Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    And Your Bird Can Sing

This may or may not be news to the forum members here:

Humars will not be able to cast shifta and deband.

Only RAmars can equip the Spread Needle.

Those are two tidbits I've read about the new PSO title slated to release this year for the GameCube.
    Anyone have knowledge of any other changes in character abilities ?

BaronLaw

Shifta and deband stripped from humars?! That's not good, who uses it then?

Please don't tell me I'm going to have to *intentionally* make a close-quarter Ramar

On 2002-06-08 20:36, Dain_Bramaged wrote:
    Shifta and deband stripped from humars?! That's not good, who uses it then?

Please don't tell me I'm going to have to *intentionally* make a close-quarter Ramar

who do you think uses it.

Hard to say, really...

I should *hope* Hunewearls, and any other non-Humar class... I personally don't see why it would be taken from Humars. Granted, they're ridiculously powerful as well-rounded everything characters, but wouldn't it make more sense to drastically lower their mind stat or TP than taking spells from them altogether?

Just my two cents worth. Keep the change.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

I think it's great that HUmar has been stripped of Shifta, because in all honesty, seeing a HUmar Shifta and Deband his team really made me angry. See, there's this thing with HUmars. 90% of them are total idiots. So for every HUmar who uses Shifta responsibly, we have nine of them who intentionally overwrite L:30 Force Shifta with their own worthless L:15. I say, good riddance. It's about time SSJ Vegeta lost his Shifta.

Maybe now more people will use Mylla & Youlla, which, need I remind you, was superior to L:15 Shifta the whole freaking time.

Also, great news about the Spread Needle. Maybe now Sephiroth will actually use his katana.

--Also, here's hoping that HUnewearl retains Shifta. Just to spite HUmar, of course. ^_~

Hah! Had never thought of other players overwriting your high-level shifta with theirs, that would be annoying indeed. But, I'm still not entirely sure strict denial is the answer. Perhaps make their shifta/deband/resta only affect themself?

On the subject of the spread needle, I agree *almost* completely. Perhaps I misunderstand, but when you said Ramar only, did you mean just that, or gun users only? (RaMar, Raceasal, whatever new ones there are...)
    The latter would make more sense, but good move either way. Always did find it a little silly that rare weapons were equippable by almost anyone. My Ramar used sinow daggers for ages. So long, I completely forgot I can't even *use* daggers

Heh. Well, for self-inflicting Shifta, the HUmar can use Mylla&Youlla. It's really a wonderful Photon Blast, giving somewhere in the area of L:20-ish Shifta/Deband. Definitely a far cry better than a ten-damage Pilla, since let's face it, very few people keep their Mags properly synchronized. I know I don't. ^.^;;

Also, about the Spread Needle, yes. It should definitely be for firearm users instead of just RAmar. My experience in the field of Rangers is extremely limited, though, and sometimes I just refer to them all as RAmars or RAcasts. A-heh.

On the subject of class-specific weapons, I am VERY pleased that Rangers can use a Partisan now. It was not heavy weaponry by any means, and it really made no sense that a Ranger could carry a gigantic Baranz Launcher one second then turn around and be too weak to lift a pole. This revival of Rangers is actually quite interesting, adding a bit of fuel to my possible RAmarl fire...

--See, I was going to probably have a HUnewearl, on account of my passionate love affair with Partisans, but in light of this new information....

Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

So do you guys think Forces will serve a bigger purpose now?

I can't imagine many people wanting to go without Reverser or Shifta/Deband. I'm almost positive that we will be seeing much more of FOmar and FOmarl than we're used to. I can't say as far as FOnewm and FOnewearl go, since if technique damage isn't altered a bit, they'll really be outclassed.

I can say this much, though. With everyone's favorite spells going Force-only, anyone who tells you Forces are underpowered will be lying through their teeth. I know that one of my characters will definitely be a Force.

Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

I'm glad to hear forces will be more important. I've always been sick of the fact that magic users in most MMORPGs weren't always needed.