Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, how about an FKL PSO Forum RPG? Sort of like PSO, in video game form, but we can have it as a text-based thing on FKL, or some other place on PSOW.

On 2004-09-11 18:15, tactician7777 wrote:
    So, how about an FKL PSO Forum RPG? Sort of like PSO, in video game form, but we can have it as a text-based thing on FKL, or some other place on PSOW.
    Gib me the stuff to host it with and I can make an actuall game

So, what you want is a text-based PSO game, and put that game on the web in FKL. Someone could program it, I guess, but putting it on FKL is doubtful. Just send everyone from here over there to play it, and we could hang out there. Possible? Probably. Worth it? Well, I'm not gonna sit down and program it.

On 2004-09-11 18:17, dude3282 wrote:
    So, what you want is a text-based PSO game, and put that game on the web in FKL. Someone could program it, I guess, but putting it on FKL is doubtful. Just send everyone from here over there to play it, and we could hang out there. Possible? Probably. Worth it? Well, I'm not gonna sit down and program it.
    Depending on what j00 actually want, I could make it. Im not making no master piece though. I have tge time, and could use a project.

I didn't mean programming. I meant like having a character, and then typing out in FKL what your character does, and how they fight, and stuff. Kind of like a...D&D, PSO style, I guess...

Example:

The anonymous RAcast, with clunking noises as he went, walked through the streets of Pioneer Two. He spots a fork in the road, and decides to head left. The Ranger found himself in the Shopping District.

Something like that. Maybe there could be people who monitor over battles between characters, and monster groups. We could make up a battle system and all, as well...and the currency would be obvious.

*** Rappy kills everyone.

We didn't even make up any of the game rules yet, Sef. You're probably overenthusiastic.

On 2004-09-11 18:21, tactician7777 wrote:
    I didn't mean programming. I meant like having a character, and then typing out in FKL what your character does, and how they fight, and stuff. Kind of like a...D&D, PSO style, I guess...

Example:

The anonymous RAcast, with clunking noises as he went, walked through the streets of Pioneer Two. He spots a fork in the road, and decides to head left. The Ranger found himself in the Shopping District.

Something like that. Maybe there could be people who monitor over battles between characters, and monster groups. We could make up a battle system and all, as well...and the currency would be obvious.
    There is an actualy phpbb mod for stuff like this. What it is actually capable, I am quite unsure, but

*** Sef shoots tact.

On 2004-09-11 18:24, Eanae wrote:

There is an actualy phpbb mod for stuff like this. What it is actually capable, I am quite unsure, but
    Why not make a text-based RPG for FKL to be used on FKL, but without programming? Just by...uh...whoever decides to help. We could make character creation rules, and the character would have a Sec ID, by using the Sec ID calculator, a battle system, item list.