Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Wow, quite a storm I guess. I thought that a Category 2 would do less damage than I've seen.

The hurricane looks like it is just staying in the same area... hour after hour...

On 2004-09-04 19:58, Getintothegame wrote:
    Wow, quite a storm I guess. I thought that a Category 2 would do less damage than I've seen.

The hurricane looks like it is just staying in the same area... hour after hour...
    True...And the weathermen seem to go over the same stuff now, since Frances isn't making much progress.

On 2004-09-03 14:55, legolas_418 wrote:
    LOL I LOVE HURRINCANES, THE CARNAGE, THE DEATHS, THE PEOPLE LEFT HOMELESS
    I must agree with everyone with their replies to this post.

You sir, are an ass. End of Statement.

I have a few friends down in Orlando, and several over in Fort Mires. *Hope I spelled that right* I heard from one of my friends in Orlando just yesterday. However the ones in Fort Mires, I haven't heard anything.

Good luck to the people in Florida.

I went to bed last night expecting for it to rain as Frances moved over our state. Frances was a no show. It hasn't moved one bit since last night (well, just a bit). It's comforting to know I can outrun this hurricane. I'm expecting for it to get rough later today... as it still moves very slowly.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Well, my power is out at home.

Crap.

(Is at Campus)

How is your house?

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

I actually kind of wanted this thing to hit maryland. I think being in the middle of a hurricane is awesome. Yes, there is death and destruction, but the risk is something I like. I don't want to come off as sounding like an ass, but some people like being in them for the thrill.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

On 2004-09-06 13:49, SpikeOtacon wrote:
    I actually kind of wanted this thing to hit maryland. I think being in the middle of a hurricane is awesome. Yes, there is death and destruction, but the risk is something I like. I don't want to come off as sounding like an ass, but some people like being in them for the thrill.
    Ya, I sort of feel where you're coming from until I realize that 'being' in a hurricane is far different than what one might think being in one entails. It's mostly just huddling up in your home, hoping that nothing hits you. That is, if you're smart enough to stay out of the inclement weather.

If you are one of those extreme thrillseekers looking for a good time (read: assface with a boring life who deserves what he gets) then more power to ya. Go outside, enjoy the winds so fast you can't see because the rain and saltwater are being thrust into you eyes at 80 mph. Enjoy the fact that somebody's home, somewhere, is being destroyed and that person will never have the money to replace it. Enjoy the feeling of bruised ribs as a piece of packing styrofoam hits you in your side at 120 mph. Oh yeah, everyone loves hurricanes.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2004-09-06 15:03, Aredhel wrote:
    On 2004-09-06 13:49, SpikeOtacon wrote:
    Ya, I sort of feel where you're coming from until I realize that 'being' in a hurricane is far different than what one might think being in one entails. It's mostly just huddling up in your home, hoping that nothing hits you. That is, if you're smart enough to stay out of the inclement weather.

If you are one of those extreme thrillseekers looking for a good time (read: assface with a boring life who deserves what he gets) then more power to ya. Go outside, enjoy the winds so fast you can't see because the rain and saltwater are being thrust into you eyes at 80 mph. Enjoy the fact that somebody's home, somewhere, is being destroyed and that person will never have the money to replace it. Enjoy the feeling of bruised ribs as a piece of packing styrofoam hits you in your side at 120 mph. Oh yeah, everyone loves hurricanes.
    Yes, Hurricanes = Waiting.

Not fun, not fun at all.

Finally back in business. Power was out for about 2 1/2 days. I ate soup out of cans... (room temperature), warm water, ended up in alot of trouble (cause I went outside ... and went quite a distance when it winds were at about 70 mph, it was pouring like mad, and it was pitch dark (mostly cauze of no power). A huge tree outside my apartment (in the middle, the tree splits into 2 large trunks), and the trunk that is facing our apartment was slowly ripping wider and wider. It eventually fell on our apartment (our exact part of the apartment... that WE live in...), rolled off the roof and torr the the railing off it. The other trunk not facing our apartment had fallen on the other side and blocked the side walk. The tree is going to cost... maybe about $800-$1200 to remove off the property. It's too big for maintenance to take out. This thing is gunna need chain saws and stuff. I'm just glad were all alive.

I checked my neighboring apartment complex... they got screwed. A tree fell on a Dodge 4x4 truck, another tree fell on a corvette and a mustang, one tree (that had a wooden platform built around it) had fallen and took out the whole platform. Another tree (really really big pine tree) had fallen in the lake (reached almost to the other side of the lake...) Yea, they lost about... hmm... 18 trees or so??? We lost about 12 or something. I'll check again later. Oh, and in the other complex, at tree had taken out a 3rd floor balcony's side pillar (took the WHOLE pillar off!!!!) They can't walk on that balcony cause they said something like... 500 or something pounds (at the most) can take out that whole balcony... yea, its terrible. We got pounded. Although Sef and my girlfriends house had no serious disasters... (lucky me...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-09-08 19:54 ]</font>