I just got into ultimate mde and I keep dying!! what do I do with out going to a different mode?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Kireek_ on 2004-06-24 03:07 ]</font>

The S is for Strange.....

What type of character are you using?

In a sense, my innocence is over

id think he is a HUcast, and my advice would be lvl up to at least 70 if not there already. And use a good sword something like dragon Slayer with percent and take a slicer, their always handy

Some type of mechguns with hit %. If ata is too low, use arms. Take away power to raise your ata, better to hit the monsters and do some damage, than to miss all the time.

Tested by pirates.

Its ultimate just keeep dying till you don't die anymore, What I mean is are you offline or online? If your online get someone like a FO to help you.If you offline, Go to the back of the monster and hurt it. Another question are you legit or not?

RAPPY FECES!!!

Yea.. Ult is always really hard at the beginning... I recently got my second character to ult, my level 51 HUcast, and I keep missing because the enemies have such high evasion... What I do is go in a room, slash enemies as much as you feel is safe with the item you have with the higest ATA, the run out the door and so that trick... You'll leve up quickly.

Hunters should try to level up a little bit more than other classes before entering ult; accuracy is a huge issue, even offline. If you're a non-droid HU, use whatever Jellen and Zalure you have.

Rangers should door hang if having trouble with attack speed on shots, really not an issue with a Needle. Accuracy is a non-issue for rangers, especially if you're offline.

Forces should use their support techs thoroughly (especially Jellen so they won't take nearly as much damage). No matter what kind of FO you are, you should probably try to nuke most things. If you're using a FOmar or FOmarl, you might want to consider using high hit % mechguns in conjunction with Jellen and Zalure.

Any droid should make extensive use of traps. Freeze traps are obviously the best, because you can easily freeze an entire group of enemies and get easy hits off of them. Confuse traps aren't quite as good, but don't hesitate to use them in a bind; I know they've helped me in the Sinow room of TTF a lot. Damage traps are pretty much useless at the beginning of ult, just because their damage is terrible.

The overall strategy is to use every possible trick to your advantage. You don't really need Jellen and Zalure on lower difficulties, but when used in ult, they can make all the difference. If you can master all of your character's different abilities, you'll be a much better player in the end.

I'm a hunter...I kept dying....(Jan)

just level up pretty soon youre going to be complaining that the enemies are to easy trust me.

Old Man

If you can get online, get some friends to help you level up quickly. TTF runs + high level friends + reverser/moons = multiple levels rapidly. Soon you will be rocking THEIR worlds - watch out for the sinow room.

If offline, you might consider multiple runs of Retired Hunter. You'll get pretty good experience, get better skills in fighting tough monsters and get some real good items including decent rares that will give you a much better advantage when you return back to ultimate.

If you are a hucast, try to get some S-Red Blades for the S&D or equip a mag that provides a pretty consistent amount of S&D (Rati + PB creates) to give you a much better edge against those tough ult. enemies. And get good at using your traps.