Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    No...I didn't spell it wrong.

If you came to this topic to find out what the XBOX version will be like, you have come to the right place. Unfortunately, I don't know, so I'm asking you guys on your thoughts...
    To me, it makes no sense why the XBOX version, which comes out later than the Gamecube version, should only be a port from the DC. XBOX has all of the capabilities of Gamecube and even more. There are just too many capabilities that the XBOX has available for developers to pass up.

In other words, yes I do think it will be a port from the Gamecube version. It just doesn't seem logical for all that power to go wasted.

On 2002-06-19 06:11, Myst wrote:
    In other words, yes I do think it will be a port from the Gamecube version. It just doesn't seem logical for all that power to go wasted.
    I agree.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I'm sitting at a compromise...

This version, the version to be released with the opening of the X-box live network, is going to be a port of V2, because it's free. However, I'm fairly certain you'll see it succeed and then a "You played PSO on the X-box, now buy the sequel!" release will be done, which will be a port of the Gamecube one. If there is no second release, then, sorry X-box fans, you're stuck with V2

Just my two cents worth, keep the change.

Skilled Fighter

Beats me what it'll be. We get screenshots of the Forest, with the GCN graphical update, and it's refered to over and over again as both PSOv2 and PSO2.

So it's anybody's guess, I suppose.

If you came to this topic to find out what the XBOX version will be like, you have come to the right place. Unfortunately, I don't know, so I'm asking you guys on your thoughts...
    To me, it makes no sense why the XBOX version, which comes out later than the Gamecube version, should only be a port from the DC. XBOX has all of the capabilities of Gamecube and even more. There are just too many capabilities that the XBOX has available for developers to pass up.

Cool Sig.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

sorry to burst your bubble on 2 notes, but
    1- the xbox version is going to be basically an enhanced version of the dc v2. no extras... no new things except for the 3 new characters, i think are in it. thats the only thing i am still unclear on.

2- the xbox does not have the same power as the gamecube. in fact, it has less. the only differences are the xbox has a stronger processor (not that much though) and a hard drive. if it is so much more powerful than the cube, then why have i seen up to a minute of loading on games and at the most on a game on the cube (and this was a baseball game) of 30 seconds? the gamecube also has a card that can do up to 8 textures per pass. the geforce 4 ti 4600 cant even do 8 textures per pass. also, if the xbox is so much stronger, then why is it i havent seen any graphics better then doa3? and the graphics on the cube just keep getting better and better? example- resident evil- you will never see it on the xbox because the xbox cant handle the game without some serious graphical cuts. also, compare wrestlemania x8 to raw. i have. raw the characters are programmed all the same. they look like shellacked apes. wrestlemania x8, they look more realistic. i rest my case now.

keep in mind, i state fact from personal experience. i am not a fanboy. i done even own a cube nor do i ever plan on getting one. my friend has one though. and he is getting pso for the gc.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

I just don't think Sonic Team likes X-box!

And also, I heard a rumer that on the box's version of PSO yo can only communicate with the microphone. I'm pretty sure that's faulse, but can anyone tell me for sure?

The Galaxies Jedi Master

hehe and u did expect me to say something didnt u? anyway I think they should scrap the graphics engine and start an new one but that would take a while as far as GC having more power thats IN YOUR OPINON. IMHO i say xbox has more power (check the hardware specs)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XBOX_JEDI on 2002-06-19 17:34 ]</font>

AFPSOW

On 2002-06-19 17:32, Moo2u wrote:
    And also, I heard a rumer that on the box's version of PSO yo can only communicate with the microphone. I'm pretty sure that's faulse, but can anyone tell me for sure?
    Nope, you heard right. So far, the only way to communicate on the XBox version is via a microphone and "Xbox Live" which will cost about $50 a year to use for unlimited use, but it has to be paid all at once.

sorry to burst your bubble on 2 notes, but
    1- the xbox version is going to be basically an enhanced version of the dc v2. no extras... no new things except for the 3 new characters, i think are in it. thats the only thing i am still unclear on.

2- the xbox does not have the same power as the gamecube. in fact, it has less. the only differences are the xbox has a stronger processor (not that much though) and a hard drive. if it is so much more powerful than the cube, then why have i seen up to a minute of loading on games and at the most on a game on the cube (and this was a baseball game) of 30 seconds? the gamecube also has a card that can do up to 8 textures per pass. the geforce 4 ti 4600 cant even do 8 textures per pass. also, if the xbox is so much stronger, then why is it i havent seen any graphics better then doa3? and the graphics on the cube just keep getting better and better? example- resident evil- you will never see it on the xbox because the xbox cant handle the game without some serious graphical cuts. also, compare wrestlemania x8 to raw. i have. raw the characters are programmed all the same. they look like shellacked apes. wrestlemania x8, they look more realistic. i rest my case now.

keep in mind, i state fact from personal experience. i am not a fanboy. i done even own a cube nor do i ever plan on getting one. my friend has one though. and he is getting pso for the gc.
    I own both the Gamecube and the XBox and I'm pretty sure that the XBox has more power and can surpass the Gamecube. Wait, I'm not done yet. It all boils down to how optimized the game is for that particular console. So yeah, some games will look like garbage compared to others. Sonic Team said, "If you're a fan of Sonic Team, get a Gamecube" plain and simple. I am hoping tho, that the PSO for XBox is the Gamecube version. I also remember reading an interview with the President/Vice President of Sega of America. That person said that the XBox version and Gamecube version of Phantasy Star Online would not be able to play with users of the opposite console. The reason for this was because XBox Live's servers are closed. That person never mentioned that the two games could not communicate with each other because they were DIFFERENT games. Phantasy Star Online for XBox will only use the voice communicator, there will be voice masks, so you won't have to worry about your voice. Now, if the XBox version turns out to be an exact port of the Dreamcast version... I'll just pick up the Gamecube version, plain and simple.
    (I've got such a headache from typing in this small box!)

-AnimeUSA