Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Well, not too long ago I signed up for the Wellness Center, a gym down the street from where I live, and I was wondering if anyone on the board could give me some workout tips? Like for definition and such? I'd really appreciate it if anyone shared workout plans or anything that could help me. Thanks

Ill be whatever I wanna do

Its good to work in a continued routine you follow whenever. Also make sure you work your muscles in a pattern such as shoulders down, I forget what the correct thang is if you go for a full body workout >_<. Fuck the gym and workout by swimming or some other sport, its funner than sitting in a sweaty room with a bunch of people with complexes

Don't slouch, and keep your brain in shape.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

dont ruin your regualr meal plan just cause your starting a new fitness plan(although it does help when you plan it out)mainly cause people get food disorders from thinking"ok excercise....but dont eat"no no no doesnt work that way also,dont over do it at the gym,dont strain your self,and so forth,hope ya have fun

Get in a nice mix of the cardio machines and the weight machines. I recently joined a gym with a friend of mine and our regular routine starts off with the treadmill, then the bikes, then the ellipticals (or cross trainers). Then we head for the weight machines. A good idea (if you do it like that) is to start off with the machines that work your upper body (chest, shoulders, arms) before moving on to the weight machines that work your lower body, since you've been working that part of your body already.
    It's always important to stretch before you start doing anything! Nobody wants to be pulling any muscles or hurting themselves, ya know?! *grin*
    If your gym offers classes I suggest taking a Pilates class. It really works your whole body, especially your abs, butt, thighs, and arms. I guarantee you will be sore after one session! But it's worth it!
    Anyways, good luck! And have fun!

1 - Maybe you should go jogging around your neighbourhood 2-3 times a week.

2 - It is very important to have a big breakfast, altough most people know this, they don't respect this as they should. You should eat more in the morning and less in the night.

3 - Push-ups. LOTS OF PUSH UPS!

4 - Stretch all your body as you can. (arms, legs, back, neck and chest)

5 - Sweets should decrease in your meals (Of course you knew that )

6 - How about if you could practise some kind of martial art? Or some sport like Tennis, swimming, Skating, soccer? It is stress relieving and body building.

7 - When doing something, always do the most dificult part. (For instance: If you need to tie your snickers, never put you foot in someplace high to tie it. Stretch all you body to the floor. This is just one example...)

8 - You should go to bed early. And wake up early as well. If you have time, do some exercise in the morning

9 - Do a self-diagnose regurarly, you can never be too careful and too much exercise can injure you as well.

10 - Last but not least, remember, there IS NO LIMIT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-06-08 04:31 ]</font>

Or...

BUY A BOWFLEX!!!!!!
    This thing can make you muscular in 6 weeks. Using it 3 days each week till 6 weeks and your done. Quit the center shit.

Everyone pretty much gave great tips already. I'd follow with what they said.

Me, being the light weighted high metabolism guy that I am, just need to work on the definition of the muscle I do have. 100 sit-ups each night, and since I like using my arms, as much climbing as I can get in. It's nice to have younger family members around too, get them in on the fun.

Climbing a vine that goes to the top of a 50ft tree afew times helps, expecially when you're just using your arms.

...although I was sore as hell two days later, but hey, no pain, no gain.

Take care man, and good luck.
    Look, he did it again.

Swimming is good. It exercises the whole body. I can't believe nobody thought of it. ^_^;

'Course, helps if you either have a swimming pool somewhere near or can swim...

If you're looking for definition, you want a workout with high reps and sets using slow controlled motions. In addition, you should include some kind of cardio activity 3 to 4 times a week. And, of course, you have to eat right.

If your just starting out, I'd go with around 3 sets of 10 reps each. Instead of using free weights, go with the machines, since they have the correct motions. Try using different machines, as using the same one over and over gets real dull. Do (very) slow movements and remember to breath. Don't stack the weights, instead set the weights at what you feel is comfortable, but not easy.

Cardio wise, the best machine you can use are the ones that simulate cross-country skiing; they're easy on your joint and work the entire body. I don't recommend running unless you can go on a track or a grass field. Running is good, but only if you're already in somewhat good shape and know what you're doing. As others have mentioned, swimming is great; I'd rate it 2nd behind the skiing machines.

Know what you're doing. Don't spend like 30 mins working on your abs, cause that's not giong to do much. 5 mins should be the max you focus on the abs. Remember to stretch before and after your workout, and it wouldn't hurt to do it in-between while you switch machines. Don't forget to warm-up and cool-down.