Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2% Jazz, 98% Funky Stuff! Subliminalgroove's Avatar

I always wanted to sneak around a highschool parking lot with a bag full of Nerf footballs and for every lame riced up car I see, a football get pushed up into its fart tube.

Sadistic

On 2004-07-27 14:40, Subliminalgroove wrote:
    I always wanted to sneak around a highschool parking lot with a bag full of Nerf footballs and for every lame riced up car I see, a football get pushed up into its fart tube.
    That'd be priceless, may I join you? ^.^

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2004-07-27 14:40, Subliminalgroove wrote:
    The sad thing is, a regular size football would often fit.

Scejntjynahl, it's all in pure fun, a joke a joke, don't you get it? i have nothing against irish people, in fact there's a particular one i'd care to grope.

i mean hell people asian worship i understand that. but please know what the stickers mean before you put it on your car's ass. seriously, lots of people do it and to some asians (SOME NOT ALL) it's a little silly because most people who do it have no clue. if you have a real appreciation, good for you. in this case, said kid put a "princess" sticker on his car. nice....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-07-28 12:18 ]</font>

Well said.
    The reason Honda civic is usually the car of choice for this kinda thing is cuz..... everyone is doing it to their civic. Poor car.

On 2004-07-28 12:16, LollipopLolita wrote:
    in fact there's a particular one i'd care to grope.
    ?

?

in this case, said kid put a "princess" sticker on his car. nice....
    Maybe he's just an artsy-fartsy dude...hence the orange car color?

Ah, you must "Fear the Stripe". A 1990 Blue plymmoth voyager... spray painted over and over with 3 shades of blue... a yellow racing stripe down the middle and "1337" on the side.

A spoiler made of plywood, and bolted onto the luggage rack... So shitty, you have to, open the sliding door WINDOW, for you to open to side door AT ALL. Twis' my brothers car. For those of you who live in Fort Wayne, i am sure you have seen it before.

*we had to take off the spoiler since it was said it was a "safety hazard" probably right. *

Another nice feature of it: Sevral magnets from various pizza places. "Fox hound, Dominos, Marcos, Papa Johns."

Now the "Stripe" has been retired, selling it to a junkyard for 25$. For my brother, and all that knew the wonderful "Stripe" it was a sad day.

Hopefully when my brother returns, i will ask him if he still has a picture of it...

until then, im off to hunt Pal Rappys....

EDIT* Dam typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-07-28 13:49 ]</font>

There's this moron in my town of wow, 4K people (give or take a few hundred), that drives this hot pink car. I cringe everytime I have the unfortunate pleasure of seeing this piece of trash.

I used to have a bunch of anti-ricer pages bookmarked, but sadly, I don't have them anymore (you know, got a new computer and had to wipe my HD because of a faulty boot sector ). Anyway, I do have two links for people to read. The first one might be recognized, as I'm sure someone here knows who he is, but I found his page a long time ago by this rant:

http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html

I think Lollipop will agree with his little rant, lol

The other one is from Geoff Fraizer's site (anyone who's played Diablo 2 or any recent Blizz game probably knows who he is). And he's got pix, too

http://www.expectnothing.com/CAR/rice.shtml

Enjoy
    The world is yours.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

A movie quote comes to mind upon reading this topic:

"Why do you want to make your car go faster anyway? Where are you going?" -upon some kid showing off how he spent some larger amount of money on his engine mods for an RX7.
    Or close enough to that, not exactly word for word.

This one might be bad to say haha:
    "Why don't you see any asians in the Daytona 500?"

Street racing is a type of hobby/lifestyle/etc, so is improving cars by tuning. Just check out any magazine stand anywhere for like Dupont Registry, Sport Compact Car, Import Tuner, etc.(these I see in US store magazine racks, not speaking for any other countries here. There are people out there who do it correctly, and poseurs who do it incorrectly. Just like in any hobby, sport, or what-have-you.

Any kid out there might be playing True Crime Streets of LA and running around in the "civic-rocket" looking car thinking its cool; said kid finds his own way to a Civic of his own and makes it in the image of said imiginary Civic. This is just one scenario eh?
    NFS:underground, etc, etc.
    Good ranty rant. Hmm. Thanks lolli.
    I read a few Sport Compact car Mags and enjoyed doing so. Won't pick up a Orange Civic with oversized lawnmower sounding muffler though with a huge spoiler, rest assured.

Edit:
    typos bad
    "lawnmowed" haha "lawnmower"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-07-29 00:00 ]</font>

I've got a website for you guys:

You might be a Ricer if...

I work as a Mechanic and so I see way too much of this stuff every day. My latest tale of Ricer stupidity is a guy who came in and bought a set of front brake pads. After installation, he noticed that his brakes hardly worked at all. He brought his car in to the shop and we were shocked to find out that he had installed the brake pads backwards and didn't hear the shims tearing appart his rotors because of his Rice Boy super-loud stereo.