Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, body? You can go to hell. It was cute on the car trips, but this is just asinine.

Ok, so. You've all played 3D or 3Dish games, yes? You either move the view around with the mouse and then click and hold to move yourself, or you have the sort of thing where you click between screens, and then you can move the view around with your mouse.

So I had computer issues years ago with the CD-ROM version of Myst III: Exile. So I wound up playing the PS2 version. I was fine. Not a jitter. So I have the DVD PC version and a non-shit computer now. So... What the FUCK, man, within a couple of minutes I feel an urge to toss my cookies. So I dig up the demo version of realMYST, and lo and behold, the same fucking thing happens! It happens with all games like that! What, is it the difference between moving with a mouse and moving with a controller and the former is just too jerky for me or something?

Seriously, this pisses me off, because I can't play a game if I can't actually look at it for more than a couple of minutes without the urge to hurl. I've already long since finished Exile, but what if I want to play a new game with that kind of system? Am I doomed to wait for and suffer through the shitty PS2 version or something? FUCK!

Suck me, body. -_-

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

PC games suck, that's a rule never to forget.

^ WTF?

Anyways...

Have you tried wearing sunglasses while you play? I know it sounds kinda dorky, but that always worked for me whenever I felt sick on my D2 benders...

Or go outside and enjoy the sunshine - if you get sick then, you don't belong on Earth

On 2004-09-20 04:23, Aredhel wrote:

Or go outside and enjoy the sunshine - if you get sick then, you don't belong on Earth
    Heh, never put me on a tire swing. XP

And I get sick from the outdoors just by opening a window. It's called 'severe allergies'.

On 2004-09-20 09:06, Ian-KunX wrote:

Heh, never put me on a tire swing. XP

And I get sick from the outdoors just by opening a window. It's called 'severe allergies'.

I don't know why Ian, but your post made me laugh.

Hmmm, maybe the refresh rate on your monitor sucks? I remember one spring break I spent a lot of time in front of the computer - my monitor had a max refresh rate of 60Hz XP It made my stomach hurt after playing on it for over 2 hours at a time. I just balanced things out by mowing the lawn or taking a walk in between play sessions.

At the end of that week I had a seizure while driving So I guess it didn't quite work out too well

Yeah, looks like it's 59Hz on this monitor.

'Cause, y'know, when I tried playing Exile years ago on a semi-decent CRT and had problems, up until it went splack on me I never had problems while playing, and I didn't have trouble with the realMYST demo years ago when I played it on the same monitor, either.

Blech, this monitor sucks ass. It's a tiny 15" LCD that doesn't go above 1024x768 and looks like a fucking laptop monitor, i.e., must be looked at dead on or the colours change and get wonky. It's not just LCD monitors in general, iLamps have LCDs that are awesome, just this particular piece of shit.

Some people are very sensitive to lower refresh rates - my dad, back in the day of much shittier monitors, used to get terrible headaches at work whenever he'd catch a glimpse of his monitor out of his peripheral vision. Try tweaking around with the settings a bit... or go buy a new monitor if you can afford it - 19" CRTs aren't *terribly* expensive anymore... or go outside

(j/k about the outside part, but would it kill you to take some benadryl and frolick in teh daisies a bit? )

Problem is, I have no money at all, and mom doesn't use the computer enough for it to bug her. ._.;

And allergy medications don't work for me. o_@ I've tried just about everything. Pills, shots, I can't even HAVE sprays because they make my nose bleed... >_<

Console games are made to harness the power of a fixed hardware, unlike PC games which are made for specific system requirements. You never know if game will truly work for your computer until you play it.

Since you don't have a whole lot of money, I'd recommend looking on E-bay or something for a very ancient monitor ('bout 97, maybe before) with a nice refresh rate. Get cheap and old vs. new and fresh.

Ditto with the graphics card, there could be a conflict with the monitor.

Maybe it's true when they say just get a new PC.