. I now play an 100% legit and starting to have a blast now.

No more 10 hours of TTF with hacked weapon players just to gain 15-20 levels. I'm going to back to plain whole PSO co-op play.