Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

Fomarl is supposed to be a heavier melee character. Although if you play as a FOmarl your damage techs are used rarely. Which is ackward since I see Fomarls use damage techs as much as a HUmar or HUnewearl. As a FOmarl, and even as a FOnewearl damage techs are rarely used when compared to melee.

The fact that damage techs suck is ovious and undeniable.

Damage techs don't need to be TP costing spread needles, But 90 damage is really a pile of garabge.

If anything a FOmarl should be played melee/tech user, but tech damage is suppose to damage numerous targets, thus weakening them a bit for a well place combo.

IMO FOmarls should be more melee oriented, because they have the atp to do so, not because tech damage is a flaming pile of poo that cost tp(rabarta aside)

The fact that damage techs suck is ovious and undeniable.

Damage techs don't need to be TP costing spread needles, But 90 damage is really a pile of garabge.

If anything a FOmarl should be played melee/tech user, but tech damage is suppose to damage numerous targets, thus weakening them a bit for a well place combo.
    Sad but true. Still, it really shouldn't be that way. I guess this should be filed under pointless whining... but in most RPGs, and especially the Phantasy Star series, the tech slingers really had some ass-kicky power. Mages/Forces should be able to fight with the power of their magic alone. Their regular, every-day attacks could be weaker than Rangers or Hunters, but the hands-down ka-foomiest attack should belong to the Force. And it does not.

Back in the day, once or twice between stops at an inn, you could use techs or magic that would just end a battle decisively. In PSIV, "magic" like Tandle and Hewn was just off the chain. And don't even get me started with what the _real_ Megid was all about...

Any self-respecting mage wouldn't be caught dead with a gun in his hand- give him a quality staff that made an actual difference in a fight, and...

Oh, I'll shut up now. Please be gentle. I'm just old fashioned.

X.W.A. God

Wow. A week after creating this topic, i've come back for a look. I am disgusted, apart from the few decent folk who TRY to stay on topic. Anyway, my questions have been answered and I thank you.

Why don't you all just go and open another thread and argue the matter over there.

Don't you ever consider the person who started the topic? I checked the box that says 'email me when replies are posted'

Everyday I have to clear out my WHOLE inbox before the provider bans me for taking up too much space, because of YOUR petty bickering!

On 2002-06-30 02:32, -- wrote:
    I checked the box that says 'email me when replies are posted'

Everyday I have to clear out my WHOLE inbox before the provider bans me for taking up too much space, because of YOUR petty bickering!
    No need to whine. Just next time, don't check the box. Aduh.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

GOLD DOUBLE SABERS EXIST IN V2?!!??!
    <------- old skoo v1 player
    this brings back memories of rumors during the days of no hacking...

lol.

Wow. A week after creating this topic, i've come back for a look. I am disgusted, apart from the few decent folk who TRY to stay on topic. Anyway, my questions have been answered and I thank you.
    Your questions were answered early. The thread was either going to die, or evolve, and I'm glad it did, this has been the only thread with a decent debate I've seen in a while

Don't you ever consider the person who started the topic? I checked the box that says 'email me when replies are posted'
    Not our problem

From a bunch of short text emails? Heaven forbid you get spammed with 120k+ virus' like the rest of us