Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans for PSOW

Veteran Fighter

On 2002-03-08 15:30, Castelak wrote:
    Oh yeah... another thing is I think all the users should be allowed a custom avatar after 30 or so posts, make the people happy ;p
    Keitaro errr i mean Cast has a good point there!

also i think once the new versions come out you should have a DC section and a Xbox & GC section that way people wont get confused if someone asks a question reguarding PSO.

yeah petitions section is pretty useless, i mean the petitions usually dont work... maybe you could also add a notification message that tells you when you have a new PM? oh and maybe a thing that tells you who's online

Click my sig to goto a friendly community and great website.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2002-03-08 16:28 ]</font>

Half that is stuff i said you should do last August but anyways.... Nice to see progress at least. I would say time for some new avatars, maybe non PSO related ones an the ability to have your own. Maybe delete all those back pages so you dont have to lock up threads cuz somebody bumped up a 3 month old topic. Seems silly to have them there if nobody can use them.

Things done last night (GMT)/this evening(EST/PST/whatever):

- Fixed new user accounts and changed passwords for old users.
    - Added spam control. (Users aren't allowed to post until 30 seconds after their previous post.)
    - Fixed accidentally deleted users posts' from breaking any forum topic. The post is still shown, and the username is shown as "Deleted Member".
    - Strengthed IP banning utility to allow IP range bans.
    - HTML abuse of the location field stopped.

*yawns and collapses* X_x no more rock candy...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2002-03-08 23:36 ]</font>

*realizes he hasn't posted in this thread and uses this time to do so*

Yep, we both need some rest right about now. :P

More additions and fixes to come, people.

Yawn.

*passes out for the night*
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

o_O
    Iceblink needs sleep, he repeated himself afew times..

As for ideas. I like the custom avatar idea.

Petitions should really go, it accomplishes nothing and usually leads to flames. And ultimately, its THE biggest waste of space on the site.

Really all the other forums should stay, because as new people come to PSOW they will need to know the stuff, just like we did.

As for being notified of when you have a PM. I don't know. I think it works ok how it is, maybe just the ability to see the NEW PM's in a new pop up window when you click the link? I have over 200 pm's and I want them kept, but I have to hit the stop button after the PM page loads alittle bit or it takes a while.

Different sections for DC/PC/X-box/GC ?? No way, that would be like modding three more PSOW's. Everyone that posts will have to specify what they are playing on. It would be too much trouble, and its easier to say "For GC blah blah".

Custom titles as well, I say 100 posts would be a good target needed for a custom title.

And I'm wondering, when PSOW goes down, it gives two-three different error messages. Is it due to maintenance(its been happening alot this week) or just the server itself? I take it its just the server.

I'll think some more ideas over..gotta be more ways to improve this site.

A big thank you to the people working to make it better than it already is.
    Look, he did it again.

Or how about a small picture that says what platform of PSO it's relating to?

Like a little green 'X' or something for Xbox version, purple 'GC' for GameCube etc..

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

How about the Inbox log-in error.

Or giving users the option of having cookies placed on their computers, not automatically.

Another board I go to when you load a new page a window will popup if you have a new pm. Really useful, and alows people who don't have aim or anything to comunicate in almost real time while still looking at the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Her chest is a cat, too.

Just fixed the poll comments bug.

Now it doesn't always post as anonymous.

BTW, your suggestions have been noted.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.