Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I finished the game on Normal with a 26th level RAcast, and after playing with some friends a bit online, got the hunger to play a Hunter, so I started a HUcast.

I finished the game at 20th level in about 10 hours, and I was doing way more damage the whole way. Cool, right? Well, except that I spent some time talking to a friend today who has a 31st level newman hunter, and I'm now 30th level, and we got to comparing base stats.

After talking for a bit, it became rather clear that something was whack. We stripped all our equipment to compare raw values and... wtf is the point of a HUcast? He had slightly lower attack, higher defense, MUCH higher evade, plus the ability to use techniques.

Uh, I thought androids were supposed to be powerful to make up for the lack of techniques. Unless there's some hidden bonus to being an android (minus trap vision, poison immunity, blah blah), like faster attacks, more criticals or something, there seems to be no reason whatsoever to bother with one.

Thoughts?

Rappy Hunter
    Philly, PA, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth

HUCasts rule!!! Other than looking completely bad-ass, they do have much better stats. There's always the possiblity of MAG changes, as well as the Hit Point factor. Andriods have the highest hit points in the game, especially the HUCast. And the automatic trap vision and immunity to poison is a much better than you may realize. Hell, I didn't even realize those floating red thingies were traps until about halfway through the Caves. Plus, when online I can serve as the trap monitor and take all of them out beforehand, and become popular with my team.. In closing, I think my signature sums everything up the best

Veteran Fighter

My thought is: you are SO wrong.

I don't know what you're talking about complex. When I play online all I see is me walking around smashing everything while 2 HuMars are plinking away at a rappy (ok I exagerate, but you get the idea) at level 44 I am destroying the ruins on hard, maybe you should save your judgement a little. (or check my earlier post about how much HuCasts rule)

Flame on forum, Flame on!

Hey Victrix. Maybe your newman friend used a lot of def materials or other stat boosting items. I wonder what your stats would look like if neither of you used any stat boost items.

Ok, you people are all driving me nuts. No, he did not use lots of stat boosting items. No, I'm not a non HUcast out to bash the class. No, the HUcast does *NOT* have superior stats.

The newman Hunter has *slightly* less hp, *slightly* less attack, superior defense, and vastly superior evade, *plus* the ability to use techniques. Because his defense and evade are higher, and much higher, the lowered hp doesn't mean much. The difference in attack was like 30 or 40 points, not a whole hell of a lot. And remember, we looked at raw stats with all equipment completely removed.

I'll dig up the exact stats sometime tommorow and post them, we should both be 31 or 32.

I wasn't looking for a host of kneejerk responses acting horribly injured because I'm pointing out that the HUcast is very weak in comparison, I'm looking for a reason to continue playing my 'droid Yes, style counts for a lot, but when his character is superior in almost every way to mine, and I have yet to sample techniques (only played 'droid ranger and hunter up to this point), I wonder why I'm bothering with a 'droid Hunter.

well, maybe you just can't play a HUcast the right way. Giant sux0ring can go a long way to making ur character sux0r.

Well... here's the deal:

HUnuwearl has the best natural defense and evade in the game. In fact, it might not even be worth much for a HUnewearl to up their mag's DEF at all due to the fact that they reach 450 evade quicker than any other class in the game.

You, as a HUcast, will ALWAYS have more hps and ATP. No one else will better you in this department, ever. You are the brick. You are infintely hard to kill, and make your enemies suffer every moment that you live. You are expressly designed to maul everything in your way.

Since you have a higher natural whoop-ass level than anything else, you can use some of the more interesting weapons out there. Yes, I know that most everyone preers a sword... but a HUcast wielding a Partisan does as much damage as most other hunters using swords. In addition, a HUcast will do this damage faster (quicker attack speed) and more reliably (higher ATA on a partisan).

Along these lines, HUcasts also turn often sneered at weapons into death dealing machines. A higher level HUcast with a good mechgun is something to be feared. Slicers aren't too bad in their hands, either... and a pair of daggers wielded well by a HUcast is effective, as well as EXTREMELY awesome to look at.

The final thing about androids that most people forget... your mags will always be more powerful as a Cast/Caseal, because you will never need to worry about your mag's mind level. Ever. Even a silly lil' RAmar that puts 5 mind levels into his mag is automatically doing less damage than any other android... and 5 points of damage adds up pretty quickly, especially when dealing with shots/mechguns/slicers and the like. Ultimately, the only way a lack of MST will ever effect you is concerning flame/shock weapons... and how often does anyone use those anyways?

Finally... ask how many of those HUmars and RAmars actually use those techniques of theirs... BEYOND those that can be duplicated with items (resta, reverser, etc.).

Just my .02... I hope this helps ease your inferiority worries. =)

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention.

Any class can max evade out to 450. Even a stupid lil' FOnewm. Which, ultimately, does not make the HUnewearl's higher beginning evade much to envy in the long run.

Pax. =)

Well, I decided earlier to go ahead and stick with it anyway, but I am curious about a few things.

What are the max stats for the Hunters? I saw them posted earlier by someone for Forces, and the differences were very minimal, but I'd like to see them for the others.

How does MST affect the element attacks on weapons? So far, I have yet to find myself using any special attack for any weapon. The confuse weapons don't confuse, the elemental weapons do wussy damage, and so on.

Data! Data! I crave data! I even grabbed the strategy guide today, just for a source of more information (though I knew it wouldn't be complete), and with that and the mag guide posted online, I should be able to raise the mag of my dreams

Hrm. Any really high level Hunters care to share their opinions?