Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

why do you think cheaters cheat and what you think sonicteam should do about it

I'm pretty sure most cheating is a matter of tactical convenience, or taking advantage of somthing to end a bad situation. For many cheaters it makes the game better so they continue.

It's just that a lot of new cheaters had no real experience at the game, or are too immature to realize what they're doing. So more experienced players and legits complain that they're idiots/jerks.

Sonic Team never does anything about cheating, as long as it doesn't cause people to stop playing online in mass numbers like NOLing and CKing, they're not going to put so much focus on it. Over 5 versions of the game they hardly made a dent in the cheating potential.

teh ninja'd

I'm pretty sure...

...Oh boy...better not start my rambling...

*Grumble*

Isn't there already a topic like this...
    and 5 others

Well, whatever.

Cheaters cheat...
    simply because they can.
    Not much put there to stop em.

Cheating happens because it's pretty much human nature. If people have the opportunity to be better than normal, they're probably going to take that opportunity, especially if it's easier anyway. People want power and such, which is why all of those "get rich quick!" scams work so well.

I use dupes because I don't have to piss myself off by doing tons of disappointing runs through the same area to get an item that has a silly drop rate. Using dupes just lets a person get straight to the action without having to deal with all of the frustration of being let down by bad drop rates and bad luck.

Stat max is funny, tech max makes it funnier. That's why people do that.

People use 1304s to get a quick boost in the early stages of the game so they can get to the good stuff (ult) a lot faster. Also, 1304s don't have a permanent effect on your character like stat max does, so you could theoretically get rid of it and make your character legit from that point forward.

Stacking is just damn convenient. Droids don't have to worry about running out of mates, and forces don't have to worry about their TP.

I did it for fun. Half the duped stuff I collected I never used and never will. Some of it was stuff I wanted to try out to see if it was actually any good or not. Better to use a duped, say, Heaven Punisher and decide for yourself that it sucks ass than to spend months getting a legit one to find out you would have been much better off looking for say, twelve Red Handguns. Some of it's just amusing or fun. Some of it makes ripping through areas offline that much faster. Some if it's just there for the hell of it, or because it amuses me. Some of it is hacked stuff that's actually incredibly good/useful. Note that a lot of the time, I didn't even go around USING anything duped. A support Force doesn't need uber stuff. XP A Resta Merge and a Striker for the fun of it on a FOmar is plenty. XP

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

im siding with ness' view that cheating is a tactical advancement, nothing more

I did it because my mem card Corrupt my data ever since i got FF:Crystal Chronicals. Now I'm back to where i was because of the max stat thingy.

On 2004-07-01 15:07, Ian-KunX wrote:
    I did it for fun. Half the duped stuff I collected I never used and never will. Some of it was stuff I wanted to try out to see if it was actually any good or not. Better to use a duped, say, Heaven Punisher and decide for yourself that it sucks ass than to spend months getting a legit one to find out you would have been much better off looking for say, twelve Red Handguns. Some of it's just amusing or fun. Some of it makes ripping through areas offline that much faster. Some if it's just there for the hell of it, or because it amuses me. Some of it is hacked stuff that's actually incredibly good/useful. Note that a lot of the time, I didn't even go around USING anything duped. A support Force doesn't need uber stuff. XP A Resta Merge and a Striker for the fun of it on a FOmar is plenty. XP
    thats about the same for me

I just do it to toy around a bit

teh ninja'd

Personally, what Ian said is kinda...well, no, the ONLY reason I play PSOPC these days...and not BB...because that would make my computer run even slower...

Other wise, PSOGC is legit for me...other than using Blood Falcon, anyway.

I know why people cheat.

Insanely low freaking drop rates! @_@ Sonicteam in any new PSO game should just add regular weapons that are cool. And not super funky insanely low drop rare items that will take hours and hours and hours and days to get. >_>