Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2004-06-16 20:04, MT7218 wrote:
    Currently I have a level 140 Redria FOmarl that likes to melee... her current equipment are as follows...

Weapons:
    Cadecus (0/0/25/0/0)
    Plantian Huge Fan (35/20/25/0)
    Double Saber (0/0/0/0/0)(Rarely used anymore...)
    Holy Ray (25/0/15/0/0)
    Armor:
    Love Heart (4 slots)
    Slots:
    2 Elf/Arm++
    God/Battle
    Cure/Shock (For those annoying Hidelts and their Gizonde...)
    Sheild: Divinity Barrier (Unless I get something with better EIC, I may be keeping this for a while)
    Mag: Sato (25 DEF, 10 POW, 32 DEX, and 133 Mind)

The main thing I'm planning on changing is the mag she has (I'm gonna try piping that Irista when I get the sanity to pipe later on... >_>). There's WAY too much MIND on the Sato to melee, having to use Pow mats and those Elf/Arm++'s to be decent in melee. I would like to hear what some of you people would think would work better for her mag in terms of stats... It will be a Sato, like the one I have now, so try to put it in the limit so it could evolve into one ASAP... Also keep in mind I still want SOME MIND on the new mag, too.
    Wow. I'd love to play online with your melee FOmarl, to see how my FOmar compares o_O You know. It's fun XD

Let's see...

Caduceus is more of a casting weapon. Probably should keep it until you make the new mag for melee.

Double Saber isn't a bad choice, but if you are online, you should try to complete (Or get someone else to complete) challenge mode for an SRank Twin.

God/Battle is always good. And I'd personally go with slot ATA (Elf/Arms) over Dex on the mag anyways. The Cure Shock is really only useful in Mountain area, so I'd just deposit it until you actually venture into the mountains.

Alright, I guess I can't really help you with the shield, since I'm a Looks > Performance player, and my Best characters use the Rings for shields ^_^;;;

HUcast at Heart

It's true that the caduceus is a casting wep but I think all melee fos should still keep one cast wep for online play. *shrug* That's just the way I play though.

On 2004-06-16 22:20, Quo wrote:
    On 2004-06-16 22:14, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:
    This is the type of post I have been looking for because I have a level 50 Redria FOmarl and the mind mag isn't cutting it anymore. I might make a Bhima (spelling?) since I have one Nidra and few Satos I know I will not like the crappy shifta and Deband on that thing but I will just simply use my FOmarl's shifta and deband over it or just make another Sato or Nidra.
    Go with the nidra. Invincibility > mag s/d
    true I have always love invincibility over mag shifta/deband. I don't have enough Nidras yet, I hope once my FOmarl reaches Ultimate mode the invincibilty would work like it suppose to. I.E. when my life goes down, bar full and when I enter a boss fight.

Old Man

My meelee fo still kind of sucks, so I'll have to level him up a bit more to really be of any help (Fomar - Yellowboze - looks good, meelees bad - lvl 94).

However, I play quite a bit with a couple of fos who meelee quite well for a living. One pretty much uses the Scorcerer's Arm, tags the room with Z&J and starts whipping up on baddies. If they get too close, he blasts with a couple of Rabarta shots or a little Gifoie to keep em busy, and goes on doing the whack-daddy all the live long day.

The other fo lives with his mechguns. He freezes stuff, tags it and then blows the room away with tat-a-tats.

They both are quite high level and really know how to play the game well. Both fos use SATOS for the frequent invincibility with a lean towards Power on the stats.

That's kind of what I plan on doing with my FO as well.

On 2004-06-16 20:04, MT7218 wrote:
    Currently I have a level 140 Redria FOmarl that likes to melee... her current equipment are as follows...

Weapons:
    Cadecus (0/0/25/0/0)
    Plantian Huge Fan (35/20/25/0)
    Double Saber (0/0/0/0/0)(Rarely used anymore...)
    Holy Ray (25/0/15/0/0)
    Wee, helping melee FOrces is fun.

Er, anyway. I'd ditch the Caduceus and Double Saber. Caduceus is more of a tech-casting weapon, and Double Saber is kinda weak. Get a nice S-Rank Twin, or some kind of dagger than FOrces can use (like P-Arm's Blade or Twin Chakram). Otherwise, nice stuff.

Armor:
    Love Heart (4 slots)
    Slots:
    2 Elf/Arm++
    God/Battle
    Cure/Shock (For those annoying Hidelts and their Gizonde...)
    Sheild: Divinity Barrier (Unless I get something with better EIC, I may be keeping this for a while)
    Mag: Sato (25 DEF, 10 POW, 32 DEX, and 133 Mind)
    Your armor and units are great. Er, you might wanna get God/Arms. Secret Gear would be nice, or Attribute Wall. Tripolic Sheild is also possible, or even Safety Heart, if you're insane.

The main thing I'm planning on changing is the mag she has (I'm gonna try piping that Irista when I get the sanity to pipe later on... >_>). There's WAY too much MIND on the Sato to melee, having to use Pow mats and those Elf/Arm++'s to be decent in melee. I would like to hear what some of you people would think would work better for her mag in terms of stats... It will be a Sato, like the one I have now, so try to put it in the limit so it could evolve into one ASAP... Also keep in mind I still want SOME MIND on the new mag, too.
    Okay, new stats on Mag...I'd say, for a high-level FOmarl such as yourself, stats of like 5/100/50/45. Nice Dex and Mind, nice power boost.

Good luck on Iritsia, you'll probably need it. XD

Actually, how many power materials did you take?

If you took over 90 power mats, you may not need more than 50 power on your mag to max her ATP.

If your FOmarl is level 140, the real question is not what your mag should be, it is what are your stats. If we knew those we could give you better information on what to do.

At that level, your ata should be maxxed at 170. Your atp should be around 800+ as the max is 872. If you have those stats, then you need to change nothing. Any extra stats should go in mind or defense.

Alright, I've managed to raise a new Sato. It's a gray one, but I'm glad I was just able to make one. It's current stats are 8/25/47/25 which gives me the stats of 668 base ATP, 162 base ATA (and I took off one of the Elf/Arm++s, as I don't need it's boost that much anymore), and base MST of 838. I'm gonna raise the Dex stat to 50 and concentrate on the other ones... how much should I put into that POW stat? I was planning on going to make it stop at 95, and make a 8/95/50/47 Sato, but that puts me dangerously close to my max ATP with 60 more levels to go... MST doesn't mean too much to me as a melee FO outside of just having some more TP to use S/D/J/Z/Resta/Anti, so it's a tough descision...

Edit: I forgot to mention that she can still use materials. How many more can she eat I don't know, but her luck is a piddly 26, so I'm holding off on material consumption untill I am satsfied with her luck stat or maxt on mats, obviously depending which comes first. What would be a good goal for her for her luck stat stopping point?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MT7218 on 2004-06-18 00:36 ]</font>

C mode Force

Depends how patient you are! I got my Humar up to 86 luck but it took a long time.

I would go to at least 80 luck.

You can always make a new mag, maxing atp early is good, not bad

And you should always have maxed ata, always.