Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Another one of my stupid thread creations. In this thread, you shall spit useless babble and information on subjects you are particularly fond of or have great knowledge in. So please join us in sharing little known knowledge and such...(this is almost an Off Topic worthy thread...maybe it is)

Allow me to explain the art of reading Tarot cards. There are 78 cards in a deck. Cards in a tarot deck are divided into 2 categories, major and minor arcana. The major arcana are 22 cards, each with a number. Each of these cards depict major situations in one's life, steps that we all take. They are (and usually in this order) The Fool, The Magician, The High Priestess, The Empress, The Emperor, The High Priest, The Lovers, The Chariot, Strength, The Hermit, The Wheel, Justice, The Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, The Devil, The Tower, The Star, The Moon, The Sun, Judgment, and The World. The fool is usually last or first. The last card, The World, describes mastery in one's life, understanding and wisdom in all things, while the Magician is only the start of the journey.

The Minor arcana are divided into four suits, similar to playing cards. Wands, Swords, Cups, and Pentacles. The order for each suit is Ace through Ten, then the court cards (or face cards) of Page, Knight, Queen, and King. Wands are cards that deal with mental forces, travel, and success. Swordds deal with action, impulse, and enemies. Cups deal with love, delusions, emotions, and friends. Pentacles deal with money, material possessions, earth, and business matters. They put the minor details into the Major arcana cards.

The is more to explain, perhaps, but that would take forever. I may decide to release some other knowledge I know of later on. So until then, my little darlings!

the meaning of life is 42...

the sky is blue as it reflects the oceans... or so it is said... although most oceans are green O_o;;

Stilton cheese although incredibly edlicious is just cheese left to go mouldy

Freddy Mercury is not really dead... he is atending a japanese high school somewhere... Sakigake Cromartie High School to be precise...

Baileys and Mlibu are positively nummy but under-rated due to them being tart drinks or not manly enough for you...

As far as most songs are concerned relationships are not meant to be... afterall we are just animals and sex is all that matters thus the most fertile of people are screwed to masses of brooding men...

ermmm... I've had a lil to drink and am pissing people off over instant messengers << shrugs >>

Here's one...I think.

Hippomostrosequippedaliophobia: n. Fear of long words.

I also think it's an actual word...

knowledge is power!
    sharing power can make u weaker.. >.>
    <.< since im weak >.<, i don't like to share.. lol
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Uh, okay, here's how to avoid the excessive cost of going to an eye-doctor by finding the strength of glasses you need by yourself! Unless you have a more complicated problem than near- or far-sightedness, that is...

What you will need:
    a meter stick
    a piece of paper w/ average-sized writing
    a handy formula: 1/di + 1/do = 1/f
    a calculator

Near-sighted:
    1. Hold the paper in front of your face, moving it closer or father until you reach the farthest point at which you can clearly read the words.
    2. Measure the distance between the paper and your eyes in meters.
    3. Add 1/(.02-the measured distance) and 1/infinity (which is essentially 0), and take the reciprocal. The answer is the power of lenses you need in diopters.

Far-sighted:
    1. Hold the paper as close as you can and still be able to read the words.
    2. Measure the distance between your eyes and the paper in meters.
    3. Add 1/(.02-the measured distance) and 1/.25m, and take the reciprocal. This answer is also the power of the lenses you need in diopters.

Yay, I'm bored~!

(something is wrong here...but what?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2004-06-16 19:29 ]</font>

A male Praying Mantis has a second brain near its abdomen, so when the female Praying Mantis is feasting on his head and thorax, he can still continue with the mating.

PWNED BY PHOTONDROP

ZDoom employs ACS for its scripting language.

JDoom is an OpenGL source port of Doom (2) which can support MD2 models and High Res textures.

The RX-75 Guntank, RX-77-2 Guncanon and RX-78-2 Gundam is Project V. Project Vs purpose to combat Zeons moblie suits.

The shotgun in Doom (2) fires multiple bullet shells which are right next to each other, instead of a single powerful bulet.

The Super Shotgun in Doom 2 is horrid at long range, due to the large spread of its bullets. None of the 10 bullets fired by it can kill something as simple as a Zombie if the target if far away.

In Doom 2, if a moster is attacked by an Archvile, it cannot attack the Archvile, due to the fact that the source of damage is the fire, not the Archvile itself. If the Archvile could be attacked, it can be killed by something as simple as a Hell Knight, due to the fact that it takes a long time for it to execute its attack, and has no melee attack.

On 2004-06-16 18:11, Dhylec wrote:
    Know you know...and knowing is half the battle!
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.

it's better to be a smartass then a dumbass

any matter moving at the speed of light has infinite mass (in theory)

I want Monty Python movies! (for free!)