Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

Well, I'm going to be playing PSO over a broadband connection (No importing for me). I just have a few questions that someone may have the answers to. Is there any possible way to get my cable modem (from one point in the house) to connect with my GC which is across the house from the modem? I wanna do this cause my GC is currently connected to the biggest screen in the house.. so I feel it'll enlighten my PSO experience.

I've heard about routers, but will this drastically slow down the connection? Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

On 2002-06-22 15:03, rbf2000 wrote:
    Get a VGA adapter.
    Nice way to not help the guy at all. God.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

I try.

I just thought it would be easier to hook his GCN up to his monitor then to have to run wires across his house.

A router won't slow down the connection to the point where you will be able to tell a differance in online play.

On 2002-06-22 15:16, rbf2000 wrote:
    A router won't slow down the connection to the point where you will be able to tell a differance in online play.
    Yes, but I'm sure he could hook up his GC to another TV if he wanted to as well. Problem is, he wants to play on his big screen. Period.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Blue Harmony

The GC should be able to connect to your cable modem without the need for a router.
    A router won't slow your connection, period.

The real point is, can you lay a RJ45 wire (it's like a phone cable) from the cable-modem to the GC ?
    If not, you may look at Wireless products for Home office.
    One will take the connection at your cable modem. The other, up to 100 m away indoor, will serve the GC.

I would recommend asking in person at your local computer store for advice on models/type needed.

It'll cost much more than a plain cable though..

Veteran Fighter

Aaa, yeah. A cable simply running from the modem wouldn't work, since 300ft is the maximum, but if you wanna run a cable that long...

Yeah, the only other thing I can think of is a wireless connection, even though it will cost more than $100 or something...

Dark Jedi Gundam Pilot

I think I will be forced to move the TV from my room near the computer.. it's not small, but no where near as big as the tv I use now. I think I'll just do that as a last resort.

300 ft eh? I think I need to do some measuring...

VGA connector would work fine, also I think it beets a bigger TV because of the higher resolution you get, unless you have a flat screen HDTV.

Banned

O crap, my computer is up stairs in the living room and i would be playing downstairs in my room....what the hell am i going to do??