Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    And Your Bird Can Sing

If the speculation and rumors are true, the FOmar presents the most formidable combination of technique use and melee combat ability. Look for lobbies to be filled with short, black robed, white haired FOmars named after Final Fantasy characters. Don't expect these forces to be primarily support characters: if the reports are accurate, most people will probably opt for tank-mode. Will this be the achilles' heel of Sonic Team's new creation, in terms of class balance ?

PSO Episode 1&2: Attack of the (FOmar )Clones ?

BaronLaw

Pso Trainee

never the humars and hucasts shall stay the best

My FOmar is bad ass.

Go, Lune! Bitchslap power!
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Eh, well, the Final Fantasy thing is going to happen anyway. God that was annoying, SSJ to. I plan on making a FOmar, just because I think they look cool.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

True, but I belive it won't last very long.

Remember, no matter how physically strong FOmar may be, he's still a Force. I bet all he can do is probably tank a little more and a little longer than FOmarl can, period. That's it.

I'd still say HUmar, even without S/D, would do better in physical combat than FOmar.

Otherwise, it would destroy the whole concept of FOmar being a.... Force. Don't you think?

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

I'm not sure about that, Sedric. Seeing as right now a Shifta'd FOmarl does about the same damage as a non-Shifta'd HUmar, I really don't see how HUmar without Shifta can hope to be more damaging than FOmar. It just seems unreasonable. Don't worry, though. People keep forgetting that Mylla&Youlla has, and probably always will be, better than L:15 Shifta.

Anyway, I can definitely see FOmar being greatly overused. ... And all you HUmar fans should be glad that all the Sephiroths and SSJs won't still be disgracing your race. They'll have moved on to FOmar, allowing HUmar's dignity to climb a little. Furthermore, since HUmar can't use the Spread Needle, it's a good bet that all the morons will no longer play him as well. So on a whole, your race will be getting a lot better, reputation-wise.

Too bad for FOmar and RAmar, though. SSJs and Spread Needle-users will flee to them like rats leaving a sinking ship.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

Oh, also, I've noticed that FOmar can quite easily become an Auron, so expect to see a lot of those. Heh.

Hmm... you have a valid point, Zarana, and I thought the same way at first. But then I remembered one thing:

ATA

Ok, let me first say, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I bet HUmar will still have way more ATA than FOmar ever will. So that means HUmars will miss far less than FOmars.... Sure, at high level, just about anyone can make a shot/swing, but I believe that the gap in ATA will definitely make a difference in actual skirmish.

Also, Hunter weapons are generally better suited for melee combat. FOrce weapons do not.

And let's not forget the other stats, such as HP, DEF, EVP, and etc. (Except MST) Surely HUmar's will be higher than FOmar's....

And I believe these will put HUmar in physically superior position in combat.

So in the end, even if FOmar can dish out nearly equal (or possibly even more) damage as HUmar, overall, HUmar will still be a better melee fighter. And that means better tanking.

Well, that's just my 1.5 + .5 cents. We'll see how it turns out in final version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedric on 2002-06-26 20:29 ]</font>

FOmar will probably be the best OFFLINE class.

ONLINE, hunters will do a lot more damage than any force when they're in the same game together. Its called teamwork. I'm certainly not going to pick a class based off the fact that they do well offline, when almost all my time spent playing is going to be online with other people.

On 2002-06-26 16:49, Dangerous55 wrote:
    Eh, well, the Final Fantasy thing is going to happen anyway. God that was annoying, SSJ to. I plan on making a FOmar, just because I think they look cool.

Atleast we can agree on something. It doesn't really bother me, it just disapoints me that people have no originality anymore. They just rip off other ideas. I always try to pick to most unused costumes. I hope your prediction doesn't come true, i plan to be a FOmar (get my money's worth by playing as a totaly new char).