Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi there. I need help in Final Fantasy X. I was wondering if anybody here could tell me how to defeat those Magic Urns, that lurk in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. The sensor tells me to pick the right eye, and then a treasure will some. I usually get 3 of the eyes right, but when it somes to the 4th and 5th eye, I usually get it wrong. Than the idiot self-destructs. Is picking the eye just luck, or is there is a way to find out which eye is the right eye to pick. I have tried observing it, and noticed that the pot moves around. Is it's movement a sign? Another bad thing about the Magic Urn is that it isn't as common to find as the other monster that inhabit the cavern. So it takes me some time to find another Magic Urn. The reason why I need to now how to defeat the Magic Urn, is because I need to capture it. I am only missing one monster from the Sunken Cavern, and the Magic Urn has to be it. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.
    Nothing is impossible

You cannot capture it. The clue is the glowing thing attached to its head. The light will be in the vicinity of the correct target and the movement will differ slightly for each target. If you insist on trying to get all the targets correctly, make sure you have 2 party memebers escape so they don't substain any damage.

I forgot to mention that you're probably missing the ghost or possibly a tonberry.

On 2002-06-03 16:55, CodeName62 wrote:
    Is picking the eye just luck, or is there is a way to find out which eye is the right eye to pick.
    Picking the eye is completely luck and the purpose in attacking the correct eye is to get a bonus item from it. The best thing to do when you encounter a Magic Urn is to (If you aren't interested in attaining unneeded items) just run away. There's no point in fighting them. (See below)

Is it's movement a sign?
    It's movement is part of the enemy's animation sequence, the eye in which is correct is completely random. (Atleast to my knowledge)

The reason why I need to now how to defeat the Magic Urn is because I need to capture it. I am only missing one monster from the Sunken Cavern, and the Magic Urn has to be it. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.
    Well, here's some good news for you. ^_^ You don't need to capture the Magic Urn, as 1.) It isn't one of the required enemies in the Monster Arena and 2.) You cannot capture the Magic Urn. It has unlimited health for if you do ever get to attack it and it is a monster that cannot be captured.
    Odds are the enemy you're missing is a Tonberry, as those were rather difficult for me to encounter down in the Cavern of the Fayth. (I've already defeated Nemesis, so I know how big of a pain it is to capture 10 of every enemy) If that's not it, then just keep searching. Just keep in mind that those Magic Urns are not enemies you need to capture! ^_^;

I haven't even gotten around to most of the side quests, yet. I'm still trying to beat the final boss. -_- Second form keeps killing me. I don't know Ultima or Doublecast yet and the mages are too far away from the Osmose sphere to absorb more magic after they've exhausted theirs.

My strategy so far has been to just have one person heal, protect, and shell while Lulu and Yuna cost holy all day. I also feed them both a Mana Tablet when the fight begins to double their HP then use the only Megalixir I have in my inventory to double their MP. This seems to work up until the second form where they run out of magic and then I'm screwed. =P I also don't have the Zombie Attack either. I need to find some more return spheres or mega potions or megalixirs or something. Wish I knew where to find or buy them. Regular shops don't seem to sell 'em.

I think my party is out of luck! *sniff* I don't feel like leveling up all damn day either, because they are really far from either of those spheres and it takes awhile to gain just one sphere level. Bleh.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Well thanks for the help! Those were some quick responses. However this just leaves me puzzled now. I alreday have Toneberry and Ghost. Those two weren't to hard to get. Atleast, I know now that I won't have to capture Magic Urn. Ohh well, I'll just keep on looking in the cavern. Thanks again.
    Nothing is impossible

LOL I solved my puzzle. The enemy that I had not caught was an fiend that I have encountered many times. It's just that Auron didn't have the capturing weapon equiped, when I would kill this fiend. I forgot that I changed Auron's weapon earlier when I was exploring. I can not remember what the enemy's name was. All I can remember is that, it was an enemy is killed easily with peirce weapons, and that its name started with an "n". Well, once agin thanks for your help. If it wasn't for you guys I would still be in the Sunken Cavern, trying to capture Magic Urn.
    Nothing is impossible

I CLEARED THE GAME TODAY!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAM! created rap (according to my mom)

I'm still at Seymour Flux...

On 2002-06-04 22:19, Nerd wrote:
    I'm still at Seymour Flux...
    Ohh, he's one hard motherfucker.

Him and Yunalesca are the only two bosses I leveled up for. Well, I also leveled up a smidge for the last boss. Taught Lulu and Yuna both Holy.