Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I know leveling up is pretty much the first thing on most peoples minds, but as we all know that gets boring as hell sometimes. What I want to know is, what else do you do other than the xp grind?? As for me, I have taken up "Pistols at dawn" and Footraces, Pistols is fun with a buddy and even better when you have someone to count down for you. If you dont, do the old 10 paces then shoot routine. Footraces are a blast also, clear out the level and see who can run the level the fastest, or you can go crazy and try it when its full of mobs, havent tried that yet...but it could be fun. So, anyone else do anything stuipid? lets hear it!

Rappy Hunter

Sometimes, just for fun, I like to switch my Dreamcast on and off really fast. Or even make a new character, let's call him "Gamblor", and run up to people and tell them how fat my mom is.

Try it!

To Tynaut: Um...how shall I say this? I'll refrain from rudeness. If you don't have anything useful to say then keep it to yourself. I found Gamblors post interesting because breaking the monotony in a sea of hack and slash can be invigorating.
    I just wish I had more to contribute to the "non-exping" mode. But those games sound fun. I think running a level with critters would be fun.

I took two semesters of Japanese in college and it was a really fun class. Online I can go find a bunch of Japanese people talking and I can work on my character recognition skills. I could sit in the lobby for an hour just trying to translate as much as I can. It's perfect because the word bubbles are short, and only stay up for a few seconds. Like a never-ending array of flash cards!

I can almost hear the sighs of relief when I tell my teammates "just type in Japanese I'll figure it out."

-SSZ

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are Sub, and it does kinda help your skills to try to understand what they're saying. Too bad they're talking in shortform just like we do, ex:
    "So u all wanna play in game xyz, k?"
    "k"
    "sure, tx for the invite"
    after game
    "k guys, cya l8rz, gg!"
    "yeah gg"
    "??? f.u.k u all u dint give me ne l00t!"

It would really be helpful if we could type in kana on our keyboards too...Sub have you found a way to do that with the US PSO?

Well, if you switch to Japanese language at the title screen options, you can use the japanese ingame keyboard complete with spiffyer symbols and stuffs. Also, you can type in english (sometimes) with a perpherial keyboard, as well as type romanji that gets instantly translated into hiragana.

~Trent "Raven" Kuraine

Why is it that I can never stop staring at that face (your avatar) Kuraine? There was a pic of it on another site, for some reason, everytime I see it I'm glued, I am weird.

On 2001-02-22 02:44, SuperSubZero wrote:
    It's perfect because the word bubbles are short, and only stay up for a few seconds. Like a never-ending array of flash cards!
    -SSZ
    And my mom said I would never learn a thing playing video games!

Rappy Hunter

That's not what your mom said to me, Gamblor.

And this is between me and Gamblor, Neinth. Trust me, I'm the good guy. In real life he's always shoving me and slamming my fingers in my locker and knocking my binder out of my hands. It's hard having braces, Gamblor. It's really HARD.

Tynaut,

Please take this to e-mail. Personal flames are not approprate for this board.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.