Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is my first fan fic so don?t be to hard on me I have some experience in writing *if you checked out my profile you would see my occupation, Well here ya go:

G.H.O.S.T. : Legacy of Vengeance

Chapter One

The Journey Begins

Screams...Shadow...Flame...Death..."Jane! Help me!"

Jane awoke with a start, the dream of last winters chill still fresh in her mind...the death of Nathan Graves, fellow G.H.O.S.T. Operative...and closest friend. Killed in battle against the Sonu, neither living nor dead...neither human, nor beast, nor newman, but a dark race, that had spread across Ragol in an attempt to revive the Dark Being.

The wind whistled through the partially open window of Jane Corona's Apartment, in Taki, a small run down city on Ragol.

Jane Corona, or G.H.O.S.T.09, as she was known to her fellow Hunters and friends, rose out of bed and walked toward the window, the moon and starlight reflecting upon her face and across her sapphire blue eyes. Her long golden hair fell just inches below her shoulders. She slowly slid the window up and gazed out into the Forest of Ragol; Central Dome not but 2 miles off shining in the distance.

She stood there for what seemed like hours, but could only have been minutes. Watching, listening...thinking. Her past was shrouded in mystery...no one knew of it, not even her.

That was one reason why she joined the G.H.O.S.T., to find out her past, though the answer never came...over the course of a few short years, she became second in command to the G.H.O.S.T.

Dawn was approaching and the first of the golden light rose over Central Dome, the cool summer breeze started to flow more vigorously through the open window as it became a swift wind.

Something stirred in the forest off toward the west, and flocks of birds flew upward and into the rising sun. Hundreds of them...trees swayed and 09 felt a sudden rush of excitement...this could be her chance to avenge Nathan's death, or either to discover her past.

She quickly went toward her black and red uniform; her red and orange Rati resting by it, the Rati was buzzing softly in sleep mode. 09 stopped halfway before reaching her uniform and looked down at her night-table, her G.H.O.S.T. Crest lay on it, the sapphire jewel, surrounded with silver limbs branching off in different directions. She picked it up and placed it on a silver chain and slipped it over her neck. In one swift swipe she grabbed her uniform and started to put it on. After pulling on her black leather boots, and her red cap, *crooking it to one side as she always did*. 09 placed on her camouflage make-up. Streaking it across her tan skin, the softness of her skin welcomed the comfort.

Afterward she grabbed her Photon Knives, and placed them into her belt, taking up her Varista she slipped it into he gun-holder strapped to her right leg, next grabbing her rifle;
    Black-Moon, she set off down the stairs and into Taki, not looking at any of the waking townsfolk as she hurried out, 09 went straight into the Forest of Ragol in the morning's first light.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter I'll post more when they are done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-18 23:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-22 19:44 ]</font>

I hope your not pulling a Ladyredcomet on us. (Meaning that you have written stories, just not based on PSO). I say this because for a first fic, this is fantastic. Bit short but that is fine as long as future chapters are longer. Keep it up.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

its pretty good, although its damn short.

description is somewhat lacking, although that doesent seem to be too much of an issue.

personally, i think you should make a chapter in wordpad or something similar, then write another chapter with it. then go over everything twice, making sure for plot consistency. (something i did origonally, but then stopped doing since the ficcie fell through)

Thanks glad you guys like it, I know its a little short, the other ones will be longer. Umm skett, i have written other stories not based on PSO

EDIT: added more to chapter 1 *also added the Rati* "How could i forget the most important character?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-06-21 08:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-06-21 08:33 ]</font>

Chapter Two

The Catacombs

The ground was wet and soft from the early morning dew, small whisps of clouds moved slowing across the waking world, and 09 was moving swiftly and silently into the forest. Her training in G.H.O.S.T. coming to use once again.

She stepped into the dark shadows of the forest, and slowed her walk. Black-Moon strapped across her back and her rati buzzing softly behind her. She grabbed her Varista and continued on. The sun's light barely broke through the canopy of leaves above. 09 became one with the shadows.

"Move in shadow." She whispered to herself.

"Move in silence."

A hollow wind seemed to have made its way this deep into the forest, sending chills up her spine. Something moved up ahead, and several trees shuddered at its power. 09 cautiously moved up ahead, a soft trickle of sweat coming off her brow.

With her left hand she reached down and grabbed a Photon Knife and moved to a tree close to where the thing rested.

The hollow wind came again, 09 closed her eyes and suddenly heard Nathan's dying screams...calling for her to help him. She quickly opened her eyes and hissed to herself.

"Strike like fire." Then she moved. sending off three shots from her Varista and screaming as she thrust the Photon Knife into the neck of the beast that lay infront of her.

It was a Sonu, larger than the ones that had killed Nathan. 09 was horror struck by the shear size of the beast.

Dark skinned with light blue markins around the red eyes. Long silver hair, and giant horns shot from its forhead. Its huge and powerful body was garbed in black armor, its body was plain and didn't seem to show any markings except for those around its eyes. K C. 09 only glanced at them for a moment...but their picture was placed on her mind forever. She looked down into the cold red eyes of the dying Sonu.

She had never killed one before.

She had never touched one before.

She had never seen one die before.

The Sonu gurgled dark blood from its mouth as it uttered dying words, "You will not survive" With that its life left it, and its eyes ceased to shine red, but were now a empty blackness, which threatened to swallow 09's very confidence.

09 pulled out her Photon Knife and listen to the blood and skin of the Sonu sizle and burn away before placing it back into her belt with the others. Slowly she stood up, and pondered the Sonu's dying words: "You will not survive."

Survive what?
    Whatever it was...she would survive it.

She would. She knew it.

Dark clouds rolled overhead, the heavens were about to weep their tears. 09 word have some cover from the oncoming rain in the forest. But that was not her fear.

There would be no light to guide her.

Turning for a way out Jane Corona saw a white mist, flowing in an unreal manner that chilled the soul. and the hollow wind from before came again, and something moved in the mist.

09's Rati buzzed and boosted her offense and defense with Shifta and Deband.

"There is more of them here...aren't there?" She asked softly. Sheathing her Varista and taking Black-Moon off her back, she knelt down onto the wetting ground. 09 bruhsed her golden hair to the side and put her vision down the sight of her rifle.

Nothing moved.

All sound stopped.

Silence.

Suddenly 09 heard Nathans voice in her head, "It's testing you."

"What?"

"Fire now Jane, before its too late."

09 tighted her finger on the trigger and shot off several dazzling golden bullets straight ahead. Something gave a moan and fell to the earth, the white mist swirling up around it, the earth trembled and a whole opened in the ground close to where the beast had fallen. Jane stood up and placed Black-Moon across her back again.

She moved forward slowly exmaning her kill.

"That's right" She said softly to the beast, "You are dead, and im going to kill all of your friends." She paused. "Just like you did to mine..."

09 kicked the beast hard several times, this one was smaller than the last and didn't have any armor on. 09 continued to kick and she kick hard enough for the beast to roll over onto its back.

The eyes were still red.

It wasn't dead.

09 was struck dead in midkick, she hadn't killed it She moved to grab her Varista but was to slow. the Sonu had grabbed her leg and was picking her up with the last of its strengh. It dropped 09 down the hole where the white smoke now came from. Then fell down dead, its mission complete.

09 fell quickly, bet reacted even quicker; grabbing two Photon Knives she dug them into the shaft, and slowed her falling to a stop. For a moment she thought she might be able to climb out, but fate was against her. The earth shudderd and trees toppled, several covered the hole's mouth sealing her in the darkness.

The white mist was coming up from beneath her. The hollow wind as well, It was the presence of the dead. Jane pulled one Photon Knife out of the shaft wall and threw it down, where it stuck and gave her a samll green target to drop down to. It was only 10 or so feet away. 09 dropped when she released the other Photon Knife from its earthly prison, picking up her first blade she sheathed both of them and took out her Varista.

Slowly she moved down the hall that lay before her. A sicking smell of rotting flesh and earth filled her nostrils. The very air she breathed was choking her.

The ground was laden stone that had been placed there long ago, as she progressed onward the walls became smooth and the smell grew worse.

the mist swirled as she stepped through it, rats scurried next to her. Getting bored and frustrated 09 took target pratice on the flea infested vermins.

An hour passed, and the tunnel hadn't changed appearances at all, and the smell kept growing worse.

Jane Corona was bloody, dirty, tired, and confused. Finding a corner in the shadows she sat down and went to sleep.

Theres Chapter Two for you all, hope you liked as much as the first or better, I will try to post the next one later today or tommorow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-06-21 19:08 ]</font>

Umm side note i wont be here thursday - saturday so i will try to get to chapter four by wednsday. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Chapter Three

The Hauntings

Jane Corona awoke several hours later, her body ached from the awkward position she had slept in. Though despite that, she was rested and ready to continue her journey through the catacombs.

Her Rati behind her, she set off down the somewaht dark hall, the white mist still moving unworldly past her. No rats were seen, no sounds were heard except for her own footsteps. The reaking stench grew worse as she progressed.

09's hands were sweaty and covered in dirt and blood, the air was hollow, and that familiar and chilling wind came again, and vanished just as swiftly as it had come.

Voices were heard inside 09's head, tormenting her, teasing her at her lack of power. Laughing at her state she was in now. She did her best to ignore them as she continued. Slowly the jeering laughs and teasing voices left, and the sound of water came. ahead was an under-ground stream, which Jane knelt down and drank from it gladly.

She washed her hands and face, watching the blood, sweat, and dirt flow down into the water out away forever. Standing back up 09 splashed throught the water as she ran on.

The catacombs were slowly changing their appearance, niches were in the walls now, skeletons of those laid to rest.

The original inhabitants of Ragol

Small bones of animals littered the floor, and they crunched as Jane walked over them. A cold chill came once again as the hollow wind blew past 09; with it, it rose faces from the mist, beings of long ago, and carried them toward the walls.

The skeletons shuddered as the wind and spirits came into them.

down the hall Jane heard dark chanting.

Sonu Priests were raising the dead

09 moved to intercept the Sonu, but someting held her fast. Her Rati buzzed boosting her once again.

She was in for a fight

Sighing and taking out her Varista and one Photon Knife Jane Corona said, "Just like old times...06 would have loved this."

With that she spun around and sliced off the bone arm of one raised undead. Several more crawled from the niches grabbing for ancient weapons laid to rest with them.

Running footsteps were heard down the tunnel, Sonu were fleeing. 09 ran strait toward a wall and ran up it flipping back behind her oppents for the element of surprise. Decayed flesh hung from the bones of her attackers like torn robes. Sending off shots from her Varista and meleeing with her Photon Knife, she felled several enemies as more pressed on.

From the front, one skeleton grabbed 09's arm holding the Photon Knife, 09 muttered the first words and cast foie burning the arm and skeleton with it to ash.

More pressed up from behind 09, the famaliar ping from her Rati told her that it was time for Pilla, relasing the built up Photons the heavenly being shot its magical beams into the air to come crashing back to earth and burning 09's enemies to ash, smoking on the cool soft stone.

"That was funner than usual." Jane said with a grin and continued down the hall to find any clues to where the Sonu might have gone.

An altar was seen in a large room, with a silver basin set atop it. Black swirling liquid was inside it, steaming and hissing. 09 walked up to it and looked inside, she saw her relfection for a moment.

"Jane! Help me!" Nathan Graves' voice was heard inside her, and the image of that fateful day came back to her:

"Come along now 09!" Nathan shouted to her as they progressed they're way through the jungle toward the temple in the center.

Nathan's short brown hair swayed softly as her turned to look at 09. His green eyes locked onto hers, quickly turning away, he said.
    "We have about another mile."

The jungle air was thick, humid, and moist, large plants had to be sliced through as the two G.H.O.S.T. Operatives moved on their way.

"06 and 08 should be coming in when we put up the marker." Nathan smiled at Jane, as he swept her off her feet and grinned saying, "Her majesty, let me carry you across the dangerous ground."

09 laughed and smiled as her fellow G.H.O.S.T. swept her away toward the temple.

The cold and hollow air brought Jane Corona back to her senses. The reaking smell still afoot. 09 turned to examine the areas of the room and found the source to the smell.

Death The Ragol animals had been slaughtered and were being used for some dark purpose.

"But what?" 09 whispered to herself.

"Jane! Help me!" Nathan's voice rang in her ears once again.

"Could he have been used for a dark purpose like these animals?" 09 was struck in horror at the thought...leaving the room in fear she fled, dropping her Varista onto the cold stone floor. Her Knives followed, Black-Moon stayed. Jane cried as she left.

Though she didn't know it...the worst of the Hauntings was about to begin...

Hope you all like this one, I know its a little shorter..oh well, see you around!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-06-23 09:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-06-23 11:43 ]</font>

Chapter Four

A New Light

Bones crunched as 09 hurried onward, tears dripping off you face. The cool night air came swiftly as Jane stepped out into open air.

It was dark, and cool. The moon and stars were sparkling in the heavens. The soft twinkling seen through the trees.

The ground was moist from the earlier rain fall. Leaves from ages passed littered the ground, and several large trees could be seen from the quakes before.

Jane Corona stopped. She hadn't expected to come into the forest like this, or at least...so soon.

"Idiot!" She said to herself. Coming out like this, crying and running, she gave herself away. Quickly she hunched down and moved swiftly to a fallen tree. She reached down for her Varista, but realized she had thrown it down in anger and in fear.

"I needed that! You fool!" She hissed at herself again. The moonlight broke through the trees and shined on her, she looked up at it, wondering what secrets it held in all its time shining in the night for this cursed planet.

Something stirred in the brush ahead, 09 took out Black-Moon and zoomed in on her target. she was tighing to trigger, not even knowing what was there.

Slowly a figure came forth from the brush, 09 was about to fire until she heard the familiar voice of G.H.O.S.T.06 a trusted female Operative.

"Easy there 09!" 06 laughed as she came forward, she was young, near the same age as 09. Her hair was white and her face pale with her makeup. She too crooked her hat like 09 did, except hers was black. Her uniform was yellow and black and she wore black gloves that ended at her elbows *much like 09's* 06 was Jane's soul protector willing to die if it would save her commander.

"Jen, it is very good to see you." 09 smiled as she stood back up and walked toward 06.

"How did you find me?" Jane asked, placing Black-Moon across her back again.

"Your Rati. Don't you remember? All G.H.O.S.T.'s have a transmiter in their Rati's." Jen replied.

09 Sighed, she had forgetten that. "I see your Rati has grown more since we last met." 09 spoke softly nodding toward Jen's red and yellow winged Rati.

"Yes. Now come along, the Surpreme Commander is waiting for us."

06 led Jane through the forest quickly, both G.H.O.S.T.'s treading softly on the moist ground. In moments the 2 had come to a clearing, where S.O.U.L. The commander of G.H.O.S.T. was waiting, standing next to 3 hover-bikes.

S.O.U.L. was completely dressed in black, he wore a black helmet with a silver visor...09 had never seen his face. He bore no Rati, or mag whatsoever.

"I wish to know why you left and what happened." The commander hissed. Jane Corona related the events on what had happened over the last 24 hours.

She left out the parts of Nathan. Feeling it best.

"I see 09...never of that matters. Let's head back to Taki, get you some more weapons."

'Something is wrong. 09 said in her mind.

"Come along now." S.O.U.L. said and he and 06 each mounted a hover bike and motioned for 09 to join them.

'I can feel it.'

"Let's go!" S.O.U.L. shouted, Jen looked at her commander, she could feel it too.

'I can't act like I suspect somehting.'

With that she too mounted, and the three flew through the forest. Racing past trees and bushes alike. The moonlight shining on them all, adding to the elegance they already possesed.

09 heard Nathan again. Screaming. Calling for help. Dying. The Haunting impaired her judgement and she slowly drifted to the side and away from the group, S.O.U.L. was in the lead and didn't notice, 06 had though and followed. She would take care of 09, she would get 09 new weapons, ones not given to her by S.O.U.L.

Jen knew their commanders secret...and that endangered all of the G.H.O.S.T.

09 slowly went to a stop and fell off her bike. 06 swung around next to her and dismounted too. Send both their bikes on auto pilot 06 programmed them to fellow S.O.U.L.'s.

A few hours later 09 had finally stopped being tormented by the voices. 06 had stayed with her the entire time.

The sun was rising now, and Jen leaned closer to her Commander, Jane Corona and said, "It is time we saw things in a new light...listen carefully to what I'm about to tell you."

Err sorry this one was so short, but it will have to do for you all until i get back saturday hope'd you liked it. Bye now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-06-23 12:58 ]</font>

Svm Inimicus Mali

While it's a bit (and I do mean only a bit) rough around the edges so far as the mechanics are concerned, it's an interesting story. I look forward to reading more of it.

On 2004-06-24 07:45, Kupi wrote:
    While it's a bit (and I do mean only a bit) rough around the edges so far as the mechanics are concerned, it's an interesting story. I look forward to reading more of it.
    I know its bit rough, im not used to writing in this kind of style, i use different styles of writing for different types: middle ages, futurestic, horror, etc, etc, and im glad you look forward to reading more, ive had 10 hours of sleep in the last 3 days, so i wont update the story till sunday or monday.