Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

XD

Cool, I should go see the Doc more often ... sounds fun

sorry for long wait T_T

Chapter 6

Helena shifted her feet nervously, staring at the ground. What would she say? What would Kit say? What did Kit look like? The only thing she could remember to really tell Kit apart was her liking of yarn. Helena had bought a small ball of it, more as a prank gift, but it would turn out to prove quite handy. Every time she saw a blue haired hunewearl, she'd roll it out on the ground to see what they'd do. She saw a blue haired person walk by in the corner of her eye. She held the end of the ball in one hand, and rolled it out to that direction, and waited. But nothing happened. She sighed in frustration. "This is getting pointless, I've been waiting almost 40 minu..." she stopped thinking out loud when she suddenly felt the string be pulled from her fingers. Helena watched as the string was pulled around the corner. "Hmm? O_o" Helena walked around the corner, to see a blue haired hunewearl re-rolling the ball, crouched on the ground.

"Kit? o_O" she asked, wanting to make sure it was who she thought it was. The catgirl looked up. "Helena? =O_o=" Kit asked back, looking up at the racaseal. Helena was at a loss for words, she hadn't seen this person in years. She smiled nervously, scratching the back of her head "^- ^;;;;; .....". "Helena!!!!!! =^w^=" Kit happily yelled, springing from her crouched position and pounce-huggling Helena. Helena nearly lost he balance at the impact of the hunewearl, stepping back a bit. Kit backed up a bit, and looked at Helena from head to toe. "=O_o= wow.. You've grown over 3 years =^w^=;" she commented, noticing the Helena was almost as tall as her. "Don't know I got this big, I mean mom and dad are both kinda short... >_>" Helena shyly responded, not really knowing what to say. "Sooo into guys yet? ;3" Kit winked, teasing Helena. "What!? O_o not looking yet, although the asshole at the teleporter won't stop looking at me -.-" Helena mumbled, a bit embarrassed. "Well, I guess you want to get into the caves =^w^=;" Kit tried to change the subject, which Helena seemed uncomfortable with. She went to the bank and got her equipment, before the two went to the teleporter, Helena noticeably trying to hide behind Kit as they walked past the guard. Kit activated the transporter, and the two suddenly disappeared. All they could see at the moment as a dark abyss, a with bright lights and sparkling circles flying past them as they were rushed to the caves below.

Helena fell to the ground, gasping for air as soon as they reached the surface. Kit grabbed Helena's wrist, pulled the long glove back, and quickly pressed a few buttons on her wrist monitor. A sizzle was heard as the racaseal was enveloped in a blue shield, which quickly dissapated in colour to a crystal clear. Helena caught her breath, and got back on her feet. "What was that!?" She asked Kit, already scared from not being able to breathe momentarily. "Its too hot here, have to put on environmental shield before coming down, too much humidity in the air as well =^w^=;;" she answered, thinking Helena would of known that at first. Helena withdrew her mechguns, and cautiously walked towards the first room, followed by Kit brandishing her srank claw. Helena waited for the door to open, and her eyes widened in surprise and fear at the sight. The room was breaking apart, small black islands of ground floating in a giant pool of magma. Streams of fire and lava would sometimes shoot from the ground, making an arch before falling back down into the pool, splashing on a few pieces of ground, turning whatever it hit into ash. "This is the caves!? X_x" Helena asked, sort of whining, Kit, never seeing such an inhospitable place before. "Don't worry, it's better after this, this is the only room you need to watch where you step ;3" Kit quickly answered before rushing into the room, jumping from island to island. Helena gulped, and soon followed into the hell-hole.

Yes, an update!! More fic makes me more happy. Keep the chapters coming!

woot! nice ^_^
    Kit: *shoves gryph out of the way*
    Kit: MEOW! Kit is a star! :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Her chest is a cat, too.

Looks like updates are going to have to be weekly due to time being restricted - personal stuff, school, homework, etc x_X

Chapter 7

Helena did her best to keep up with Kit, but moving slowly as to not fall through the cracks. She was scared, the average person would find running around in a room like this suicide. Kit seemed right at home, and Helena was beginning to wonder if it was just plain skill or pure craziness. ~Tap! Tap! Tap!~ Kit's agile landings could barely be heard. That was of course, until she landed in the middle of the room, and a loud ~CRUNCH!~ was heard. Kit looked at the bottom of her boot, to see a squished mantis-like bug. "Blech! Gross =X_x=" Kit complained, trying to wipe her boot off on the ground. The sudden noise caused the before dormant creatures to awake. The ob liliy's petals burst from their curled position, revealing the creature's mouth. A group of Vulmers revealed themselves, leaving their cool burrows in the wall. The creatures hungrily eyed the intruders, and soon deemed them to be a decent breakfast. The Vulmers hungrily ran towards Kit, the Ob Lily staring at Helena.

Kit just stood there, waiting for just the right moment. Just as the beast was about to slash at her, she lunged at it, using her own and the vulmer's forward momentum to drive the photon claw into the heart. Kit turned the claw, enlarging the wound and slicing the vital organ to pieces. She withdrew the claw and ran off to attack the next opponent, the mortally wounded vulmer collapsing to the ground. Helena darted from where she was standing, and started firing at one of the attackers, trying to ease some pressure off Kit. She watched in horror as her bullets did nothing. They hit the vulmers, but just fizzled into nothingness while they continued trying to assault Kit. To make matters worst, the flying streaks of green had attracted the attention of one of the creatures. It turned and started running towards Helena, the rage visible in its eyes. Helena ran to the left, trying to get out of danger's way- and the Ob Lily struck. The vile plant reared its head back, and flung it forward, throwing its toxic megid encased seed at Helena. She didn't even know what happened as she felt the air being sucked from her lungs, and was unconscious before she hit the floor.

Kit had just finished off the second vulmer, which fell to the ground due to the massive scratch wounds in its face. As she turned to find the third one, she saw her friend's daughter near dead on the floor. Kit ran over to the girl, picked her up, and dashed out the door to the teleporter, rushing her to the hospital as quickly as she could.

Blackness

Nothing but blackness

Then brightness.

She slowly opened her eyes, to see three human/numan like shapes. As her eyes adjusted, she saw the nurse leave. To her left she saw Kit, who's face went from worried to relieved as Helena woke up. The moment Helena sat up, Kit huggled her, extremely happy to see that she seemed to be fine. "=T.T= you ok?" she asked, wanting to make sure her young friend was alright. "I feel alright, just a bit tired, a bit of a headache.." Helena answered groggily, holding her head. The familiar beep on an incoming mail was heard from the guild card list, sitting on the little table beside the bed. She opened the message, to see it was from Mome. It only contained a few sentences:

"The gun is ready. Meet me at the guild, I'll give it to you there." Helena read aloud, having no idea what the doctor was talking about. "Well, guess we better find out.." Helena suggested, while grabbing her clothes and going into the bathroom to change out of her hospital gown, and into her clothes and armour. "=O_o= Alright.." Kit said as she began to grab her things from the rom.

Meanwhile...

"I'd like to get a temporary permit please, as an instructor..." The blue haired man said to the guild secretary, who was typing away at the computer, the blue glow of the screen shining across her face. "Name" she asked in a tired, monotone voice. She didn't seem to like this job much. "Nakago" the man replied, getting out the papers he would need to get the purpose. "Section ID, clearance level?" she continued her questions, sounding like she could use a good nap. "Oran, level 169" Nakago answered once more, a bit impatient at the amount of time it was taking the secretary to enter the information. "Identification papers" she asked the next question, extending her hand to take them. He handed her the papers, and continued waiting. Registration was the most boring part of entering, leaving, or re-entering the guild. "Thank you sir, please take a seat, and we'll call you when your licence is ready" she waved him away, sipping her coffee. Nakago sat on a nearby seat and grabbed and idly watched the spinning purple crystal in a glass tube, surrounded by information computers. He often wondered what that computer was 4. He watched it spin, waiting for the time to pass before he could be legally aloud to go back to Ragol again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2002-05-19 10:02 ]</font>

I like the ''legal stuff procedures and all'' you have to do before ''legally'' goin down to ragol. If I had to go through all that every time I go to the forest, I'd be in jail for far too many illegal teleportations XD

Training Days, Chapter 8

The two approached the guild, to see a scientist in white standing by the door. Helena recognized him, he was the doctor she had to see when she had gotten sick as a child. He was holding a rather large, black case, and looked a bit worried. "Doc... doctor Mome?" Helena shyly asked, having not seen the person in the longest time. "Do I know you?" The doctor gave Helena a quizzical look, obviously not recognizing her. "It's me, Helena, WC's daughter..." she answered, trying to forgot the mass of painful needles he had stuck into her arm to give her a vaccine for this or a booster shot for that. "Ohhh, Helena, I remember you now. You were the one your mother had to hold so you couldn't run from the needles.." He was able to keep a straight face while saying this, sounding professional, and not like the idiot he made of himself when he had ventured into the mines. Helena remembered going for those needles, how WC had to hold her still. She hated the feeling of her arm being pierced, the needle pushing through her muscle, the liquid being forced into her arm. The first needle she didn't know what would happen, what to expect, and was terrified. The second she ran off as the doctor opened the door, only to be caught and brought back into the room by a nurse. The third she wiggled her arm free and swatted the needle away, shatterng it against the wall before he got another. The fourth she kicked Mome, and it got to the point where WC had to distract her the second the needle went in. Doctors were the only ones allowed to give sweets, only to children, and only small lollipops to cheer up the kids. WC would take one of these and offer it to her when Mome went to inject the needle. Pain turned to prick, and as long as there was a lollipop she didn't mind the following needles at all then. She wasn't scared of doctors or needles anymore, but the stories of her childhood were often quite embarrassing.

Helena gave Kit an annoyed look, watching as the catgirl tried her best to keep back the laughter. "=^w^=;;;; sorry... just.. *chuckle* didn't think you could be like that as a kid " Kit bit her lip as she apologized, trying not to laugh. "Anyway..." Helena tried to get to the point. "You said you had something for my mother. She can't come get it right now, I'll take it for her.." she said as she eyed the case in Mome's hands. "I can't give this to you, it's experimental, and I can't trust someone as young..."

"Here you go sir, your permit is valid for a month." The secretary said as she handed Nakago his temporary hunter's licence.

"What do you mean "Can't trust someone as young.." I'm a ranger just like her, just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm irresponsible.."

Nakago walked out of the guild, to see his daughter arguing with the doctor.

"You're not as experienced, and even if I could give this to you, I'm not, not without my payment!" he argued back, raising his voice to the tone of Helena's. "I was promised 400 000 meseta to make this, and I'm not giving it to anyone until I get that meseta!"

Nakago looked into his inventory to see how much money he had. 400 000 meseta. "There goes that tv I wanted to buy.. Oh well." He silently thought to himself, approaching the arguing scientist and ranger. He tapped the man on the shoulder. "Excuse me..." she tried to get into the conversation. The scientist abruptly turned around. "What do you want,. I'm busy!" He yelled, before realizing the status of the person he was talking to. He looked up and down, and backed away from the somewhat muscular man. He quickly lowered his voice and stepped back. "Heh heh.... can I help you?" He sounded nervous, afraid of retaliation- he wouldn't be able to fight back against a humar. Nakago took out the shiny yellow gem from his inventory. "This is 400 000 meseta..." he put the money into Mome's hand, before grabbing the case and handing it to Helena. "Come on, lets go Helena." He motioned with his head towards the transporter. "Dad?" Helena was confused- since when was Nakago allowed back on Ragol? "We have to go, your mother is expecting us home for dinner in a couple of hours." He grabbed Helena's hand, and started taking her to the teleporter. "Wa-wa-wa-wait! Just who are you? You don't even know what's in that case! You can't just..." Mome started to follow once Kit left to catch up with Nakago and Helena. Nakago didn't stop, but just looked back. "I'm her father- and if you talk to Helena like that again, I'll hold you down and you can be on the other side of a few needles." He answered in a stern voice, making his point clear. Nakago, Helena, and Kit walked into the teleporter, where they would be sent back to the caves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2002-05-19 11:44 ]</font>

only half of a chapter today, will write rest over the weekend

Chapter 9, Part A

Once again, back in the hellish place that is caves sector 1. Helena, sitting on the floor, opens the black case, to see the strangest contraption in her life. "What the...." she thinks out loud as the lifts the gun from the case. "Is this a yaskimov 9200, an ano rifle, or a mechgun? O_o" Helena asked, holding the weapon in her hand. The gun had the handle of a mechgun, the barrel and aiming mechanism of an ano rifle, and the handle of an srank mechgun. Nakago looked at it oddly. "She always said she wanted a rifle that fired like a mechgun, but this is going overboard.. o_O Then again she hated being called weak because she couldn't use the 9200's or the ano.." Kit, eager to continue on, had already stepped into the first room of the caves. "He..hey wait up!" Helena yelled, turning the safety off on the gun and following Kit. Nakago readied his srank twin, and followed the two girls.

Meanwhile...

"I don't believe this..." WC muttered to herself, slipping on her armour. Mome had called he and told her what happened, and how the three left before Mome could tell them the specific dangers of the new weapon. She called her varaha, grabbed her srank rifle and ran out the door, but was stopped in her tracks as a wave of fatigue overcame her, forcing her to the ground. "What the hell..." she sat up, feeling tired. This wasn't normal, she decided to run a self-diagnostic.

--STATUS--

energy use- normal
    sleep-recharged battery level: 79%
    mechanical status- no damage found
    simu-skin status- no damage found
    status summary- fully operational
    CHILD

--

The letters at the bottom of the status report were letters she had not seen in around 3 years. "Child... this can't be..." she entered the directory, to see if it was just a malfunction.

--CHILD STATUS--

Gender- female
    eyes- blue
    hair- blue
    race- human with traces of android and hunewearl
    ears- pointed
    accelerated growth to compensate for mechanical systems in body
    due: 1 week
    status summary- healthy

--

WC couldn't believe her eyes. All she could do is sit there, looking at the status screen.

Continued in part B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2002-05-23 15:38 ]</font>

sorry for dividing this into 2 parts o_O just had the idea at the time of part a, wanted to get it down, thought I might of well have posted it O_o

Chapter 9, Part B

~zzzn SQRAAAAAA!!!~ The vulmers screamed as Nakago tore through them with his srank twin, moving in almost a dance-like motion. Kit, helping Nakago by distracting the vulmers, paused or a second, casting shift and deband on the group. All three of them felt a surge of power as the support spells took affect, everything seeming a lot lighter, their vision clouded in red and blue. "Now how the hell do you aim this thing..." Helena thought to herself, not recognizing the odd markings on the ano rifle's aiming mechanism. It was almost like it was marked with some racist-only code, possibly the reason why racaseals couldn't use it. "Well, here goes.." Helena took her best aim at the ob lily who was rearing its head back, and pulled the recoil, barely able to withstand the recoil, small explosions becoming audible within the weapon.~SKAREEE!!!!~ the ob lily only had a second to scream before hundreds of photon/lead hybrid bullets tore through it, the bullets tearing out chunks of the deadly plant's body as they exploded upon impact. "So that's how its done.." Helena grinned and aimed at the recently arriving melqueek, and depressed the trgger once more. Before it knew what hit it, the melqueek was dead on the ground, minus a few pounds of burned to a crisp flesh. ~Beep! Beep!~ Then gun blared, refusing to fire anymore. Helena looked at the glowing panel on the side

Photon Cartridge Exhausted. Eject? y/n

Helena looked back at the open black case, noticing many fresh photon cartridges..

--

"Damnit... damnit... damnit!!" WC thought to herself, running through the streets as fast as she could n her armour, under the strain of energy loss due to the child her in "womb". "An exhausted photon cartridge contains more explosive power than a stick of dynamite.. Nobody tells trains the new recruits this because it is very unlikely they'll have to change the photon pack, but with this gun.. If she drops that cartridge.." The teleporter was now in sight, WC actually panting for air. Her vision getting blurry, the energy strain of a baby, running at full speed, and trying to stay at full power was too much. She fell to the ground, friction skidding her to a stop. "Damnit... Helena.." WC blacked out, the emergency beacon going off over her body.

--

"Can't shoot anymore, of course yes.." Helena presses the why on the screen, the ~CHUNK~ being heard as the cartridge was launched forward from the gun. It didn't drop to the side like normal, instead it was catapulted forward, spinning as it flew. "What the.." The cartridge hit the ground, a large explosion knocking Nakago, Kit, and the vulmers to the ground. "No.. NO!" Helena yelled, running towards her fallen father, caring too much about her dad to realize the continuing danger. She didn't get too far though- the fire from the explosion started reacting with the gases in the air, creating a fiery explosion the enveloped the whole room. Instantly knocked unconscious from the blast, Helena dropped to the floor along with father and friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2002-05-25 21:15 ]</font>

fic on hiatus until I find some actual time- most likely friday night