Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

well well the day is almost here....well not really,on june 21st,i finally get a PC and im buying games in advance before it gets here(so far i have starcraft counter strike,and command and conquer tiberian sun,red alert 2 and renegade, so now i saw some ads for Ultima online and it looks good,but can anyone tell me how the game is like?i need a good online mmorpg like that but UO looks fun (oh and NO one say ragnarok online...ick)oh and can anyone else tell about any good games for pc?

I've been being told to "GET UO!!" on a bi-daily basis..so I have to...from what they tell me, it has ALOT of stuff to do. I can't tell anymore than that, I've never played it, but I hear alot of good about it. As soon as I get out of my money bind, I'll be getting it.

As for any other PC games, no idea. Sorry :
    Look, he did it again.

Dark ages of Camelot or Everquest are 2 of the most played MMORPGS besides UO.

GOOD PC games that you haven't listed:
    Tribes 2
    Diablo 2
    Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (if you have the hardware for it...)

If you have any questions about these games or any hardware questions, don't be afraid to ask, unless you're a complete ditz (hahaha...)...

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

ohh ditz?screw you kent i did play jedi outcast at the local pc lan arcade here and its FUN.... but is it mission based or whatever?it was just set up over here so that everyone dukes it out on lan.... but yes....i probobly will have question down the road,*why is my screen filliing up with skulls and why is my pc smoking?*oh yeah by the way it does have the hardware baby *drools over 80 gig hard drive*

On 2002-06-03 20:46, Mexican_Tediz_MK2 wrote:
    ohh ditz?screw you kent
    No thanks.
    i did play jedi outcast at the local pc lan arcade here and its FUN.... but is it mission based or whatever?
    Single Player is pretty much like any other FPS game ... with lightsabers and Force powers
    it was just set up over here so that everyone dukes it out on lan.
    Yes, that's the best part (if you have a fast connection).
    oh yeah by the way it does have the hardware baby *drools over 80 gig hard drive*
    That's just a Hard Drive, nothing special...

*drools over GeForce 4 Ti 4400*

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

UO For sure. I don't even like games much (Yes I know I'm an admin at a game site hehe). But UO has me sooo hooked its probably the fastest growing of all MMORPGS as far as features and new things being added. The community is great as well and as of lately the learning curve has really been fixed up nicely so you don't have to become a nerd just to start playing the game(For Example: Everquest).

My recommendation for fact.

It's a cool game and there is a bunch of stuff to do on it.

It might be hard to get into it if you don't have any friends, though. A good place to read up on the game and how it operates is UO Stratics.

If you get it, good luck. It can be overwhelming at first, but you'll get used to it. Guilds and stuff are fun to get into too.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Note: this is my opinion.

I got UO a two months ago. I saw the awesome Todd McFarlane art and looked at the graphics. I thought "Yes, an online game that would play like one of my favorite RPGs (Pagan: Ultima 8 )!" I played it for a couple times and never touched the game since. I am so pissed off that something that looked that cool could be so...bad. Maybe it is just me. I couldn't get into it and I was so dissapointed in the game. Personally, if you want a good online RPG, get RO (tho it is VERY laggy) or Diablo II (I just got this game and I think it is very good). Or if it is just the online gameplay you are looking for, StarCraft (it is very cheap now as well, about $15).

Edit: God damn smiley...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2002-06-03 22:50 ]</font>

Glider's Swabbie

StarCraft is 10 bucks here...the battle chest might be a better idea than just the basic game.