Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The files were true: Elenor had evolved into a new, hybrid kind of android. Combining mechanical strength and precision with the demi-organism's ability to evolve, the new Insa-Elenor had the required abilities to withstand a full all-sides attack and get out of it with bare fists.

Rumors about her soon became facts. Insa-Elenor still hung out in Pioneer II, fully taking advantage of her organic abilities. She could eat and drink, fight with exceptional agility, run at extreme speeds, and evolve her form temporarily to suit the needs of any situation. An all-purpose machine.

However, following her transformation, she had become bitter and more cunning. She wasn't afraid of anyone anymore, and was reported to constantly pick up fight with the people she found a little too cocky for her tastes. Moreover, she was obsessed with the idea of fighting and exploring alone.

But that wasn't the end of the files. Behind her transformation was another layer. The body of Doctor Jean-Carlo Montague had been found in the upper part of the ruins, his torso in several gory pieces.

Diagnosis: A kick into the ribcage From Insa-Elenor.

Murder of a high-placed member of Pioneer II. Consideration Criminal. The hunt was on.

Hunters had assembled at the guild to share strategies, drinks, and form teams. Of course, old friends quickly assembled and new hunters found themselves out of luck for the spots. The target was considered dangerous, and the bounty was only open to people of clearance number 75 or over. Even then, they suggested 90.

And to discourage heroic attempts, no reward if you were under the required clearance. The rules were strict and the goal was to have as few people killed as possible.
    ---------------------------------------------

"They're searching for you, 'Lenor. Why didn't you hide the body?"

"Didn't think about it..."

"Oh well; too late. You'll just have to stay here in the meantime."

Elenor sat down. The room was circular. It was the inside of an old reactor; it had been hollowed out seven years ago and used as a conference room. Of course, not a lot used it. The lights were minimal, and most seats were uncomfortable.

But not to androids.

Quickly, Shurikane had turned this reactor into a full-scale defense station and base of operations, with the help of the transformed Elenor. The reactor now sported radars, working high-power computers, spare android parts, cannons, weapons, communication devices, better lighting, and ultra-modern commander-style chairs. Deluxe version.

The pink android turned a computer on, connected her ports to it and began downloading some bits and pieces of information from the news network. Shurikane had just finished hiding a new batch of weapons.

"I've put four pairs of Charger Vulcans in the fourteeth panel. Mark it down."

"Noted!" Elenor replied.

The black and neon-green android then turned to a freezing box, from which she took a small container and a needle, and stored it into a side panel of hers.

"Who's our next member?" Elenor queried.

Shurikane turned her head slightly, for her voice to carry over to her teammate.

"Blue-type RAcaseal Special K. Soon enough, Insa-K."

Elenor opened a new notepad file and jotted down a few lines of codes.

"Configuration?"

"I need a hollow shaft in her hairpiece, separation techniques, thruster bow, and paw-morph modes. I think she'll love the idea of being a tank."

The computer was suddenly hacked into using Shurikane's extendable demi-spike. She downloaded the newly saved procedure and configuration files, and then double-checked with her organism to see if everything would work out. Soon as the affirmative was heard, she was out and heading back to Pioneer II in her Kaseri Wildsider Custom TX-5.

Elenor disconnected from the computer. She began looking at the security screens in turn, patiently waiting for the return of the third member.

Man, this whole organization's gonna be a lot more fun than I thought! She calculated. Evolution, comin' through!
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

::imagines an army of Insa-type androids:: O_O;;;

Scary...yet interesting. I want to see more...from the safety of this bomb shelter here...

::hides::

This all Insa-Elenor thing is getting big! And it's getting even more interesting as I read more about it! Sounds like it's far from over yet

*Beep*

"Listenin'"

"'Lenor." Shurikane whispered into the public phone. "BEE network's down, so I can't connect directly to you from Pioneer. Anyways, I forgot to scratch War Child off the list."

"Done already."

"Great! I'd also like a new procedure and configuration file for a certain Whatley; he's right next to me, he'll tell you the details."

Shurikane stepped away from the booth to leave place to a large, white ranger android. He began asking away for a series of upgrades, namely napalm hands, a new look, and some beast DNA that he took care to whisper, not even letting Shurikane hear. She took the set from him when he was done.

"Code four-four?"

"Poison Lily!" Elenor replied. Shuri could just imagine the broad grin on her teammate from stating that.

"Alright. I'll see you in twenty."

She hung up and turned to the RAcast.

"Welcome to the group Whatley." She stared at him harshly while keeping a somewhat neutral tone. "I want you at the teleporter number seven, in fifteen beats. My teammate will be preparing the mixture and installation while I'm gone. Rules are simple: avoid contact with hunters, don't kill civilians, and keep in touch with us as much as possible."

Whatley nodded.

"Keep it going; we'll be famous." He said while raising his fist.

"Republic Insa, coming through." Shurikane replied with ceremony, as she lightly hit the fist with her own, for lack of a safer handshake.

Without any further ado, Whatley was off, and so was the RAcaseal. She took an elevator to the rooftops, and found another RAcaseal, of blue color, waiting beside the remains of a rusted freighter. Her hairpiece was set into a ponytail fashion, and she was as tall as they came. Yet, just an inch short of Shurikane.

Both androids went into the freighter. Shurikane produced the needle and blood mixture.

"You hadn't specified any preferences, so we've put you down as a tank."

The other found herself quite disgusted by the word.

"A quick tank." The hybrid added, following her words was a complex schematic of the configuration file, which made the new member nod and wave her fingers in a "gimme!" manner, anxious to become her new self.

"Special K, welcome aboard, Insa-K." Shurikane said with a broad grin as she injected the mixture. One fourth in the hairpiece, one fourth in the back, and one fourth in each hip. Her semi-organic spike hacked into the motherboard and hard drives, uploading and installing the procedure and configuration files.

The new Insa-K took a step back, and she felt her hair piece with her hands. It grew somewhat bigger, and then nearly exploded with blue blood. The piece split into several components, to then regroup into its original shape, only lined by obvious black line patterns.

Her arms and legs were the next to take a change. The joints deformed and reformed into a new configuration, not visible from the outside, yet clearly marked by several bright green dots: shields. Those shields extended down her spine, where her back was now adorned with a complex black organic tattoo.

"Tank mode." Shurikane ordered.

Insa-K nodded, took a backflip, and was now on four legs, her hands coverted to paws, her feet upgraded with more flexibility to switch between both modes.

"Machine gun."

The hair piece split into eight flat parts, each with a part missing in the middle. The U formed by this absence of metal was adorned with several pulsating blue dots.

"Heavy gun."

And when they regrouped, the hole was now obvious: it was a nicely hidden Chaos Bringer cannon.

Insa-K flipped back to her normal self. Her skin was now bright green, phosphorescent using a Skinglo function.

Both androids quietly left the freighter, and took the elevator down to teleporter number seven. Whatley was already waiting for them.

And down below, on Ragol, Elenor had all the files ready for a new transformation.

Certifiably Normal

o.O Manymany Isnas...oooh...

but I wanted to take over the world...

..so I'll just take over this corner. =P

Nice fic. Good to see you doing more of this.

*tappity-tappity-tappity...*

NAME: Special K
    NICKNAME: Insa-K
    CLASS: Insa series NewS RAcaseal C-Type 2, Chaos Crossbreed.

LEVEL OF INFECTION:
    • Limbs: Joints, hands and feet.
    • Abdomen: 14% circuitry.
    • Chest: 77% of circuitry, armor.
    • Head: Hair piece, eyes.

CHAOS SPECIFICATIONS:
    • Limbs: Increased leg and arm speed. Joint shields, paw conversions, shock-absorber organic skeleton. Four-legged conversion for faster running and cannon stability. Hand claws.
    • Abdomen: Resistant-proof main organic circuitry.
      Chest: Plate armor, increased reflexes, resistant-proof circuitry, organic heat sinks.
    • Head: Ponytail-style hair piece with 22.5mm radius Chaos Bringer cannon, separable into eight photonic components and/or Chaos Bringer weakened cannons. Rotative piece for machine gunning. Enhanced eyes with sniper lock-on and target distance reporting, nature, and class.

NAME: Whatley
    NICKNAME: Insa-Tley
    CLASS: Insa series KL RAcast C-Type 5, Mutant Lily crossbreed.
    COMMENTS: Had not been converted yet. (Elenor)

LEVEL OF INFECTION:
    • Arms: Hands.
    • Abdomen: Internal chips, secondary RAM, secondary hard drive.
    • Chest: Detection and sensory systems, primary RAM and hard drive, CPU and heat sinks.
    • Head: Face.

MUTANT LILY SPECIFICATIONS:
    • Arms: Black medium range napalm-thrower left hand. Short range heavy-damage edition Triple M-petal system with Chewer Teeth, fuel-to-flame napalm system, and close-mouth fighting spike in right hand.
    • Abdomen: Backup organic RAM and hard drive.
      Chest: Corrupted system files resulting in 32% decrease in boot-up time, enhanced semi-organic CPU, heat sinks, and RAM. Organic hard drive reader and writer heads with 19.9% increase in both capabilities. Organic combat radar system.
    • Head: HUD display, 25mm radius long-range napalm-thrower cannon implanted as mouth; lined with F-Processor teeth.

Shurikane gave a map to Insa-K, who disappeared into the transporter. Whatley was about to follow, but found himself unable to move.

"You stay here." Shurikane ordered before removing her hand from him, as she went into the porter. No later than a minute, she was back into Pioneer II.

"Alright, let's go. We're heading for King Street."

King Street rings a bell for many people. Shurikane had called up no less than a stretch limo to journey over to the roundabout plaza, where several other androids were waiting.

Those spectators were of all kinds and all colors; hunters, rangers, industrial workers, secretaries, independents, from every social class and quality. Some battered, some shining; but all were expecting the big show to begin.

The introduction was spectacular. Out of the limo stepped out Shurikane clad in an expensive black gown. Her hair had been put back into its original configuration, her fingers curled up to look halfway normal, hidden into a pair of black gloves. Whatley followed her out.

The two androids scanned the crowd for a few seconds, before the female got on with the speech.

"Before I do anything; who among you have never heard of me yet? Raise your hand!"

Unsurprizingly, a lot did. Only the hunters didn't move at all, and maybe a few secretaries. But the industrial workers had all raised it. This came up to a pretty good percentage.

"Alright then! My name is Shrike "Shurikane" Nainsev. I am a new self-created type of hybrid that has been given both the qualities of androids and organic creatures, without their weaknesses. After a fight with a Delsaber that led me into a teleporter to Pioneer II, I came out with a look and style far more than the common android; and to say frankly..."

In a rehearsed dramatic move, she ripped her gown off, and her gloves simply went into pieces as she unfolded her fingers. Her knife-hair deployed, and in the view of spectators was now a female android, with a sharpened skirt, and a gigantic pair of clawed Delsaber hands.

"...It kicks ass." She finished, baring her sharpened teeth.

The crowd was in awe, at least those who didn't know her. With the help of Whatley, Shurikane then demonstrated some combat techniques using the claws, and the shields integrated into them. Afterwards, Whatley stepped aside to let her to a speech once again.

"I've found a procedure which will now allow any android to be upgraded to the new Insa type; my race. Whatley, if you'll please step over here, I'll make you famous!"

Whatley had been informed about the whole show beforehand, so he gave away a chuckle as he approached. Three injections: One in the head, one in each arm. Shurikane dove her spike into his body, and installed the files.

Soon enough, Whatley grew a huge grab-claw on one of his hands, similar to the petals of a lily. Once the morph was over, he opened his chest plate, letting Shurikane install the napalm unit, replace his other hand, and then install the teeth unit on the newly formed hole in his head.

"Hit it!"

On cue, the droid demonstrated the capabilities of his new napalm units. The crowd was impressed, very impressed.

A cellphone rang. From the limo, someone threw it at Shurikane, who anwered the call. A silence fell, almost. The constant noise of vehicles was still around them.

As she listened, she tried to retain a smile... But couldn't. One second later, she was laughing her processors off.

"Hey, people! Guess who's calling to stop us!!" She shouted to her audience with a wide grin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2002-04-21 06:17 ]</font>

Hmmm...I wonder who could be on the phone? O_o?

Hehe, Shurikane's a natural showman; she's got them all eating out of her hand! And after a demonstration like that, it'd be very hard to resist joining the evolution.

*tappity-tappity-tappity*

Update to SpecialK.nsa

SPECIAL MOVES
    • Ram Bar: Dashes towards opponent on four legs, stunning target.
    • Spread Sonic: Fires Chaos Cannon at an angle to the ground, creating a shockwave to knock target down.
    • Terra Machina: Splits hair piece into eight different components, and spins them into a circular motion while firing machine guns.

DESPERATION MOVES
    • K Dash: Kicks target four times in the chin, sending it into the air on the fourth one, then stabs her Chaos Cannon into target and firimg immediately.
    • Grand Spread: Stands in balance atop her Chaos Cannon, and fires repeatedly, sending ring blasts around her as defensive measure.
    • Wheel of Fortune: Splits hair piece into eight different components, and spins them into a circular motion while firing separated weakened Chaos Cannons. The shots are less numerous, but much more accurate and devastating.

Update to Whatley.nsa

SPECIAL MOVES
    • Strike Three: Fires all available napalm units at one target.
    • Blood's Fountain: Fires heavy napalm hand upwards, creating a defensive fountain around himself.
    • Devil's Friar: Grabs to opponent with medium napalm hand, and fires until body area is completely destroyed.

DESPERATION MOVES
    • Volcano Carnage: Curls up into a ball while using all available napalm units to turn into a veritable fireball, and roll on top of its targets.
    • Flame Orage: Fires heavy napalm cannon at maximum power, raining death upon all nearby opponents.
    • Rich Mixture: Brags to opponent, encasing as much of the target as possible into lily claw-hand, and fires heavy napalm cannon until all reacheable area is destroyed.

920 Quit

The limo rental was over. Shurikane sent the overly visible vehicle away as she shouted into the cellphone.

"There's only one problem with your demand; I don't feel like following it!" She snapped. "So if you don't like what I'm doing, it doesn't matter to me, because you'll be forced to accept it! Dig?"

A brief silence, although everyone could hear angered words coming out of the cellphone. The RAcaseal hung up.

"Alright people, Tyrell is angry at us and the cops are comin'. So run like hell! Me and Whatlet will be your cover. Go!!"

The crowd of androids dispersed in a flash. They went to their own vehicles, took taxis, or jumped right on top of heavy freighters. Whatley hopped on one of them, quickly to be followed by Shurikane. The other androids on the freighter jumped from vehicle to vehicle, until they reached a building where they could escape. However, the two Insas stayed on the freighter.

"My Wildsider's parked four miles away. If we can get there before the cops find us, everything will be all right." Shurikane said as she knelt down on the freighter.

"Nice, but where is this thing headed for?" Whatley queried.

"I have no idea... If it happens to take the wrong turn, we'll have to jump rooftops until we get there."

Whatley went to the front of the freighter, another idea in mind. He knocked on the windshild and signaled the driver to open the window.

"Take a right, then take a left right here. Either this, or your truck buys the farm, you included!"

The napalm cannon was a very good argument, and the driver complied very easily. Several cars honked as the freighter took a wide right turn on the wrong lane, but the driver was doing his best to keep up with the plan.

Whatley heard a shout from where Shurikane sat.

"Cop cycles! They've found us!"

"Jump?"

"Hell no! Fire! Fire!!"

Napalm flew out of Whatley's hand, and his long rage mouth-cannon followed suit. The air bikes were nimble and easily avoided the slow blasts of heat coming at them, but one from the trio fell anyways. And now, Shurikane was sitting on it.

She has no weapons, but drove over to the closest cop and managed to slash him on the back. The shots fired back where deflected by her Delsaber shield, but they were coming much too fast. She couldn't strike without letting her guard down.

A bike exploded. As the last cop looked to see the fireworks, his error was instantly pointed out by four angers piercing his throat.

Whatley had hopped out of the freighter by this time and had begun to run on the rooftops, following Shurikane as she led him to the building where she had stored the car. She could see several more bikes, including one armored car coming at them.

They had two minutes.

"Don't more, you're under arrest."

"Make me."

The lights were turned on. Eight guards had a pair of machine guns each aimed at the car.

"You let yourself kindly get escorted to the station, or your car gets it. Your move."

"You are taking my car in hostage?!"

Shurikane couldn't believe what she saw. Indeed, it wasn't a friend, it wasn't a member of the family. Those idiots had decided to threaten her on the sake of her favorite mode of transportation!

She called up for her wireless program.

At go, we kill them as fast as possible. You take the left... GO!

She dashed for the guards on the right. The slash on the first guard was muffled by the noise of seven more pairs of machine guns. She brought up her shields, but they encountered no resistance.

"What the-- Son of a bitch!!"

She shrieked at the top of her lungs. The nearest two guards reached for their ears, clenching their teeth in pain. She reached for the last one on her side, picked him up by the legs, and spun him around, each revolution hitting his head on the hard pavement floor, as she reached peak velocity, she arched back, the guard still in her hands, and sent him flying straight for the two others. In a matter of seconds, they were caught into a mass of their own limbs, a Delsaber shield brought down on them, the extreme pressure imploding their bodies into a spectacular amount of gore.

The lights blew out, but on the other side, all she could see was smoke. Much of it from the fried guard...

...Much of it from her own car.

She walked around it, and opened the hood. The air intakes were pierced, many of the lights shattered, and the internal engine was leaking from everywhere. She could see the antigrav generators' glow dim as each second passed. She slammed the hood down.

"Shit!!"

She punched it. Whatley stood back, not willing to be the middle man in this one-sided conversation.

Shurikane grabbed for the cellphone.

"'Lenor? Yeah it's me. Those bastards fried my car and we've got cops heading our way. Two against a dozen, maybe more. Are you and K ready? OK, great! Be there as soon as you can, I don't care by which means you do this. Oh! And bring me one mixture of sorceror blood, and one of shark blood. I'll see if I can get to my next meeting anyways with all that bullshit around me."

The windows of the building shattered as bikes rushed in. The armored car made a pass with a heavy photon cannon, barely missing her in the process.

"RUN!!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2002-04-22 19:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2002-04-22 19:20 ]</font>

Shurikane immediately found herself flat on the floor by a vicious hit to the face from one of the bikes. The next thing she knew, she was falling down a narrow shaft, the tips of her feet scraping the concret sides.

"Grab on to something!" She heard.

Immediately, she got her senses back and dove her claws into the wall. Whatley had hung on to her body as she got a grip, but it was clear that the female android didn't like it at all.

"Get off me; you weight a friggin' ton!"

The RAcast spread his legs to get a balance from both walls.

"Where did you drag me into?" The RAcaseal asked.

"We're into an elevator shaft. I pulled you along as I kicked the door open. Now the cops will have to search the whole building for us."

"They won't take long. We need to hurry out of here as quickly and as stealthily as possible."

Whatley shook his head.

"You think we look like normal androids? The cops'll spot us as soon as we leave. And they'll know that whatever vehicle that exists this abandonned building will have us in it."

"Well then what do we do?"

Whatley took a few steps down and opened a door.

"First, we need to locate the closest building, and then jump into it. Once there, we'll hop from one to the next while the cops search this place."

"Think they are listening to the cell waves?"

"Tyrell called a cellular phone and you spoke into it. (He sighed) He must assume that it's still in your hands."

The two androids had found the nearest building. It was an office center, and to top their streak of luck, a RAcaseal was sitting in the room they were looking at.

Shurikane managed an easy three-foot jump into the room, careless of the window shards. She quickly hacked a 24-hour hibernation into the panicking android before taking hold of the room's phone.

"We've got an alternative!... Yeah, Kestra? It's me, I'll be a few minutes late... Thanks, bye!"

She dialed again.

"I want to speak to Ekken. Now. Ekken, it's Shrike. I need a Wildsider straight out of your garage. What's your latest? Custom TX-5? Okay, you have twenty-five minutes. Ten percent bonus if you make it in time, five more if you don't do any paperwork... No; Ekken I need your silence on this, dig? I'm your best customer, I think you can do me a favor once in a while, huh?! Thank you."

Shurikane motionned for Whatley to follow, and she dashed off into the corridors towards the opposite side of the building. They repeated the procedure until they reached the fourth one; an apartment building.

"We need to reach room FNF404... Gotta go a floor down."

They noticed a RAcaseal impatiently waiting outside her room. It was Kestra. She immediately went inside as she saw Shurkkane and Whatley, but left the door open. Both androids came in and locked the door behind them.

"I heard they were looking for you." Kestra stated in a neutral tone.

"You catch up onto the news quickly." Whatley said with a bit of sarcasm. "Now we don't have much time, and you'll be out savior for this operation."

"Wow, cool."

Shurikane felt something wasn't right.

"You should, be, like, happy; you know?!"

Kestra shook her head.

"I have no emotion chip. My owner took it off for convenience. I serve here as cook and cleaning lady."

"Another slave?! Well you aren't the first one, I can confess that. Alright, one half in the chest (she took out the needle and blood) and one half on the forehead. Extend the simu-skin there so that I may poke through it."

It only took a few minutes for the android to change. Her old purple and green configuration had taken on a more violent contrast: deep violet clashing with a greenglo function. Her ponytail hair was now adorned with an integrated double-chainsaw, and another eye had taken place on her forehead.

"What the..."

"Your focus isn't in yet." Shurikane interrupted. "Try to adjust it. Besides the vision inputs, that new eye of yours houses your most precious organic parts."

"Oh yes; I remember now!"

"I also uploaded an emotion file into you. It will be much more flexible than a chip, so you may have mood swings during the first few beats, but the file will hopefully learn with time."

Whatley had turned on the TV. All channels reported about a new so-called revolution, gang war, so far a one of them calling it a jihad.

"What the hell, a revolution?!"

Shurikane turned towards the TV, where she saw a blurry copy of her own self atop a freighter with Whatley talking to the driver.

"Well, let's call it a revolution then!" She exclaimed with a laugh. "Not only I'll build up a new race; I'll also stir up my own share of political shit just like in the movies. Gotta love stereotypes, huh?"

The others nodded. Whatley took a glance at the clock.

"We'd better head for the Kaseri garages."

Shurikane grinned.

"Right! And I have just found the way to get there. Kestra, this is where you'll come in handy."