Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Before you start flaming and posting Listen. I am in no way saying it WILL be free. I'm simply stating that from the looks of things it might be free.

Reason Why I suspect Free Online play: When Ver,2 was going to hit the market Sega Anounced that it was goig to be pay to play. So Far no such anouncement has been made. I mean Sonic Team Already anounced that the Xbox version is going to be pay to play, and the game doesn't even come out for severak monthes. Meanwhile EpI&II is on it's way and nothing has been said. Nor have importers warned us about paying a special fee to play (which they have in the past).

I think is reasonable enough grounds to assume online play will be free for PSO EPI&II. What are your opinions one this? and your assumptions?

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

I assume it will still be pay to play. I mean, in all honesty, we're talking about the Japanese version here. Ever since day one Hunters' Licenses have been the standard over there, and I see no reason why they would change it now. They have no need to make an announcement on it because, well, it's been commonplace since the beginning. In my opinion, the fact that we haven't heard anything about it should be confirmation that we WILL have to pay. As I recall, nobody (in Japan) was surprised when V2 had a Hunters' License, or PSO PC, so it begs to reason that nobody would be surprised about an HL on GCPSO. They probably haven't made an announcement because it's obvious.

In my opinion, at least.

You have a point but then again So do I. It can go either way. Hopefully I'll be right and we'll be able to play for free.

On 2002-07-02 20:48, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:
    Hopefully I'll be right and we'll be able to play for free.
    Keep dreaming

You people are such fucking pessimists. Wouldn't Sonic Team make an anouncement since the game is moving from Dreamcast to Gamecube? They made one for Xbox (both Jap and US versions!) why not for the Cube version? You people need to read and realize that what I'm saying is reason enough to hope that PSO EpI&II might be Free.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

No need to curse at me. I'm just saying that, since it's Sonic Team we're dealing with, it might not be the best idea to get our hopes up. Let's not forget what happened those other five million times we expected Sonic Team to do the right thing...

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

I'd say the realization that free internet was a fantasy implies otherwise.

In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of what people took for granted for the last few years is no longer available. IGN and Gamespot provide only some of their content for free, while the rest is subscription based. I don't know if you were around, but a lot of free webspace providers bit the dust. Anyone remember Xoom? I sure do. Advertisers realized that ad banners aren't as effective as they once believed.

Free online gaming is disappearing REAL fast, just like the rest of the "free" stuff on the internet. People often quote Blizzard and Diablo II, but note that World of Warcraft is going to charge an online fee when it's released. Go figure.

Don't count on free online play. There's no money to be made by charging nothing for a continuously provided service that costs money to maintain.

uhhhhhh. For your information. If you can read japanese, You'd know it's not free. Check out some of the japanese PSO offical sites. It says that it's not free. For 30 days it's 5 dollars and sumtin cents. For 90 days it's 11 dollars and something cents. I thought I'd fill you in on this stuff. I don't post a lot of stuff here, because I'm usually at the FFXI fourms, RPGing with my anime friends.(I go there to RPG, get news on games, tell people about anime, and just talk) But, I'm loaded with information on PSOE1&2 I've already pre-ordered the import version also.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeeroX on 2002-07-02 21:55 ]</font>

It will prolly be free in Japan and we will have to pay 15 dollars every time we log on.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

The Original Boon

Most online RPGs are pay to play because the developers have to maintain the servers which costs money.

As far as PC games and pay to play, as long as CS and any other FPS games are free everything is chill.